Sponsored

V6 Owners Like Cloth Instead of Leather?

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a gt with cloth seats. one thing I learned, leather gets HOT.
my e92 had leather seats without cooling option and even in the summer with the A/C cranked, my back would get so sweaty...
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I'm saving to replace my GT cloth as I find it too hard to keep clean, plus I want to make my Mustang one of a kind. Plus the leather is better then the factory loose fit leather.

www.[B]leather[/B]seats.com

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT500, 2015 Ruby Red Mustang V-6
I have a GT and the seat are very comfortable. I looked on line when ordering and the "CERAMIC"(who can relate to that as a color) looked like a medium grey. I was surprised when it showed up a light beige. It looks nice now but I cant imagine it will look good for long.
I have used Scotchguard years ago and wasnt impressed.Maybe it was my application technique.Has anyone used it and felt like it was protecting their seats? How did you apply It?
After a good cleaning with a mild detergent or upholstery cleaner, allow to completely dry. Then, apply a light coat of Scotchguard. Allow to dry overnight and make a second similar application. The product will protect against spills and the like. You will need to periodically clean the seats. I use a light distilled water spray and wipe off with a clean microfiber cloth. Once a year you might want to use a carpet vacuum with upholstery attachment as previously suggested.
Scotchguard is meant for cloth fabric only.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
No need to protect my seats... no food, no drinks allowed. And after a workout I sit on a $15 dollar foam pad/seat cushion that compliments the seat fabric color nicely. Got a matching set and keep them in the trunk.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
After a good cleaning with a mild detergent or upholstery cleaner, allow to completely dry. Then, apply a light coat of Scotchguard. Allow to dry overnight and make a second similar application. The product will protect against spills and the like. You will need to periodically clean the seats. I use a light distilled water spray and wipe off with a clean microfiber cloth. Once a year you might want to use a carpet vacuum with upholstery attachment as previously suggested.
Scotchguard is meant for cloth fabric only.
Thanx, I'll definitely try it.

Sponsored

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
I love how supportive the seats are on my v6! I may actually give scotchguard a try as well.

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T
No need to protect my seats... no food, no drinks allowed. And after a workout I sit on a $15 dollar foam pad/seat cushion that compliments the seat fabric color nicely. Got a matching set and keep them in the trunk.
Could you specify what kind of "$15 dollar foam pad/seat cushion" is it where you got it?:headbang::headbang:

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Could you specify what kind of "$15 dollar foam pad/seat cushion" is it where you got it?:headbang::headbang:
Don't recall the brand. But I picked them up at the local AutoZone. They had a number of them to choose from. They are very different than seat covers. They simply sit on your seat, covering the seat bottom and seat back.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
My dealer already sprayed mine with some ecospray to protect them. The same stuff they put on the paint.
Sponsored