• Total voters

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Almost 65k here and the cloth has held up very well. My only regret for seating is that I didn't get the Recaros, but for a daily seat, they have been fantastic.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Does conditioning help? I’ve got Lexol cleaner and conditioner that I bought when we got our Rogue, although I haven’t used it on the Mustang yet. I will probably do that when I’m on vacation in a couple of weeks. If it’s any consolation, the rogue is holding up very well in my opinion. I guess we all have to suffer with the fact that these cars cost a not inconsiderable amount of money but they aren’t really premium cars, even though the manufacturers would like you to think so.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I put conditioner on my '15 leather seats and they held up perfectly for 3 years. I liked them better in terms of straight comfort just sitting in them. But for everything else, I prefer the cloth in my '18. The leather isn't as comfortable in extreme hot and cold and you notice it when getting in. They were also a little slippery for spirited driving whereas the cloth seats are super grippy so my ass isn't sliding all over the place, especially important going to the manual. And truthfully, they're the biggest component of the premium price, so it just wasn't worth it this time.

In terms of upkeep, the cloth almost seems like it'll be harder to maintain for me? With the leather I would just wipe them off with a leather cleaner and they were pristine. Can't really wipe down the cloth because the material holds everything, so it has to be vacuumed. Also, any liquids would just roll off and get wiped up easily. If I spill anything on the cloth, have to use an upholstery machine.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I don't miss them.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Cloth here on my "15 and i love it. I had leather on my 2008 and 2012 and both of them began to crack apart even with Lexol conditioning.

Sponsored

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I had a rental 2015 with leather and at 15k miles the seats were beat. I get it was a rental car but still.

I wanted a Prem. PP2 for the heated mirrors mainly and the rest of the options. Decided to take a cloth Recaro car that was on the lot and available.

I wondered if the "upgraded" leather is any better quality compared to the "premium" offering?

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Leather needs to be taken care of. Lexol 3-4 times per year will keep it looking like new.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cloth in my GT, coming from partial leather Recaros in a Focus ST. I PREFER leather but I have noticed when looking the leather quality doesn’t seem that good... appears to be the case.

I like the fact it stays cooler than leather and more grip in hard cornering.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I really wish Ford included a more premium cloth with 301A. To me the cloth looks low budget even though comfortable to sit on. The 2018s have embossing on the cloth, but other than that it's the same cloth on the whole seat, while many other cars have texture and color differences between the seating area and the bolsters. My son has a WRX and the seat covering just feels nicer, with a sort of waffle finish dark grey in the center panels and black cloth on the bolsters. With the Mustang you get a choice of ebony or ceramic, that's it. It's too bad, I really would prefer cloth for all the reasons people have said, better wear, more comfortable in hot/cold.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The leather holds up just fine. 2015 premium here. Still looks new inside. Gotta laugh at the guys with cloth saying. "Well I hear the leather dont hold up". Well I heard that the manials break axles? And the 18 GT engines are exploding left and right? And the 18 manual trans are made of glass? Etc. Etc. You usually hear dumb shit like that from people that dont have it! This thread is as stupid as the manual vs auto threads! Or the EB vs Gt threads. Buy what you want. No justification needed.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
My 15 leather is fine. Nota single issue 3+ years.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I ended up getting the 2018 with leather because the deal was too good to pass up. Incentives were $7k off and only $3500 on 2019 with clothe.
56f9bf57e309f6068fc88165f6d72cda.jpg
4988c3b4bd4f70e0918be11f244bd853.jpg
b2c83e725f3708c58ff408a81e595d3c.jpg

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I hate leather seats. Cloth seats last much better, grip much better, are cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

Every 6G Mustang in Australia has leather seats, cloth isn't an option here.

Last edited:

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I love leather interior.

My 2010 FX4 has black leather and it’s held up great.

Black leather was a must have for me when shopping for my Mustang. I’ll make sure I condition it and keep up with it (just like everything else).

Even living in hot ass Houston I deal with the leather. I’ve got super dark tint on both the truck and car and have great sun shields for the windshield. The Mustang stays in the garage when at home too.
Sponsored