Sponsored

Clicking coming from front wheels (I think) when I turn

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It could be a loose sway bar or strut to spindle bolt too. Get out the torque wrench and see if things are cranked down.

OP
OP
nhgaudreau

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It could be a loose sway bar or strut to spindle bolt too. Get out the torque wrench and see if things are cranked down.
Problem is, I don't know the torque specs for anything other than lugs. Where do you get that info?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Factory service manual. Available from Helm.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Problem is, I don't know the torque specs for anything other than lugs. Where do you get that info?
yeah there are service manuals floating around the web. A good google search should get you something. For now, gutentight. Sway bar bolts are hard to over torque because they're angled so funny but if I remember, it's like 80lb ft or something on the end links. Just given em a good zork and if they "feel good", they're probably fine.

OP
OP
nhgaudreau

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
UPDATE: Dealership replaced the front wheel hubs and the clicking is still there when I turn. Does anyone know what this is yet?? So frustrating.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I have a similar sound. I've torqued the lugs which can affect it slightly, but it is always there.

I have not changed hubs yet, but based on your situation it sounds like that might not be the only cause.

I have had people tell me that the brakes can make this type of noise, due to the rotor rattling around on the pins. Not sure how true that is, but I am likely to get new rotors soon, so if that changes things I'll make a post about it.

I'm pretty used to the noise now.

-T

Sponsored

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base Race Red no Stripes
Its very annoying but I can't stand taking it to the ford dealer. Somehow they will find a way to make it worse.

OP
OP
nhgaudreau

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have a similar sound. I've torqued the lugs which can affect it slightly, but it is always there.

I have not changed hubs yet, but based on your situation it sounds like that might not be the only cause.

I have had people tell me that the brakes can make this type of noise, due to the rotor rattling around on the pins. Not sure how true that is, but I am likely to get new rotors soon, so if that changes things I'll make a post about it.

I'm pretty used to the noise now.

-T
Yes, please keep me updated. Thanks!

Its very annoying but I can't stand taking it to the ford dealer. Somehow they will find a way to make it worse.
Haha, true, but there is a Ford Dealer nearby with a decent reputation, believe it or not.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
UPDATE: Dealership replaced the front wheel hubs and the clicking is still there when I turn. Does anyone know what this is yet?? So frustrating.
Wasn't there a consensus some time ago that the wheel clicking noise is caused by the pins connecting the rotor to the hub, and it was nothing to worry about?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
yeah there are service manuals floating around the web. A good google search should get you something. For now, gutentight. Sway bar bolts are hard to over torque because they're angled so funny but if I remember, it's like 80lb ft or something on the end links. Just given em a good zork and if they "feel good", they're probably fine.
That's my philosophy.. even have the shirt.
20170718_205906-1-1.jpg

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Wasn't there a consensus some time ago that the wheel clicking noise is caused by the pins connecting the rotor to the hub, and it was nothing to worry about?
That's the noise you here when they are cooling or just coming off the track etc.
Sponsored