DoorMan

DoorMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 Ram TRX
why don't you take off the mods and sell separately?
It's a thought I've had. I know how to maximize my return but I don't know if I care to go through the effort. I'm not what I would consider wealthy but I don't hurt for money. All the time and effort I would have to return it to stock and sell all the carbon fiber actually gives me a headache to think about. I'm a business owner and that effort could be spent on something that would give me a better return. If I was someone in the market for one and was handy with auto work, I would buy something like this and go the that route. Get a GT500 for the price of a S650 darkhorse.
Sponsored

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
I recently joined the Blue Oval Club with an '18 350. I've not driven the 500 but considering adding one to the stable. Hawked a '20 on BaT with 1,500 miles that hammered at $78k this morn. So add $9k for the CFTP + BaT fees and you're hovering around $90k. Do you have photos of the car that you can post/shoot me a msg?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That car was 1900 miles, and 82k with feeā€™s. It was also pretty beat on for 1900 miles. The tires on that car had had some serious heat put in them for only street use. That seller really hurt their sale by not replacing them. Not sure where you get a 9k add for a cftp package. The wheels and wing removed will bring considerably north of that. A 500 is a great mate for a 350 though.
This was a very good buy for 91kish with feeā€™s.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-71/

I recently joined the Blue Oval Club with an '18 350. I've not driven the 500 but considering adding one to the stable. Hawked a '20 on BaT with 1,500 miles that hammered at $78k this morn. So add $9k for the CFTP + BaT fees and you're hovering around $90k. Do you have photos of the car that you can post/shoot me a msg?

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
That car was 1900 miles, and 82k with feeā€™s. It was also pretty beat on for 1900 miles. The tires on that car had had some serious heat put in them for only street use. That seller really hurt their sale by not replacing them. Not sure where you get a 9k add for a cftp package. The wheels and wing removed will bring considerably north of that. A 500 is a great mate for a 350 though.
This was a very good buy for 91kish with feeā€™s.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-71/
Go back and read my post, #13

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Saw it. Been on both sides of that many times with dealers. On trade-in, sorry your extras donā€™t really add value. Once on the lot. Ya, this car has lots of extras. Well worth the mark up youā€™re buying it at even above book. Sound familiar. And I was a dealer at one time to. The book is relevant at trade in and thrown out the window during the sale. But your a dealer so you know all this.

Go back and read my post, #13

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Saw it. Been on both sides of that many times with dealers. On trade-in, sorry your extras donā€™t really add value. Once on the lot. Ya, this car has lots of extras. Well worth the mark up youā€™re buying it at even above book. Sound familiar. And I was a dealer at one time to. The book is relevant at trade in and thrown out the window during the sale. But your a dealer so you know all this.
Then if you WERE a dealer you should know the difference between retail sale and retail trade. Sound familiar? The necessity for a business to make money? As I stated, he could get more on private sale. My numbers were based on the sources i stated.The 9k estimate I and the other person you quoted came from nada and jdp. That is hard, factual info every dealer, as you know, uses. The bank as I also said goes off those numbers @125%. It's like you didn't clearly pay attention to what I said in total

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
So just to summarize, and this is not speculation...the car is worth ~93-104k

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Blackbook
(paywall subscription service- updated monthly-or was in past)

&

Manheim Auction
(updated ea week, from auctions around the USA, & is also an expensive paywall subscription service)
Most dealers I've dealt w/that sell higher end stuff, tend to use this one nowadays.

These 2 ā˜ both tend to reflect a quicker changing market value, than the NADAs & Kelley types, & are not as accurate as this market has moved around, post C19 era from mid ~2020 to date.

Had no idea that legit dealerships used these free valuation tools, unlessits just a salesman standing out on lot, to get a quick#. Most I've dealt w/do not use these free tools.

I'd wanna know what Manheim is calling out this week if I was the OP.

This šŸ‘‡ below was clipped this week from Edmunds Free Car Valuation Tool, for a BASE GT500.

I would not buy into this particular (free) tools projections, all that much.
Actually, not at all.
Not a big fan of the free tools these days.

They're a rough guide, yes. One that often seems behind, either in 1 direction or the other, in fluctuating market nowadays- at least from mid '20, to current date. Seen some big swings ladt 3+yrs.

