Sponsored

Creaking/Clicking from front left when turning right

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
I recently bought a 2019 GT350. It is making a sound from the left while turning hard (for the street) right almost identical to this video.

The 2017 I test drove also made this sound (long 500 mile Turo test drive). I was not able to hear this sound while test driving this car as I didn't drive it this hard. It only happens under hard cornering.

I have found a number of other threads historically, but I never saw an answer posted in relation to this video. To be clear, this video is not mine, it just sounds identical to mine.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a first avenue of inspection, I took the front wheels off to take a look at the brakes. I don't see anything obvious.

Seems like there's plenty of pad left, at least on the front. Or rather, at least enough life that I doubt it's the source of the issue.
PXL_20210825_013256152.jpg
PXL_20210825_012647675.jpg

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Make sure your wheel lugs are torqued to the correct level which is 150 on your torque wrench. I had the exact same issue and a couple of my wheel lugs where loose and after tightened it fixed it .

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Tightening of the lug nuts does not always fix the issue. I am in the same boat as the OP. During the GT350 mountain drive we heard the clicking coming from the front, at least we believe it was, but sounds do travel through the car so it may be from the rear. I checked all of the lugs before starting each day to make sure they were torqued to spec. The car handled the Tail, Cherokee mountains and Triangle without a flaw and made it back home. The only time the clicking occurred was on very tight turns at speed. The dealership replaced the front passenger side wheel assembly and it still occurs.

The vehicle is back at the dealership to look it over once again and for other issues that have occurred since the drive.

OP
OP

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had both front wheels off the car and back on and torqued to spec and it still occurs. I almost feel like I heard the creak a little bit while tightening the lugs on the left front, but it's hard to say.

Sponsored

OP
OP

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tightening of the lug nuts does not always fix the issue. I am in the same boat as the OP. During the GT350 mountain drive we heard the clicking coming from the front, at least we believe it was, but sounds do travel through the car so it may be from the rear. I checked all of the lugs before starting each day to make sure they were torqued to spec. The car handled the Tail, Cherokee mountains and Triangle without a flaw and made it back home. The only time the clicking occurred was on very tight turns at speed. The dealership replaced the front passenger side wheel assembly and it still occurs.

The vehicle is back at the dealership to look it over once again and for other issues that have occurred since the drive.
I have an appointment this coming Monday to check it out, I went for a fun joyride today in the sound was still quite loud even though I've retorqued all the wheels.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
It sounds from the video to be speed dependent. Is yours the same?

OP
OP

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds from the video to be speed dependent. Is yours the same?
Mine did not really seem to be speed dependent, more load dependent (but maybe more aggressive at high speeds?).

I got my car back from the dealer yesterday. They tightened the axle nut and it seems to be resolved (for now....)

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
i had similar sound. also when driving at steady speed and when i hit throttle really quickly i could duplicate the noise. Ford found axle splines worn out. They replaced bearing and axle and noise went away, maybe that could be your problem too
Sponsored