Unfortunately not surprising at all.

Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I wish Ford would rap the Shelby and premium trim level mustangs like GM does for the corvette.
Mine came wrapped…

and whatever was on the wrapping left “bird shit” looking white patches in the clear coat… they will correct out… but still…

be careful what you wish for

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
If memory serves Fish, you are the first owner to say their vehicle came "wrapped" in any way. I appreciate the goal but obviously, the implementation needs work if the stuff is leaving marks. <shaking head> Do companies even bother to test stuff like this any longer? Seems pretty damn dumb to cause more problems rather than avoiding some.

But, polishing is therapeutic. :-) (and they all need it.)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Beyond random protective "wrap pieces" in only a few spots, that's it. Not sure what he's talking about.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I found some Twinkie wrappers, but no wrapping on the car itself. A few small protective pieces. The spoiler was mostly wrapped I believe.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Good news is that you got it and it was not held up. Also, being on top of a truck, at least you should not worry too much about rocks and anything harmful other than weather which, if you drive the car in the rain, is nearly equivalent.

I understand your frustration though, I have no doubt mine was NOT wrapped, only good thing is it was in the showroom (fun buying experience).

However, when I got home and performed my usual wash/paint protection via Liquid Glass I could see the small amounts of debris where it was probably from being on a truck. No damage but, it did take me a bit to get everything to my expected level of cleanliness.

I would recommend going over the car carefully to make sure there was no damage during transport. I agree, it would be nice if they wrapped these cars correctly. Good thing is these are tough!

OP
OP

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I found some Twinkie wrappers, but no wrapping on the car itself. A few small protective pieces. The spoiler was mostly wrapped I believe.
Did Raiti review ur car! He's all about the Twinkies! Lmao!

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I'm talking about the whole car had a white thing over it - like the vettes do - so did the other cars on the trailer - dunno - maybe it was a shipping company thing. The material "scuffed" less than drooled white spew onto the paint. There was also this dusty compound that was all over too.
Car also had the obligatory plastic / foam bits on the parts that are on other cars.

I can't tell you guys why or how - just that it was that way upon arrival - and i have the jizz like stains on the clear coat to prove it!
Sponsored