Sponsored

Cobb OTS stage 1 harsh shifts/shift points

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
I have been watching this thread since it's inception ....... sitting on my Tune + latest revision for auto trans. I have not wanted to post about it before Adam because I did not know if he was still testing or not. Let me tell ya ......... my tranny shifts like butter now. It's not just good, it's OMG good baby ...... ;-) You guys running Cobb tunes ......... you have the Accessport which means that you are almost all the way there. Just a few more sheckles and you can have Adam's tune. After it's loaded you will wonder why you did not get it from the beginning.
Yeah, I just got it too. Can't believe how nice it is.
Sponsored

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
After driving around today with the OTS Cobb tune it will shift from 1st to 2nd as high as 3k rpm!!! That's just ridiculous and it feels so jerky and crunchy. I've read so many good things about Cobb but i have been fairly unimpressed with the lack of smoothness. I want to get tuned by Adam but that's another 300 bucks to shell out and i have to go through that long fine tuning process. Is there even a point of getting a custom tune when all i have is an intake?

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
A tune from Adam will completely change your car. The tune will make much more difference than an intake and full exhaust. You can also schedule and buy remote dyno tuning from him. Very easy way to fine tune your car in an hour or two.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I still have the earlier version Cobb S1 tunes (V1.20) if anyone wants them. They aren't suppose to have the hard shifting problems.

OP
OP
2016Mustang

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
After driving around today with the OTS Cobb tune it will shift from 1st to 2nd as high as 3k rpm!!! That's just ridiculous and it feels so jerky and crunchy. I've read so many good things about Cobb but i have been fairly unimpressed with the lack of smoothness.
Its especially really bad in traffic. The 1-2 shift is so hard it jerks the whole car at slow speeds. Its been to a point where I want to reinstall the stock tune due to that issue. Not a pleasant experience especially in traffic

Sponsored

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
Yes! I know! Very unpleasant indeed. Guess i'm now cornered into spending more money to get it tuned by the legend named Adam. I've head he'll make your auto feel like a Rolls Royce tranny.

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Its especially really bad in traffic. The 1-2 shift is so hard it jerks the whole car at slow speeds. Its been to a point where I want to reinstall the stock tune due to that issue. Not a pleasant experience especially in traffic
Mine was the same way .......... the car would just bang hard between 1st and 2nd no matter how I drove it. I go through 6 stoplights and 3 stop signs going one way on my daily commute to work. That means the tranny was banging 18 times a day, just horrible. Then .......... Adam comes with the fix and I have a new car. When I drive it now, it still catches me off guard thinking that it is going to bang .......... but it doesn't. His tune is worth every penny ........ :D

OP
OP
2016Mustang

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine was the same way .......... the car would just bang hard between 1st and 2nd no matter how I drove it. I go through 6 stoplights and 3 stop signs going one way on my daily commute to work. That means the tranny was banging 18 times a day, just horrible. Then .......... Adam comes with the fix and I have a new car. When I drive it now, it still catches me off guard thinking that it is going to bang .......... but it doesn't. His tune is worth every penny ........ :D
Did you get the transmission tuning from Adam or just the regular tune ?

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
Did you get the transmission tuning from Adam or just the regular tune ?
I just have his regular tune and it definitely fixed the shift problem. I'm going to get his transmission tune next. Should be nice considering what I've seen of his work so far.

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Regular lifetime tune ............... the tranny fix is now included with it.

Sponsored

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
Well that's good to hear knowing there is a cheap solution.

wizdumb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Turbo
Regular lifetime tune ............... the tranny fix is now included with it.
I noticed the jerking as well. I recently purchased his lifetime tune and was wondering if the harsh shift fix was included or if I had to purchase a separate transmission tune. Looks like i'll be good when I load it. Wish I can load it sooner but it's also configured for his wastegate so I'll have to wait to install that this weekend.

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Interesting thread. My EB has only a Cobb OTS 93 MAP. The car's battery completely discharged about 2 weeks ago while the cobb tune was on the car. Now the car's transmission/shift logic is very weird. 1-2 shifts are way too harsh. Car has random RPM flutters when partial throttle in 6th gear. Definitely not confidence inspiring especially considering my BMW has an amazing 8AT that is 100x times better than the 6AT in the mustang.

I flashed it to stock and it didn't help much either. Don't know what to do.

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
I don't see how a tune would cause the battery issue you had??... That concerns me.

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
I don't see how a tune would cause the battery issue you had??... That concerns me.
Nope the tune had nothing to do it. But it was on the car when the battery discharged.

The shifting issues became severe after that incident.
Sponsored