Sponsored

Cobb OTS stage 1 harsh shifts/shift points

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys i've been running the stage 1 OTS cobb tune now for about a month and just driving around the city instead of shifting at 1500-1800k like the stock tune, it wants to shift at 2500-2700k which is a real pain when driving in traffic or in the city. Also the 1-2 shift on the car are real harsh when driving normal. I know one other forum member here mentioned he had the same problem. Just wondering if this is normal and if anyone else is experiencing this. It would be nice if Cobb came out with an update for this as its not enjoyable to drive in and around the city the way its shifting
Sponsored

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
Uninstall and reinstall the tune. It should help temporarily. I know they are working on a permanent fix. I'm waiting to hear if there is some progress.

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I say can the OTS and get Adam's time for life. You won't regret it.

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
I've written this in another post a couple of weeks back, so I'll summarize for brevity.

The latest version of the Cobb Stage 1 OTS Map (v.202) for AT transmission has an high shifting point between 1st and 2nd gear - as you pointed out after 2500rpm. I have personally called up customer support and complained, I would advise that you do the same as the more people call up and log an issue the more likely it is for Cobb to fix this.

As an interim solution, you can call up Cobb support and ask them to send you via Email an older version of the Stage 1 Map (v.120). This specific version has a normal shifting point at 1700rpm, between 1st and 2nd gear.

This interim solution is what I have been using myself, and it's MUCH better when driving your car in traffic or for your daily commute.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
2500rpm is high?

Sponsored

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
If you're driving in heavy traffic, and you're just trying to move the car slowly: Yes it is.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Yea I guess that would be annoying

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
I noticed this too and it is very annoying. I just recently got it tuned. I hope the high rpm shifting from 1 to 2 isn't harmful to the car. I just use the paddle shifters to shift early.

Do you guys know if you are supposed to use the shifters in regular drive mode? I know you are required to use them in S mode. It seems if you don't use them in drive mode the computer will take over and shift for you.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I know you are required to use them in S mode. It seems if you don't use them in drive mode the computer will take over and shift for you.
S is still automatic unless you engage the paddles. I actually love letting the car do its own shifting in S due to how ford programmed rev matched downshifts (if you have a nice exhaust its awesome).

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
If you have a 2016 AT it doesn't matter which version of the OTS map you have you will have the hard shift issues.

I actually spent about a month on the 2016's AT transmission configurations and finally resolved the issue. I implement it in all of my calibrations.

Sponsored

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
^^
Get the tune from Adam. You'll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Adam, what part of the 16s make the shift harder? I really feel like this is happening with my replacement engine. It does not seem as smooth as my first one.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Adam, what part of the 16s make the shift harder? I really feel like this is happening with my replacement engine. It does not seem as smooth as my first one.
It's the calibration for the transmission, nothing engine related.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
If you have a 2016 AT it doesn't matter which version of the OTS map you have you will have the hard shift issues.

I actually spent about a month on the 2016's AT transmission configurations and finally resolved the issue. I implement it in all of my calibrations.
What about 2015's? I still have the factory tune and when in S (automatic mode) the 1-2 shift is hard/sorta jerks the car. Seems to only happen if I do a pull, normal driving its smooth.

Is that normal?

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I have been watching this thread since it's inception ....... sitting on my Tune + latest revision for auto trans. I have not wanted to post about it before Adam because I did not know if he was still testing or not. Let me tell ya ......... my tranny shifts like butter now. It's not just good, it's OMG good baby ...... ;-) You guys running Cobb tunes ......... you have the Accessport which means that you are almost all the way there. Just a few more sheckles and you can have Adam's tune. After it's loaded you will wonder why you did not get it from the beginning.
Sponsored