Not open for further replies.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Maybe go back over the thread and work out which ”side” managed to deviate the topic from “who’s getting a Covid shot” to “how I feel about the riots from last year”.
Hello; As long as the thread is not shut down I am fine with any topic being discussed. The example was from a tropical fish site I joined ten years ago. Getting a thread shutdown was a common tactic as the moderators had a decided leaning, especially the top mod on the site.

Some of you have been on this site much longer than I. I can hold my own in discussions and will be willing to join in. So if the thread can continue in this vein, so be it.
Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
just in case no one noticed, the AV vaccine got confirmed yet again as being safe to use.
$%&#. I only took it to commit suicide in a way that will let my wife collect the life insurance.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Not that I am so simple as to expect any actual thoughtful consideration from some, it does raise a question or two.
I presented some ideas which could increase the vaccine coverage to many more people and if done would wind up with vaccine in many more arms. This ought to save lives is a point I was driving at.
Instead of any thought full discussion or consideration I was called names, told I am a selfish low life. That I am a person who does not care about others as much as those who attacked me do. On and on with additional stuff over many posts.
I get the notion that being on the opposite side of some political or social divide make a person an open target. What has been a puzzle to me is how some keep referring as to how they care so much for the health of others, but dismiss some ideas that might actually save lives.
I have confidence this post will be given the treatment same as many of my other posts have been. Go ahead. Show yourself.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Hello; Not that I am so simple as to expect any actual thoughtful consideration from some, it does raise a question or two.
I presented some ideas which could increase the vaccine coverage to many more people and if done would wind up with vaccine in many more arms. This ought to save lives is a point I was driving at.
Instead of any thought full discussion or consideration I was called names, told I am a selfish low life. That I am a person who does not care about others as much as those who attacked me do. On and on with additional stuff over many posts.
I get the notion that being on the opposite side of some political or social divide make a person an open target. What has been a puzzle to me is how some keep referring as to how they care so much for the health of others, but dismiss some ideas that might actually save lives.
I have confidence this post will be given the treatment same as many of my other posts have been. Go ahead. Show yourself.
This thread is now 55 pages long and I doubt that anyone will have the energy to read through it to find your post...
Why don’t you, maybe in a more concise form, explain again your idea (s) for expending vaccine coverage

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Uhh, you came to the wrong place (this thread) for civil discussion. Sleep well knowing the reactions you speak of are indisputable evidense their tortured sub consciences suspect you are right

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This thread is now 55 pages long and I doubt that anyone will have the energy to read through it to find your post...
Why don’t you, maybe in a more concise form, explain again your idea (s) for expending vaccine coverage
C.P.B.S.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; OK without details. (1) those having survived covid infection do not take vaccine. (2) Take only one one vaccine shot and not two. (3) Give an antibody test before a vaccine. Those with positive antibodies do not need vaccine.

Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
No matter what you says or how you say it somebody here is going to shit on it.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Dude...give it a rest already! Sheesh!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No matter what you says or how you say it somebody here is going to shit on it.
If it’s supported by the scientific consensus, it probably won’t get shit on.

To the topic at hand:

I will go and get the jab as soon as my turn comes. Living in an area where we haven’t had a single reported Covid case within 200 miles in >9 months means that there are plenty of people who’re further up the pecking order in terms of their age/location/other, who should be given access first.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
Hello; OK without details. (1) those having survived covid infection do not take vaccine. (2) Take only one one vaccine shot and not two. (3) Give an antibody test before a vaccine. Those with positive antibodies do not need vaccine.
Not intending any of this as an "attack". Don't take it as such.

(1) That is an idea. It may reasonable to supplant this suggestion with the antibody test in these post-COVID individuals - to help confirm some level of functional immunity. If they have an adequate antibody titer, then presume effective immunity and forego vaccination for now. Unfortunately, people who have recovered from COVID have shown very wide ranges in the level of antibody titers. Some individuals produce a strong immune response, while others mount a much weaker response.

(2) Aren't some European nations or the UK trying this strategy. It's a strategy. I'm not sure if it's right or wrong.

A single Pfizer dose confers 52.4 - 80+% protection against symptomatic COVID-19 infection. Maybe even higher... though this is time dependent - with immunity level increasing over time - not instantaneous obviously.

Moderna's has a similar level of effectiveness: 69-85+% effectiveness after a single dose. I'm sure it's time dependent as well - meaning after 1-2 weeks you will see the full effectiveness.

It's definitely a strategy. Is it the right strategy? Who knows right now? Not me or you or probably anyone on this earth knows for sure.

(3) Giving an antibody test (titer) as part of a blanket nationwide administration policy to determine eligibility for a COVID vaccine may not be a bad idea. This deals with your topic #(1). Obviously, the data is not definitive or absolute and most studies are limited by sample size.

As you are aware, the antibody titers wane over time. IgM is not detectable at 6 months. IgG lasts longer, possibly MUCH longer. However, given this observed decline in antibody titer, your plan would require constantly retesting antibody levels in every one of these citizens. Maybe testing every 2 months would be adequate? Who knows? Either way, that would be a massive logistic and financial undertaking on an already strained clinical system. I don't know how many millions of people would fall under this category but it could be logistically prohibitive compared to simply getting to the point and administering a vaccine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.