Current Trade-In Value?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just saying...So, the cars.com is a good place for dealers to lure buyers in for a hope and a prayer? This doesn't sound fair to me?

I think MSRP is a fair place to start for a new car in today's market (add the required taxes and the required title fee). Next year may be discounts off MSRP?
I don’t think it’s much different than how dealers advertise on their own sites. There’s plenty of dealerships around here that had GT500’s listed at MSRP on their site and then when you call or go in there’s a $10-$25k market adjustment tacked on.

I think MSRP is a fair place to start as well. There’s more seasonality to sports cars up here than down by you so most of the listed 500’s will sit for a while. Come February/March things will start moving again. Prices were not slowing down much in November and early December that’s for sure.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Call Give Me The Vin.com. They will offer the going price on what would be the top of the mark if not selling it privately. Then take off a few grand if selling to a dealership. It generally zeros out when you consider the tax savings if trading it in at a dealership.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I have no doubt I could get at least msrp for my 2020 but I have no plans on selling it for an inferior car.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not questioning your choice, just curious. Have you driven the C8? If so curious what your take is compared to the 500. I’ll leave my opinion out of it. As for trade, that’s a pretty loaded question. It just varies so much from dealer to dealer. With your mileage around msrp is where it should be, but if your getting the C8 at msrp I’d expect them to be 10kish back. Not sure about Fl, here the trade saves 4% on that amount toward the new ttl. You could sell it for around msrp out right without to much trouble if they low ball you.
I was just in a South Fl Chevy Dealership last week in Boca. How about 20k PLUS OVER STICKER for a C8 and there were quite a few in the dealership and they said people are paying it, Dopes!!!!

IMHO u have a better chance buying an in STOCK C8 in South Fl at sticker as finding Bigfoot

FL Dealerships are interesting, I live here too and never seen such hogwash, disgrace of a state to buy a car

Pa & NJ Dealers worked with u
Here in Fl, they’re a joke

Hopefully in a year this will all be over and these dealers will get hammered with too much inventory and real guys will be able to buy a car for a fair price

Personally, I’d only buy certified used unless theres major incentives + 0% finance rate

Why would anyone give them your money at 0%

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I do not think the prices are going down at all. It just seems like that because there are a lot of 20 Base GT500 with high mileage no Handling Package or other add-ons. Once you start adding on options and looking for low mile examples you'll see the prices are staying strong. As far as $60K that someone mentioned. I doubt that will ever happen since GT350s, Mach 1s and other lower trims are still in that range.

OP, are you sure you want a C8? You might miss that top end pull from the Shelby.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's all a shell game when you are working two transactions at the same time. They may give you msrp on the c8, but they lowball you on your trade.

You have to look at the overall deal, and that does include the sales tax savings, but you also have to realize what you have.

Most of the experts who post links of cars on dealers lots don't understand that the ADM is usually not disclosed until you either show up (foolishly) and try to buy the car. I'd recommend calling some of those dealers and verifying pricing.

My point is know what you have and set a threshold that you will not go below.

I have no idea what your car is worth. But I do know that dealers make money off a trade while selling the new car at msrp. You have to look at the net result.

Last bit of advice, both transactions should be a good deal outright. It isn't an msrp deal if you are loosing on the trade.

OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It's all a shell game when you are working two transactions at the same time. They may give you msrp on the c8, but they lowball you on your trade.

You have to look at the overall deal, and that does include the sales tax savings, but you also have to realize what you have.

Most of the experts who post links of cars on dealers lots don't understand that the ADM is usually not disclosed until you either show up (foolishly) and try to buy the car. I'd recommend calling some of those dealers and verifying pricing.

My point is know what you have and set a threshold that you will not go below.

I have no idea what your car is worth. But I do know that dealers make money off a trade while selling the new car at msrp. You have to look at the net result.

Last bit of advice, both transactions should be a good deal outright. It isn't an msrp deal if you are loosing on the trade.
Excellent advice, and it mirrors my own thinking. I may be able to find an MSRP C8, but if I get hammered on the trade it really isn't MSRP is it? That was the whole point of this thread.

FWIW, the dealership isn't willing to do MSRP at this point so it's moot anyways. My thanks to everyone who responded, I appreciate your thoughts.

SirJames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2020 Mustang GT Premium / 2021 Macan
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a C8 Z51 pack. Cool car. But I prefered the C7 Grand Sport. The C8 Z06 would be the only Vette that might get me out of a GT500

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
That buyer got very lucky. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that go back up for sale. It doesn’t make sense to sell any of these types of cars this time of year to me. Wait till March/April at the minimum. The caveat to that being unless your in a situation and you have to unload it.
Yea, guy must've been desperate. Why would you list in the middle of winter with this economic landscape?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, guy must've been desperate. Why would you list in the middle of winter with this economic landscape?
because by spring the economic landscape will be much worse. And anyway if demand was so hot, the bids would have gone higher. That they petered out has nothing to do with weather/seasonality, but rather poor demand.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
because by spring the economic landscape will be much worse.
Eh, they're already slowing rate hikes. Autotrader has moved 100 of the 700 Shelbys on there in the last month in the dead of winter. Selling this car at this time for that price is brain dead. Dude obviously couldn't afford it and had to dump it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Selling this car at this time for that price is brain dead
so where was the 27th bidder who would have paid 70 or even 72? There was an entire week of no bids after attaining 69K. So you're saying he should have set a reserve of 70+ and refused 69k?

The FED isn't remotely done raising rates. You're delusional if you think so. Plus I'd wager most of the people buying 500's don't need a bank's blessing.

But go ahead, keep smoking that "I know what I've got" crack pipe. You can huff and bellow come June but if there are no bids north of 69K that's just reality and your asset isn't worth remotely what you think it is.
Sponsored