OP
OP
2016Mustang

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just a little update regarding the shifts. I have alittle over a thousand miles on the tune now and the shifts (especially the 1-2 shift) have gotten worse. As soon as I begin to drive the car in the morning, the 1-2 shift almost feels its shifting twice (its hard to explain) almost like the transmission is slipping. In traffic the car is just outright terrible. I had my parents in the car the other day and every 1-2 shift in traffic, it jolted everyones body to a point where everyone in the car would *sigh* when it shifted . I contacted cobb about this and they are aware of the problem and hope to have an update by the end of June. If not I'm hoping adam from tune + can correct this issue
Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I have already corrected this issue. I can apply the fix to a Cobb OTS tune if needed.

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Get the tune from Adam. No BS his tunes work and his reviews are great. Once you get it in you'll never complain about shifts again.

hayabusa4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Mustang
Tune +

Get the auto transmission tune from Adam. No BS his tunes work and his reviews are great. Once you get it in you'll never complain about shifts again.
I have Adams lifetime e-tune and two days ago I purchased the transmission tune. All I can say is its the best money you can spend on your car. The shift points are spot on and it shifts so smooth that I am kicking myself for not doing it before. Even with the stock tune, my car never shifted this smooth. ADAM ROCKS!!!!:clap2:

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
Just a little update regarding the shifts. I have alittle over a thousand miles on the tune now and the shifts (especially the 1-2 shift) have gotten worse. As soon as I begin to drive the car in the morning, the 1-2 shift almost feels its shifting twice (its hard to explain) almost like the transmission is slipping. In traffic the car is just outright terrible. I had my parents in the car the other day and every 1-2 shift in traffic, it jolted everyones body to a point where everyone in the car would *sigh* when it shifted . I contacted cobb about this and they are aware of the problem and hope to have an update by the end of June. If not I'm hoping adam from tune + can correct this issue
I have noticed that as well. It's a second jolt feeling after the car shifts. It's gotten so rough it feels like a donkey is kicking me in the back of the head. Very disappointed that Cobb has done nothing about this.

Sponsored

Cardinal Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metallic
I have noticed that as well. It's a second jolt feeling after the car shifts. It's gotten so rough it feels like a donkey is kicking me in the back of the head. Very disappointed that Cobb has done nothing about this.
My email from him, said that they would be rolling out a new firmware update in the next week or two, that should fix the issue. :shrug:

twohitta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB
My email from him, said that they would be rolling out a new firmware update in the next week or two, that should fix the issue. :shrug:
Looks like they released a revision today, v.400 that should hopefully get rid of the hard 1-2 shift.

Revision History:
Performance Maps
v400 – Major Update
Improved CCF core logic and user interfaces.
Added COBB Traction Control* and 5-Way Torque Maximum Table Selection features.
Synchronized platform features (see custom feature documentation).
(AT Vehicles) Removed all performance based transmission tuning changes. Transmission tuning is available from our Protuner network.

OP
OP
2016Mustang

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looks like they released a revision today, v.400 that should hopefully get rid of the hard 1-2 shift.

Revision History:
Performance Maps
v400 – Major Update
Improved CCF core logic and user interfaces.
Added COBB Traction Control* and 5-Way Torque Maximum Table Selection features.
Synchronized platform features (see custom feature documentation).
(AT Vehicles) Removed all performance based transmission tuning changes. Transmission tuning is available from our Protuner network.
This is awesome , deff gonna upload it first thing tomorrow morning , let's pray they fixed the shifting issue

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
Can someone report back their feedback after installing v4 maps, in comparison with the old version?

Sponsored
OP
OP
2016Mustang

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can someone report back their feedback after installing v4 maps, in comparison with the old version?
Uploaded the new map this morning drove the car for about a good half hour and the shift points are finally fixed , the car shifts like stock now . Still haven't tried it in traffic but so far Very happy with the update

Dante

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB, Premium, Auto, PP, in DIB
Uploaded the new map this morning drove the car for about a good half hour and the shift points are finally fixed , the car shifts like stock now . Still haven't tried it in traffic but so far Very happy with the update
Much better in a parking lot too. I don't have to cringe for the 1>2 shift.

OP
OP
2016Mustang

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Much better in a parking lot too. I don't have to cringe for the 1>2 shift.
Good to hear, that 1-2 shift in traffic was really terrible. Ill prob be in traffic sometime today , ill keep everyone posted , but so far driving in the city it shifts excellent just like stock. No more 1-2 shift at 2500-2800

twohitta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB
Good to hear, that 1-2 shift in traffic was really terrible. Ill prob be in traffic sometime today , ill keep everyone posted , but so far driving in the city it shifts excellent just like stock. No more 1-2 shift at 2500-2800
Great news that it seems to be fixed. 30-45 min work commute in stop and go Austin traffic was terrible. Although I recently just started putting it in sport and using the paddle shifters to skip first after stopping which helped, glad I don't have to do that anymore. Will update mine tonight when it's not 100+ degrees.

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
On the auto trans, how do the MAP's affect the Sport/Sport+ modes? From what I've read, people say the "Drive" mode seems more like "Sport" Mode after tuning. If so, how much do the Sport/Sport+ modes change with the tune?

edit: I realize the shift points were restored to stock with the V4 update, but wht about throttle response, etc?
Sponsored

Last edited: