mediumrare

mediumrare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Has anyone actually installed the curb alert with the camera?
I ended up installing the entire system with the camera myself. It was a pain to get right and figure out but I would say for the price and result it is definitely worth it. It makes parking with my aftermarket bumper trouble free and is super useful. Let me know if you have any questions about the system and installation, happy to help
Sponsored

roomk101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage2
I ended up installing the entire system with the camera myself. It was a pain to get right and figure out but I would say for the price and result it is definitely worth it. It makes parking with my aftermarket bumper trouble free and is super useful. Let me know if you have any questions about the system and installation, happy to help
Does the camera turn on automatically? If so, will it still work if you're in android auto or carplay? Thanks

OP
OP
mediumrare

mediumrare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Does the camera turn on automatically? If so, will it still work if you're in android auto or carplay? Thanks
Yes it turns on automatically as soon as the sensor picks up the curb, the alarm beeps and then you use the camera to inch forward exactly how much you need. It turns on regardless of what goes on in the sync system. You can also turn off the alarm if you just want the camera to turn on when you approach a curb.

Gtfold00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

Thank you anyway. I installed it. Took me a day and a half to do so lol

Gtfold00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

thanks anyway though, I ended up installing a Brandmotion 5000-CA9 Curb Alert Park View PRO w/Front Auto-Activation Camera and Interface for 8” Display Ford Mustang 2015-2020 , Black BUT, for some reason now, the stereo and the dash keeps resetting a few times... Now I've just created a new problem. Like the only issue that it might be after I installed the curb alert, with a camera as it could be a loose wire?

Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I back in 95% of the time but there are some places that have a one-way direction (front parking at restaurants), which would make it not feasible to back in. I have learned to stop well short of the curbs.
I've never heard of parking spot being one way. 🤔

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've seen these.

Parking.jpg

Gtfold00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Yes it turns on automatically as soon as the sensor picks up the curb, the alarm beeps and then you use the camera to inch forward exactly how much you need. It turns on regardless of what goes on in the sync system. You can also turn off the alarm if you just want the camera to turn on when you approach a curb.

Thanks mate - fixed the issue with the dash/ stereo resetting however, I may need to pull the dash a part again and fix the settings.

The issue I face now is that, once the camera is on and I click the okay button, the camera turns off. If I need to see the camera again, I'd have to turn on the ignition off/on again.
Sponsored