Sponsored

Cooled seats not great?

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
Interesting. I'm in AZ and mine work quite well. I wonder why some work and some don't.
Same. The noise is pretty audible too on the highest setting. Living here I'll take anything to combat the summer swamp ass.
Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Same. The noise is pretty audible too on the highest setting. Living here I'll take anything to combat the summer swamp ass.
My mustang seats cool better than the Lexus LS430 I had. If I'm having leather seats in AZ, they're going to be cooled.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I donā€™t necessarily care about the ā€œcoolā€ function. I like that they prevent my back from getting sticky/sweaty in the Houston heat.

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
That would be my wife. She'll only put the seat cooler on if it's VERY hot, and even then only for a little while. She says it feels like she's peed in her pants when it's been on for a while.
My wife says the same thing. My question is, whenā€˜s the last time they peed their pants to know šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
My wife says the cooling makes her feel like she has to pee, so only uses it a little. Me, when I was looking for a Mustang, I started out with the cooled seats as a requirement and worked out from there. Mine work fine for me, and in the South in a black car with a black interior - that's saying something. I'll never buy another car without ball chillers again.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
One more question ... should I hear it "wooshing" without the engine running? I could just be missing it with the top down and the engine running.
They won't turn on without the engine running.
You should perceive a very clear difference when you switch them from the highest to the lowest setting. It will get noticeably quieter in there.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Interesting. I'm in AZ and mine work quite well. I wonder why some work and some don't.
I guess it's because our expectations are different.
They do work, it's just that:
1. If the car has been parked in the sun, and you have black leather seats, it will take the best part of ten minutes until they cool down to a comfortable level.
2. They cool the seat more strongly than the backrest, when in fact it should be the other way around. When you sit down on a hot seat, it's your back that feels unbearably hot, not your ass.

So, for those of us who expect the backrest to cool down fast, they're adequate at best. For those who are content to feel a bit of cooling through the seat of their pants and/or don't park in direct sunlight, they work perfectly fine.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's been a known issue for years that the Mustangs lack proper ventilation for the thermal electric (T.E.D.)
The units generate heat (it's a Peltier device) in how it generates cold and if the heat can't go anywhere fast enough eventually you'll just be getting warm air.
(especially if the air is already warm/hot from sitting in the sun)

Try blasting your floor AC on the coldest (LOW) temp setting, you should feel a difference.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It's been a known issue for years that the Mustangs lack proper ventilation for the thermal electric (T.E.D.)
The units generate heat (it's a Peltier device) in how it generates cold and if the heat can't go anywhere fast enough eventually you'll just be getting warm air.
(especially if the air is already warm/hot from sitting in the sun)

Try blasting your floor AC on the coldest (LOW) temp setting, you should feel a difference.
Yeah, I think the idea is if it's hot enough to need the cooled seating, a person probably will be running the A/C as well. If I am running the A/C even on just low, the first setting of the cooled seat is all I need. Recently, I was driving without the A/C and noticed I need to run the cooled seat on high to get the same effect. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'll run them with the windows open without the A/C just to vent the seat and keep the air moving on on my back on the warm days, but the warmer/hotter it is out the faster that area gets heat soaked.

Crank the AC on the floor and notice a change almost instantly.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
My mustang seats cool better than the Lexus LS430 I had. If I'm having leather seats in AZ, they're going to be cooled.
Same. I had a Lexus GS350 and cooled seats in it were terrible. My Mustang is way better. However my RAM 1500 will freeze my balls off.....pause

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
crazy, so yeah i guess i agree with other membersā€¦when you have AC on, they DO cool off much more. i didnā€™t know that was a thing. I usually run them with the windows down just so i can have windows down but no swampass lol. but yest i was driving, had AC on Auto mode around 68 degrees, and the cooled seats for both me and my passenger seemed to work much better. hmm. interesting.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Im in the bottom feels great even in first level. But the back even on high once in a blue moon I feel it group.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
They work ok for me, in fact with the top down I don't even know they are on which is what I prefer vs. having a freezing cold butt. Convertible, leather seats = burning hot uncomfortable on a hot day and they do a good job at keeping the seats slightly cooler than room temperature.
Sponsored