Cold air intake suggestions?

Ecoboomed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Looking to get a new intake within the next few weeks. Currently looking at the roush Cai but I'm not sure if there's anything better then that. Also would anyone know the horsepower gains I can expect from the roush?
Sponsored

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Bikeman said it. Unless a tune is added you wont see much difference other than burning some more gas. I'm staying stock myself. Once my warranty is up then I'll consider a cai and a tune.
Whatever cai you go with defiantly go with one with a cover unless you live in a place it never rains. I've seen people suck water in because the air vents are pretty much right above where the filter is.

OP
OP
Ecoboomed

Ecoboomed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Unless you're planning to do a tune also, I'd just keep the stock CAI and get a higher flowing drop in filter. I use a AFE in mine.
I thought since the Ecoboost is a speed density car and doesn't have a MAF sensor that means you don't need to do a tune?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I thought since the Ecoboost is a speed density car and doesn't have a MAF sensor that means you don't need to do a tune?
Have you considered doing the Ford Performance tune? I had it on my 15 EB and it made a real difference. For the 18's you get a higher flowing air filter and the tune. About the same price as some of these CAI's go for.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ecoboomed

Ecoboomed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Have you considered doing the Ford Performance tune? I had it on my 15 EB and it made a real difference. For the 18's you get a higher flowing air filter and the tune. About the same price as some of these CAI's go for.
Where could I get that done? Just any Ford performance dealer?