Sponsored

Coolant Levels

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Okay so a lot of you guys go through oil like crazy. Anyone else's car drink coolant like beer at a tailgate?
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Haven't seen any one posting on any forums of coolant loss. Need to have Ford check it out must be a leak some where.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mine was low at one of my first service intervals. I asked the dealer to look at it. They topped it off and said they didn't see any leaks. Since then, no change in the level.

If you are losing coolant I would get it looked at immediately. Coolant is pretty hard on engine internals. Hopefully it's an external leak and not a head gasket.

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mine was low at one of my first service intervals. I asked the dealer to look at it. They topped it off and said they didn't see any leaks. Since then, no change in the level.

If you are losing coolant I would get it looked at immediately. Coolant is pretty hard on engine internals. Hopefully it's an external leak and not a head gasket.
Yeah I'm gonna see what happens over the next few thousand miles. If it happens again I'm going to have the dealership look at it. I feel really stupid because I didn't notice mine was about an inch low underneath the minimum line and I'm guessing it was like that for some time. I'd be a liar if I didn't say I wasn't a touch nervous about that happening but I'm sure it'll be fine. I didn't track or run hard on it at those levels.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah I'm gonna see what happens over the next few thousand miles. If it happens again I'm going to have the dealership look at it. I feel really stupid because I didn't notice mine was about an inch low underneath the minimum line and I'm guessing it was like that for some time. I'd be a liar if I didn't say I wasn't a touch nervous about that happening but I'm sure it'll be fine. I didn't track or run hard on it at those levels.
Oh I see, you haven't added coolant multiple times and had the level continue going down. Hopefully it was just under-filled from the factory like mine was.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Oh I see, you haven't added coolant multiple times and had the level continue going down. Hopefully it was just under-filled from the factory like mine was.
Correct. Last time I saw it, it was pretty close to the minimum line but just noticed it the other day that it was below the minimum line. :doh:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Had a slight coolant leak from my radiator which was replaced under warranty.
Leak was so slow that nothing make it to the ground. Instead it evaporated off the belly pan with no evidence something was wrong. Noticed it while prepping for the oil line recall hose replacement

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Had a slight coolant leak from my radiator which was replaced under warranty.
Leak was so slow that nothing make it to the ground. Instead it evaporated off the belly pan with no evidence something was wrong. Noticed it while prepping for the oil line recall hose replacement
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Okay so a lot of you guys go through oil like crazy. Anyone else's car drink coolant like beer at a tailgate?
Just noticed mine is below the min line, at all prior checks it was full. Will have the dealer look at it when I get around to getting the AC fixed.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Mine likes to be at the MIN line no matter what. I've filled it up a couple of times, but it goes right back to it and stays there. It is stable there so I stopped worrying about it.