Sponsored

COOLANT LEAK

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
My GT350 has a slow coolant leak. Today I had the car idling for about 10 minutes in the driveway and when I backed up I noticed some fluid on the ground. Upon inspection it looked like coolant. Looked under the car and could see a slow drip coming from the rear of the belly pan on the drivers side. I collected some of the fluid and it is pink coolant. I have not observed any fluids on my garage floor and it looks like the slow drip only happens when the car is running. The crankcase oil is fine. Wanted to get this out to everyone as you might have this going on and not even know it.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
My GT350 has a slow coolant leak. Today I had the car idling for about 10 minutes in the driveway and when I backed up I noticed some fluid on the ground. Upon inspection it looked like coolant. Looked under the car and could see a slow drip coming from the rear of the belly pan on the drivers side. I collected some of the fluid and it is pink coolant. I have not observed any fluids on my garage floor and it looks like the slow drip only happens when the car is running. The crankcase oil is fine. Wanted to get this out to everyone as you might have this going on and not even know it.
Thanks for letting us know T.C. Let us know the source when you find out. Thanks

Last edited:

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Thank you for the post! I was about to post about my coolant leak as well.

I found my source and was wondering if someone could check their hose part number for me?

Mine is leaking in 2 places. The upper small hose from the tank towards the engine. It looks to be, slowly, dripping from both ends. It seems to be on there tight... maybe it loosens when hot?

OP
OP
TRACK CRAZY GT350

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the post! I was about to post about my coolant leak as well.

I found my source and was wondering if someone could check their hose part number for me?

Mine is leaking in 2 places. The upper small hose from the tank towards the engine. It looks to be, slowly, dripping from both ends. It seems to be on there tight... maybe it loosens when hot?
Mine doesn't seem to be leaking from the tank hoses. The tank is dry and clean all over. I will try to get you the hose numbers tomorrow.

Julio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 (Ford Mustang Shelby)
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, noticed this morning that the coolant level was just under mini.
I topped it up but then noticed that the hose coming from the tank seems to slowly leak, right at the connexion with the tank...
It may have been like this from the beginning but just hope the hose will not detach itself under pressure (have to drive 2000km to go home...).
Did you guys fix your issues ?

OP
OP
TRACK CRAZY GT350

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here, noticed this morning that the coolant level was just under mini.
I topped it up but then noticed that the hose coming from the tank seems to slowly leak, right at the connexion with the tank...
It may have been like this from the beginning but just hope the hose will not detach itself under pressure (have to drive 2000km to go home...).
Did you guys fix your issues ?
In the end I had to have the radiator replaced. There was a leak in the seam on the bottom. No problems since.
Sponsored