Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
It totally happens and I don't blame you whatsoever. Just wanted to check if the cop assume or what,
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
EVERYONE does 70 in a 65. What kind of asshole gives a guy a ticket for doing 70 in a 65 after he just wrecked his car.... what a fucking dick.
Well considering he could have hit/injured/killed someone else when he crashed, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy... Not everyone does 70 in a 65 in what appeared to be a pretty heavy downpour especially in a fairly powerful RWD car.

Not trying to crucify the OP, but things more or less turned out "best case scenario" here as far as things could have gone (other than of course not crashing)

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear this OP! You personal belongings can be gather as they are not vehicle equipment. Anything that is part of the vehicle cannot be taken from the vehicle, like others have said. For example tires, other than stock shifter, throttle body etc. They may let you swap out the aftermarket pieces for the stock ones, if they total it but you need a favorable claim adjuster to help you with that.
As for the ticket, fight it and ask for the radar evidence. You were flustered no doubt and blurted out "70". The judge will have to dismiss it for lack of evidence.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Hopefully youā€™re okay. Call your insurance, your claim if totaled should reflect the new normal in car prices. The NADA books are reflecting increases in value. How fast were you going just for reference?
something tells me this has a lot to do with highway speeds, rain, and big wide pp2 tires.

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
What does the ticket say? A ticket for 5 over based on your statement is foolish, unless a 5 over ticket is fewer points and lower fine than a reckless driving or too fast for conditions ticket. In that case he was doing you a favor.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Your personal stuff yes, but anything attached as a part to the car is then their property. In other words, the nice set of PS4S tires you might have bought 3 months ago are theirs. Unless the body shop lets you put on your take offsā€¦.but Usually, they wonā€™t let you near it once the settlement is made. You may have the option to buy the salvage, but Iā€™d think due to parts shortages theyā€™ll use them to recover some of your payoff settlement.
I pay a negligible amount to my insurance company for aftermarket modifications. I want to say it's like $12/6 months for $5,000 worth of coverage. Totally worth it to ensure you get what you're due for go-fast parts.

JR

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Bottom line is the car is still yours and you can do what you want with it.
Find it and have it towed to your house then r&r whatever parts you want off it. I wouldn't just pull parts and leave them missing as it would obviously decrease the value of the car but returning it to stock is perfectly allowable. You can get your personal belongings out whatever you decide, they are your things. The car is yours to do with until you accept whatever offer the insurance company makes.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
something tells me this has a lot to do with highway speeds, rain, and big wide pp2 tires.
I was wondering - is that a PP2 and was it on PSC2s?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I had just smacked a wall, so I wasn't thinking very clearly at the time
Iā€™m one county over from you and I gotta say these cops ainā€™t cuttinā€™ much slack these days. The countyā€™s bank accounts must be running thin. 4th July weekend I roll up to a country 4-way stop on 53 and as always, I stop completely. No question; heck I even saw Barney Fife stopped and fishing from the other leg of the intersection. I start off again normally and he hits the blues and engages hot pursuit mode. I thought maybe there was gonna be a swat callout. Maybe we looked threatening, being 70+ and driving one of those dangerous Subie Ascents, IDK. Anyway, the deputy swaggers over and for a minute I was pretty sure he was gonna draw down on me. Turns out yeah, I came to a complete stop but my front bumper eased over the white painted balk line a little first. Not like I was hanging out in the intersection. If Iā€™d been driving one of my ā€˜stangs Iā€™d have probably found myself taking a ride.

I got stopped by GA SP on a south GA 2 lane road a few years back in my 3/4 ton Duramax pulling a 16 foot enclosed tandem trailer loaded with 2 Harleys, rolling 93 in a 45. And since my detector went off I was on the brakes, and the trooper called me on it. I politely fessed up, didnā€˜t try to BS him and he wrote me a warning. WTF is wrong with these guys anymore? They seem to have reached a new level of dickonometry.

OP, Iā€™m glad youā€™re allright!

OP
OP

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I was going a little too fast when those wide Nitto's went across the standing water in the low area of the hwy. I have driven many times in rain worse than this and driving a Mustang you learn to slow and be alert. This time I never even felt the car try and get grip. It was basically like being on ice once the car turned to the wall, heir was nothing I could do at that point. I am mostly disgusted with myself for letting it happen and not being more aware.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Ehh -shit happens. Good thing your'e OK. When you get your replacement post-up some pics either here or on Mustang7g.com :wink:

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
May have gotten a ticket for too low of tire tread if you didnt get the speeding ticket, idk. Below 2mm tread depth is illegal idk what depth your tire tread was but obviously not enough if you hydroplaned.
Sponsored