Convertible EQ/DSP change when unlatching the top

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
Question (also posted in the massive infotainment thread about speaker and stereo information):

I am getting ready to install my Orion 12" sub and amp in my 2018 convertible (need a custom fab box made) to replace the pathetic sub that comes with the Shaker Pro system. When I do this, I am also planning to upgrade the door 6" and 3.5" speakers to Powerbass woofers and Infinity reference coax 3.5"s (already swapped the center channel for this one and want to match it with the door 3.5"s).

My question is this: when I use FORScan to flatten the EQ, will this also remove the weird bass reduction/DSP effect that occurs when you unlatch the top? On the convertibles, when you drop the top it changes the audio profile and reduces the bass output fairly significantly. I definitely would like to deactivate this setting as well, but I'm not sure if the EQ flattening setting also covers this change. Anyone know?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ecerdas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Covertible
Question (also posted in the massive infotainment thread about speaker and stereo information):

I am getting ready to install my Orion 12" sub and amp in my 2018 convertible (need a custom fab box made) to replace the pathetic sub that comes with the Shaker Pro system. When I do this, I am also planning to upgrade the door 6" and 3.5" speakers to Powerbass woofers and Infinity reference coax 3.5"s (already swapped the center channel for this one and want to match it with the door 3.5"s).

My question is this: when I use FORScan to flatten the EQ, will this also remove the weird bass reduction/DSP effect that occurs when you unlatch the top? On the convertibles, when you drop the top it changes the audio profile and reduces the bass output fairly significantly. I definitely would like to deactivate this setting as well, but I'm not sure if the EQ flattening setting also covers this change. Anyone know?

Thanks!
Hi, did you get any reply or answer on this regard? I have added sub and amp, and replaced the rear speakers and would like to confirm on this.

Cheers!

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for answers on this too

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I was able to disable the unlatch EQ change through Forscan.

It still mutes for a second but the audio stays the same as with the top up.

783-01-01: 2000 AC to 0000 AC

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome find. Now I have to figure out how to program that.

Sponsored

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder why Ford did this anyway.

ecerdas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
I was able to disable the unlatch EQ change through Forscan.

It still mutes for a second but the audio stays the same as with the top up.

783-01-01: 2000 AC to 0000 AC
Nice, I'll try this out this weekend! And report back

Cheers,

Last edited:

David Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Damn! I had no idea there was an auto adjustment on bass output for when tops are down. God bless Ford for being so thoughtful to help Mustang owners reduce noise pollution. I'll need to invest in the FORscan software to disable so that I can get the most of my aftermarket subwoofer. BTW, I didn't know that the Shaker was available for the convertible. Also, I'm hearing from many that disconnecting the center speaker makes an instant improvement to the sound system. I wonder if it makes any sense to upgrade the rear speakers or are they installed just to claim a higher speaker count number?

ecerdas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
Hi Gents, so I tried this and to be very honest I could not hear that much of a difference. That could be because I have already flatten the EQ, maybe.

Nevertheless, is not like nothing else got disrupted either.

Regards,

David Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Same as ecerdas. I have a 2018 convertible GT, 9 speaker system, and hear no difference between when the top is latched and unlatched. And I didn’t change any of the Forscan settings. I must have gotten lucky.

Sponsored

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It seems to cut the very low bass and maybe compensate by putting a bump in higher in the range (haven't taken the time to do an RTA on it). You need to have the right song to hear the difference. It might not be as noticeable without an aftermarket sub.

Danao91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seb
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2017 Convertible
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to modify the line 783-01-01: 2000 AC to 0000 AC in Forscan but I' don't find it?
Can you please tell me in which module I can find it (ACM ? PCM ?.....)

Thanks

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My B&O system sounds better with the top down. I figured all that padding on the top was absorbing some sound.

raulienga

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2018
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to modify the line 783-01-01: 2000 AC to 0000 AC in Forscan but I' don't find it?
Can you please tell me in which module I can find it (ACM ? PCM ?.....)

Thanks
Were you able to find it? I haven't found it either.
Sponsored