Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I follow the data. HONEST data.
Who decides what is honest? It's just as easy to post a fake article that looks real, or create a pseudo opinion with lots of medical words and simple logic for people to follow.

If my life is on the line, and there's an accredited doctor and a guy with a laptop and YouTube telling me everything the doctor is saying is questionable, I'm going to go with the doctor, every time.

I always ask people, "Do you feel like you know how to do your job?" Usually, they say they do their job well and can do their bosses job better than they can. I then ask, "What if someone came off the street, walked to your desk, popped open a YouTube video and a few articles from some fringe sites and started telling you how to do your job?" Usually, there is much aversion to that scenario.

No doubt this is complex stuff especially since our understanding of the human body and how it all works is still pretty surface for the most part. But that doesn't mean you start doubting all the people who have spent their lives doing the work because it's less convenient for your narrative. That's dishonest at best and malicious at worst.
Sponsored

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
Come back when you figure out what the final ACY stand for. Amateur.
suicide.gif

I dunno bout only voting “if you own land”, but I think to vote you should at least have some tax liability...skin in the game, as it were.

this whole 40-something percent pays no taxes but gets to vote where the money goes (by choosing their candidate) is only gonna get worse, IMHO.
I wish you were right, but it's over 50% NOW that pay "Zero" income taxes...

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
I follow the data. HONEST data.
Florida posts real/honest data daily. Wisconsin does too, but you have to scan their site more to compile the more pertinent datasets that you want to compare.
Here is Florida data as of yesterday (on page 3 of their daily data PDF downloads).
Florida's daily Covid dataset download
Today's data will be posted tomorrow.
I added in the mortality rates by age group on the bottom right of that picture; simple math.
If you do this often enough, you will notice that below the age of 25, those numbers RARELY CHARGE (thank goodness right?). So, if that tread continues, as the number of cases continues to rise, the young people odds of being severely affected/killed by Covid keeps getting lower.
Florida Covid 3.22.21.jpg

Yes Covid is real. Yes some people die, but like the flu, it mostly affects a certain age group/portion of the population OR the people with underlying medical conditions which makes them more vulnerable to these types of respiratory illnesses.

Look at your own age group and using what you know about your own physical health, consult with your doctor if need be and decide if this "experimental" vaccine is right for you.
Everyone needs to do this analysis for themselves.
The "shaming" for peoples personal decisions has to stop!
drunk.gif
popcorn.gif

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Florida posts real/honest data daily. Wisconsin does too, but you have to scan their site more to compile the more pertinent datasets that you want to compare.
Here is Florida data as of yesterday (on page 3 of their daily data PDF downloads).
Florida's daily Covid dataset download
Today's data will be posted tomorrow.
I added in the mortality rates by age group on the bottom right of that picture; simple math.
If you do this often enough, you will notice that below the age of 25, those numbers RARELY CHARGE (thank goodness right?). So, if that tread continues, as the number of cases continues to rise, the young people odds of being severely affected/killed by Covid keeps getting lower.

Yes Covid is real. Yes some people die, but like the flu, it mostly affects a certain age group/portion of the population OR the people with underlying medical conditions which makes them more vulnerable to these types of respiratory illnesses.

Look at your own age group and using what you know about your own physical health, consult with your doctor if need be and decide if this "experimental" vaccine is right for you.
Everyone needs to do this analysis for themselves.
The "shaming" for peoples personal decisions has to stop!
drunk.gif
popcorn.gif

I'm not so sure about Florida. Covid in that state is not a disease, it's a political football. I know the state well as my parents lived there.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...0210318-nf2fylemwza4th57qm27ex66ky-story.html

You also, continually, miss the point about age groups. Yes you are right in that older people, in general, are more susceptible. This is old news. We knew that a year ago. But as more and more younger people are being or have been infected the spread continues. The outbreaks during the holiday season proved this without a doubt. Parents and grandparents severely ill or dead after children came home and were infected. Now let's wait until all the morons in Florida on spring break head home.

(This following comment is in general, not personally directed to you)

I'm also over this shaming stuff. Really? We're all adults. Some us need to grow up. Which would you rather incur, be shamed for not following pandemic protocols or the lifelong shame of being the cause of a loved one illness or death?

Sponsored

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I literally laughed out loud at the idea brought up you have to "own land" to vote. I pay more taxes than 90% of "land owners" in this country. I don't own land because I live in a city where your not buying a house for under a million. And that is a garbage house. Most city dwellers do not own land and make up a significant amount of the U.S. current legal voters.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
1. Just let the pandemic run its course. Millions die.
false.

There have been studies in the past and another one cropped up suggesting virus-against-virus competition. ie. Covid crowds out Flu but is in turn crowded out by the common cold.

We already know there is cross-immunity to the tune of 30-50% of population. We haven't yet figured out what the source of it is, but it's very much real.

In order for millions to die doctors have to choose to sit on the sidelines and do nothing to address the inflammatory reactions. In places where Wuhan isn't a political football, broadly effective treatment regimes are in place and actively being used.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Most city dwellers do not own land and make up a significant amount of the U.S. current legal voters.
You made my point.

But I'm willing to amend it to say you must pay federal tax in order to vote.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
false.

There have been studies in the past and another one cropped up suggesting virus-against-virus competition. ie. Covid crowds out Flu but is in turn crowded out by the common cold.

We already know there is cross-immunity to the tune of 30-50% of population. We haven't yet figured out what the source of it is, but it's very much real.

In order for millions to die doctors have to choose to sit on the sidelines and do nothing to address the inflammatory reactions. In places where Wuhan isn't a political football, broadly effective treatment regimes are in place and actively being used.
Your bias against the medical community is getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.