Not open for further replies.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello; I had the second dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday morning. First dose was not much. Some arm soreness.
The second dose is bad. About 8 to 10 hours after the injection the side effects started. The nurse told me to expect some flu like reactions so I expected some discomfort. It was much worse than that. Fever, chills, general body aches and feeling miserable for at least ten hours. Today had a bad headache. Not as bad as a real bad flu but bad enough. If the worst is over then at least it does not last as long as the flu does.

I had been considering skipping the second dose. Thinking the reports are a single dose gives some protection. I was thinking that first shot had "primed" my immune system so that if I became infected with the virus the immune response would kick in and likely prevent a bad case of the virus. The very strong reaction I had to the second injection was much more than I expected.
Sorry to hear that your reaction to the second dose was more than uncomfortable. Although it may have been more than you expected it was well within the norms of what we have been told. People react differently to vaccines. Yours was not a good experience. I have friends that had had virtually zero side effects other than are arm soreness with either vaccine. I'm glad you didn't skip the second dose. You will get through this and then, hopefully, be glad you did.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I have a rare auto immune disease. Less than 400,000 people have it. I have Scleroderma but it is now considered Systemic Sclerosis/Interstitial Lung disease because the disease has progressed internally and my white blood cells are causing scar tissue in my lungs. There are also other secondary conditions I have from Scleroderma like Raynauds Disease.

I have been taking auto-immune suppressants every day, twice a day ever since I've been diagnosed three years ago. I usually don't get sick and I've never been sick since I started taking my 'peso meds'. I just had my shot on Friday and I had no "out of control reaction." I am also taking other medication too but they aren't auto immune suppressants.

Please explain why I haven't had an "out of control immune response", given my rare condition since you know more about this vaccine than anyone else. My immune system is compromised and I am actively taking medication that would make me susceptible to a response. By your logic I should have died as soon as the needle went in my arm.

Guess I should expect to die in my sleep tomorrow? Or I'll just kneel over after my 2nd shot? When will my time run out? Maybe I'll grow a new arm? Maybe I'll react to the GMOs in the food
Sorry to hear about your condition. Its good that you have not experienced any severe reactions. The great majority of people who have taken the vaccine have had no major issues. My wife's poor health rap sheet is a mile long and her 1st shot symptoms were relatively mild. Mine were non exinsistant. We get our 2nd shoots next week. We'll see how it goes. I hope you feel better soon. :like:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Sorry to hear that your reaction to the second dose was more than uncomfortable. Although it may have been more than you expected it was well within the norms of what we have been told. People react differently to vaccines. Yours was not a good experience. I have friends that had had virtually zero side effects other than are arm soreness with either vaccine. I'm glad you didn't skip the second dose. You will get through this and then, hopefully, be glad you did.
Was that also with Moderna ?
I have second dose of it scheduled day before our first autocross event of the season - where I am also Time & Scoring chief (so have some responsibilities beyond just showing up and driving) and was thinking about asking to move the appointment a day earlier for that reason...

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I have second dose of it scheduled day before our first autocross event of the season - where I am also Time & Scoring chief (so have some responsibilities beyond just showing up and driving) and was thinking about asking to move the appointment a day earlier for that reason...
Pfizer and Moderna are very similar, so yes.

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
We now have 4 people that have died from the vaccine? 39 old women last week and a 65 old boxer last week? Nothing to see hear?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yes, both my wife and I got our shots at Walgreen's and they had Moderna at the time. I had a long discussion with my doctor prior to the shot he assured me that based on everything he knew it made no difference which shot we got. You could have a severe reaction to either or absolutely nothing, No one can tell you ahead of time which would be better.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I'm young so I ain't scared of no Wu Han and I got it before the lockdown happened last year. I'm not getting the vaccine because I don't believe in using a baby to save myself.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
We now have 4 people that have died from the vaccine? 39 old women last week and a 65 old boxer last week? Nothing to see hear?
What's your point. It's a vaccine. It's a medicine. People die from medications all the time. It is not new nor is it unexpected. It happens. But the percentages are extremely low. Yes it happens, but i would need to see some major numbers before I reconsidered not taking my second dose.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm not getting the vaccine even if it is mandated.

