Sponsored

V6 Owners Like Cloth Instead of Leather?

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I was kind of worried not having the option of leather seats or that the 2016 V6 might get that option. I had leather in my 2008 Cobalt. However I am finding that I like them and don't miss having leather. They don't feel like cheap cloth seats. I guess they are top of the line cloth seats?
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I thought I wouldn't like them but they're great, actually. They feel like quality cloth material and are pretty snug for a stock seat. I thought I would need heated seats in the winter but they don't get super cold like leather does so that wasn't even an issue.

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT500, 2015 Ruby Red Mustang V-6
Very satisfied with looks and feel of the V-6 cloth seats.

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
I really like them as well. The only thing I'm not crazy about is how black the color is. Older mustangs and other cars, black interior is still just a very dark gray. This one truly black and shows more dirt.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Love the seats. I've read about some people complaining about the leather, but haven't heard many complaints about the cloth. Even if I had; doesn't matter because I really like mine!

Sponsored

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I like the V6 cloth better than the GT cloth. The GT cloth has a stitching pattern that I'm not a fan of.

I was really impressed with the V6 interior.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The seats are great. I've had a lot of time in the V6 and now my GT and both types of cloth seats are equally high quality and comfortable. The GT just has a different pattern. I'm coming from quite nice leather seats for the last 6 years and I don't regret the cloth at all. No temperature extremes and they hold you in better than the leather.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
First 2015 I sat in was a stripped (not a single option other than 051A) V6. This was about a week before my special order arrived at my dealer. I was super-impressed. Had I not had the order coming, I might have been tempted to just go with the V6. Quite a deal at $25K.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I like the "cloth" seats in both our 13 Fusion SE and the new Mustang. I'm very happy with it but I will eventually go with a redline type leather interior for the Mustang. I figure after a year or so when I start to get the urge to modify lol. I'd add heat as well. I intend to keep this car a long time so I'll be making mods and adding stuff over the coming years.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The cloth seats are very nice. I wish the toggles were present on all models.

Sponsored

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T
A question for the maintenance of the cloth seat. Did you guys use 3M scotchgard to spray down your cloth seat? Is this the best way to protect it? I kinda dislike the idea of buying seat cover since I really my cloth seat interior.

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
A question for the maintenance of the cloth seat. Did you guys use 3M scotchgard to spray down your cloth seat? Is this the best way to protect it? I kinda dislike the idea of buying seat cover since I really my cloth seat interior.
Yes, I double Scotchgarded mine.

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
I like the "cloth" seats in both our 13 Fusion SE and the new Mustang. I'm very happy with it but I will eventually go with a redline type leather interior for the Mustang. I figure after a year or so when I start to get the urge to modify lol. I'd add heat as well. I intend to keep this car a long time so I'll be making mods and adding stuff over the coming years.
I plan to do the same. I have a Ruby Red 2015 and plan to go with a premium Redline-look, leather upgrade when the cloth seats start showing wear, especially on the outboard driver's side bolster. My dealer knows an excellent auto upholsterer in my area.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I prefer cloth over cheap leather. My Porsche had quality leather and it was very nice, but lets be honest about Ford leather...it's just ok at best. I have a carpet cleaner with upolstery attachment and can clean my cloth to new again in about a half hour. You can also use a shop vac and spray bottle of carpet cleaning solution. It's not hard to do.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I have a GT and the seat are very comfortable. I looked on line when ordering and the "CERAMIC"(who can relate to that as a color) looked like a medium grey. I was surprised when it showed up a light beige. It looks nice now but I cant imagine it will look good for long.
I have used Scotchguard years ago and wasnt impressed.Maybe it was my application technique.Has anyone used it and felt like it was protecting their seats? How did you apply It?
Sponsored