Covid Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Moderna is testing its COVID-19 vaccine in children — ages six-months through 11 years old. Some long term scary shit these kids will have to grow up with .
I don’t think it’s a positive or negative. The point is we don’t know. Anyone that says these vaccines can’t have long term side effects in unborn children is mistaken.

Long term facts for or against are not available.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I don’t think it’s a positive or negative. The point is we don’t know. Anyone that says these vaccines can’t have long term side effects in unborn children is mistaken.

Just wondering would you sacrifice your kids or grandchildren for the cause?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Good point. Of course we don't know. Scientists do not have a magic ball for what is going to happen 5, 10, 50 years down the road.

Read this. When I was a child, back in the Middle Ages, I got vaccinated for all of the diseases on this list. Just remember the diseases still exist, they have not been destroyed. Covid-19 will never be destroyed. I grew up in a world with Polio, German measles, Tetanus, Rubella, and all the rest. Trust me when I tell you that no one, and I mean no one, would want to catch one of these.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Is that is what is being asked? mRNA vectors are not new and have been studied for years. The studies that were conducted (and are now being conducted) for the current covid vaccines are rigorous and scientific.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point. Of course we don't know. Scientists do not have a magic ball for what is going to happen 5, 10, 50 years down the road.

Read this. When I was a child, back in the Middle Ages, I got vaccinated for all of the diseases on this list. Just remember the diseases still exist, they have not been destroyed. Covid-19 will never be destroyed. I grew up in a world with Polio, German measles, Tetanus, Rubella, and all the rest. Trust me when I tell you that no one, and I mean no one, would want to catch one of these.

I remember too. They came to school and lined us all up and we go hit one after another. Most of us still have the scar to prove it. Can you imagine doing so in today's world?

Polio (and many others) have pretty much been wiped out in the US because of it.

On behalf of my generation, you're welcome.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well sacrifice is a strong word. But yes I would want them to get their shots. Just like my parents did for me. My daughters were both fully vaccinated. All four of my grandchildren are up to date on their shots. One thing that is done differently these days as that shots are spaced out. Multiple shots used to be given in one day. That no longer happens.

My wife and I have both had round 1 of the Moderna vaccine. Round 2 is coming these week. Do I have concerns? Of course, anyone would. But having had numerous shots over my 68 years I'm confident I'll survive these as well.

And the only cause I'm concerned with is staying alive. As Em said to each their own.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Well sacrifice is a strong word. But yes I would want them to get their shots. Just like my parents did for me. My daughters were both fully vaccinated. All four of my grandchildren are up to date on their shots. One thing that is done differently these days as that shots are spaced out. Multiple shots used to be given in one day. That no longer happens.

My wife and I have both had round 1 of the Moderna vaccine. Round 2 is coming these week. Do I have concerns? Of course, anyone would. But having had numerous shots over my 68 years I'm confident I'll survive these as well.

And the only cause I'm concerned with is staying alive. As Em said to each their own.
So you are ok with a Vaccine that's not approved by the FDA yet to be tested on your 6 month old baby?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you are ok with a Vaccine that's not approved by the FDA yet to be tested on your 6 month old baby?
It has an emergency approval does it not?

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My wife recently got her 2nd Moderna shot. Mild side effects, kind of tired and felt a little off for one day, but that’s it.
I just got the first shot of the Pfizer, just a mild sore arm for an evening. I go back in April for the second.

A friend of my wife and I got hit hard by Covid. Between hospital care and then being discharged to long term care has been affected since Dec 2020. She is not doing well at all, and was of average health before that. She is overweight, but I’m unsure if she had anything else going on health-wise. Nothing obvious.

A friend of mine died last week from Covid. He had a compromised immune system due to having cancer treatments. This virus is no joke. If you have a weakness Covid will exploit it.

I’d rather just get the shot. Not out of fear, but after weighing the risks of doing it vs not, it just makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle

Covid 19 is nothing compared to them ..especially to children .

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Proven? Where is the proof for something that has not even been out for a year? Who's naive?
Well, mRNA vaccines are not new (they have been studied for years) and they are not that complicated. How they work is understood. Again, efficacy aside, they are shown to be safe (getting the virus is magnitudes worse).

So, yeah...you are quite naïve.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
It has an emergency approval does it not?
It does and there is definitely a difference between FDA and "emergency approval "
FDA expects vaccine manufacturers to include in their EUA requests a plan for active follow-up for safety, including deaths, hospitalizations, and other serious or clinically significant adverse events, among individuals who receive the vaccine under an EUA, to inform ongoing benefit-risk determinations to support continuation of the EUA.

FDA also expects manufacturers who receive an EUA to continue their clinical trials to obtain additional safety and effectiveness information and pursue licensure (approval).

Post-authorization vaccine safety monitoring is a federal government responsibility shared primarily by FDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with other agencies involved in healthcare delivery. Post-authorization safety monitoring during the COVID-19 pandemic vaccination program will aim to continuously monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines to rapidly detect safety problems if they exist. There will be multiple, complementary systems in place with validated analytic methods that can rapidly detect signals for possible vaccine safety problems. The U.S. government has a well-established post-authorization/post-approval vaccine safety monitoring infrastructure that will be scaled up to meet the needs of a large-scale COVID-19 vaccination program. The U.S. government – in partnership with health systems, academic centers, and private sector partners – will use multiple existing vaccine safety monitoring systems to monitor COVID-19 vaccines in the post-authorization/approval period. Some of these systems are the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD), the Biologics Effectiveness and Safety (BEST) Initiative, and Medicare claims data.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.