There have been way too many lies and half truths being told about this virus and the vaccines. I had the Covid and it was NOTHING! Everyone who I know that has had the vaccine has had worse symptoms than I and everyone in my family had.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am a medical educator and have been teaching our physicians about the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for months.
please post the data that proves there is no risk from ADE, as well the test data that showed that after inoculation the test subjects (both young and old, healthy and not) were bathed in viral load and universally shrugged off the assault. And compare and contrast against subjects that were subjected to the same bath of viral load and were not treated at all with anything, and those that were given Ivermectin or any of the other known treatments. And oh make sure you control for Vitamin D, pre-existing presence of antibodies, health factors, and so forth.

Wait, nothing in the efficacy studies came even remotely close to trying any of that? Why the hell not? EVERY OTHER vaccine has taken 10+ years to prove safety. Did we revoke the laws of science in 2020 and magically we know so very much all of a sudden that the "old ways" no longer apply? Do tell.

That you are calling this a vaccine tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and just a shrill spouting AMA dogma. Do you even know the difference between 'approved' and an EUA?

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not getting the vaccine even if it is mandated.

There have been way too many lies and half truths being told about this virus and the vaccines. I had the Covid and it was NOTHING! Everyone who I know that has had the vaccine has had worse symptoms than I and everyone in my family had.
Yep, you know way more than world-class physicians and scientists. Mmmm-kay.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
please post the data that proves there is no risk from ADE, as well the test data that showed that after inoculation the test subjects (both young and old, healthy and not) were bathed in viral load and universally shrugged off the assault. And compare and contrast against subjects that were subjected to the same bath of viral load and were not treated at all with anything, and those that were given Ivermectin or any of the other known treatments. And oh make sure you control for Vitamin D, pre-existing presence of antibodies, health factors, and so forth?

Wait, nothing in the efficacy studies came even remotely close to trying any of that?

That you are calling this a vaccine tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and just a shrill spouting AMA dogma.
Hahahahah!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
please post the data that proves there is no risk from ADE, as well the test data that showed that after inoculation the test subjects (both young and old, healthy and not) were bathed in viral load and universally shrugged off the assault. And compare and contrast against subjects that were subjected to the same bath of viral load and were not treated at all with anything, and those that were given Ivermectin or any of the other known treatments. And oh make sure you control for Vitamin D, pre-existing presence of antibodies, health factors, and so forth.

Wait, nothing in the efficacy studies came even remotely close to trying any of that? Why the hell not? EVERY OTHER vaccine has taken 10+ years to prove safety. Did we revoke the laws of science in 2020 and magically we know so very much all of a sudden that the "old ways" no longer apply? Do tell.

That you are calling this a vaccine tells me you have no idea what you're talking about and just a shrill spouting AMA dogma.
This actually requires a follow up because what you are proposing is nonsense and ethically wrong (and probably illegal)

Your ignorance is screaming here.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How selfish. I sure hope you don't kill any of the public you work for.
riddle me this oh 'medical educator'. a few million people get the flu every year and no small percentage of them continue to go out and about infecting surfaces and others that can be directly traced to spreading it and ultimately killing tens of thousands EVERY year.

Why are such people not being charged with murder if not being executed on spot? I mean, "if it saves just one life" any time you observe someone out in public with the sniffles, runny nose, or blood-shot eyes summary execution is called for. No? Why the hell not? And since when does Wuhan-19 suddenly get elevated to this special status where running around without a mask DESPITE NOT BEING SICK should result in public castigation or worse?

If there was such a thing as asymptomatic spread of Ebola (technically there is) and that puppy RELIABLY kills 50% or more of those who get sick, you might have a point. Last I checked this wasn't Ebola.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.