2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
The cloth Recaro's was one of the main reasons I picked this particular car (wanted a PP so that forced me into a base car).
They work great at the track and no fading or other flaws. A lot of my track car friends/running mates give me a lot of compliments on them too!

Something to think about is that the GT-350 doesn't come with leather Recaro's...Just sayin'
20180324_183737.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Never got the infatuation with leather. Cloth ftw.
It’s weird to me but I guess people want different things which is 100% fine of course. But the thing that has always confused me in my four or so years on this forum is the desire for maximum performance at the cheapest possible price. Some people buy premium cars and then complain about how heavy the car is and why isn’t Ford updating the car twice the year to beat the competition, making the car smaller, using all lightweight parts, etc.

Or buying an EB because the GT is the worst handling car on the market due to the heavy engine up front and then opting for the premium package? It doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense. If people are sensitive to every single once of weight why do these things and then become dramatic on the forums. It’s just odd.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I hate fords "leather" after 8 mustangs i finally went cloth and do no regret it way more comfortable. Factory bolsters are pretty good for a stock seat. Some slight wear from getting in and out but nothing you can see unless you l9ok.

Moostang83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm a leather fanatic for just about everything except vehicle interior. Im in FL as well, and leather gets 3rd degree burns on your legs hot in the summer. Plus a few friends of mine have leather seats, and i sweat constantly. I love the look, but its cloth interior for me.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I also have the fabric Recaro seats in my PP/GT. Love them, but I do find the leather ones sexy.

Sponsored

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
Leather; cold in winter, hot in summer, slippery, no thanks. I'll take cloth every single time. Every.

I've had 3 cars with leather, because they did not have a cloth option. If they did, I would trade for cloth seats.

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
honestly prefer my 18's cloth over my 15's eather way more comfortable and keeps you warmer in the cold and colder in heat

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I opted for the cloth. I find in summer I don't sweat as bad, and the cloth breathes much better. Also, seems to insulate and warm up faster in the winter from your own body heat, without needing heated seats.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
34000 miles on 2015 Premium, left side of drivers seat has very bad wear from getting in and out of car. Ford will not cover! My daughter has a 2011 Toyota with 156000 miles and the leather seats look great! Wish I could have gotten cloth with the Premium, no more Ford cheap leather for me!!! NOT ALL OF THE SEAT IS LEATHER!
I'm betting your daughter is a lot lighter than you are too. Just saying. Younger folks don't just plop down in a seat like and older, heavier person. Contributes more than you think.

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I got cloth. I like the feel better. I have leather in my F150 Screw and it's always too cold or too hot. Also have to clean and condition it regularly. I have an extra set of cloth covers I got here for a song when the time comes to replace them, I'm good.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
My car came with the cloth seats and I couldn't believe how easily dust and dirt shows on them. My other car is also cloth but NOWHERE near as bad. It depends on the material I suppose.

I ended up getting a leather set off eBay and put them on … much happier and I condition the leather a couple of times a year and it's not my daily anyway.

Still have the cloth set in the basement but for me, hated them.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I absolutely despise the leather interior, and if I found someone who wanted to trade I would do so in an instant. Cooled seats don't work for shit anyhow and that was the only real attraction. I drove a base ecoboost rental and was amazed at how much more comfortable the cloth base seats are, it was like heaven compared to the rock-hard hot leather stumps I have.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I added a poll for those who want to cast their votes on which they prefer. In the long run i opted for the Premium with leather basically because the color option I wanted the most has the leather. If they had the color I wanted with clothe I probably would have chosen it and if I didn't like it or it was too difficult to keep clean I would have added leather later on.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Went leather because I wanted the loaded package with 401A and also got the Premier Trim. Not seeing much seat wear after a year and a half, but I also need to condition it.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My car came with the cloth seats and I couldn't believe how easily dust and dirt shows on them. My other car is also cloth but NOWHERE near as bad. It depends on the material I suppose.

I ended up getting a leather set off eBay and put them on … much happier and I condition the leather a couple of times a year and it's not my daily anyway.

Still have the cloth set in the basement but for me, hated them.
I will say, if I wanted leather, I would do the same and get a very high quality aftermarket set of leather seat covers. The factory sets are the lowest quality and only partial leather covered sets from contracted companies like Katskin. If you get just about any Katskin "aftermarket" set, it will be a higher quality leather than what you get OEM from Ford, Chevy, etc..
Sponsored