Perhaps JD Power is the exception of free tools..??

I find this šŸ‘‡ free service screenshot provided by Edmunds Trade Value graph, to be a bit ridiculous, even for a '22 Base GT500 model It covers.

Of course there valuation tool is higher than this average $$$ on the graph.
Or, perhaps I don't know how to read there graph below, & thats why I find it a bit ridiculous at 1st glance.

But what do I know...??

Screenshot_20240307_124410_Chrome.jpg

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
MMR (Manheim) is of zero use in determining actual value. A. Banks don't use it. B. MMR condition ratings are almost always incorrect. And nada for dealers is not free. The dealers use these free tools because the banks do. So buy into these free tools or not, fact is those are tools along with blackbook you mentioned the banks use to determine how much money the are going to give you to purchase one. Do I agree or disagree with it? No comment. But you gotta remember the golden rule. He (the banks) who makes the gold, makes the rule

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Iā€˜ve been self emoloyed since I was 19. Actually had/have my own flooring line, and itā€™s still in place. Iā€™m aware a business has to make money. I did miss your last sentence or two. Thatā€™s my bad. That said, there are cars the books apply and then theres those that donā€™t. These cars fall in the latter category in many caseā€™s. Saleā€™s for many of these cars the banks are out of the equation, and so are the books. The actual market conflicts with the book values. Iā€™ll completely awknowldge it also depends on which side of the equation oneā€˜s on as well. Buyer or seller. Also, certain customers the banks throw out the guidelines as well.

Edit: my apologies, wasnā€™t trying to come off as I was going after you.

Then if you WERE a dealer you should know the difference between retail sale and retail trade. Sound familiar? The necessity for a business to make money? As I stated, he could get more on private sale. My numbers were based on the sources i stated.The 9k estimate I and the other person you quoted came from nada and jdp. That is hard, factual info every dealer, as you know, uses. The bank as I also said goes off those numbers @125%. It's like you didn't clearly pay attention to what I said in total

Last edited:

Sponsored

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Lol. Iā€˜ve been self emoloyed since I was 19. Actually had/have my own flooring line, and itā€™s still in place. Iā€™m aware a business has to make money. I did miss your last sentence or two. Thatā€™s my bad. That said, there are cars the books apply and then theres those that donā€™t. These cars fall in the latter category in many caseā€™s. Saleā€™s for many of these cars the banks are out of the equation, and so are the books. The actual market conflicts with the book values. Iā€™ll completely awknowldge it also depends on which side of the equation oneā€˜s on as well. Buyer or seller. Also, certain customers the banks throw out the guidelines as well.

Edit: my apologies, wasnā€™t trying to come off as I was going after you.
There are 14 THOUSAND s550 gt500's.

Strange that you seem to think these cars "don't apply" to traditional methods of valuation. They simply are not low production uber rare vehicles.

Base model 500's are going for 70's all day everyday and 2x on Sunday. A CFTP car will add 7-9k to that number.

OP, considering the mods (that are likely only tasteful to an even smaller group) should be THRILLED if he receives offers in the 80's for this car. Sell immediately.

Consider values keep going down (in the short term) so if he wants to sell now is the time.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The 100k+ days are long gone my friend. Especially for a modded car.
Oh really. Two CFTPā€™s by me just sold for well OVER $100k within the last 30 days (and itā€™s not even buying season for these types of cars yet here).

Modded car is totally different, so yes they wonā€™t sniff $100k.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh really. Two CFTPā€™s by me just sold for well OVER $100k within the last 30 days (and itā€™s not even buying season for these types of cars yet here).

Modded car is totally different, so yes they wonā€™t sniff $100k.
Yep... modded car. This is the subject of the thread lol.

BUT... like anything... the value is what someone will pay!! So who knows I guess.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yep... modded car. This is the subject of the thread lol.

BUT... like anything... the value is what someone will pay!! So who knows I guess.
Iā€™m aware this is a thread about a modded car. Your previous statement infers CFTP cars go in the low $80ā€™s. Which is flat wrong. Quoted below.
And yes, value is ultimately what someone is willing to pay.

Base model 500's are going for 70's all day everyday and 2x on Sunday. A CFTP car will add 7-9k to that number.
Sponsored