CIA thoughts

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys, as you can all tell this thread is about CIA thoughts. I want to know what everyone is doing to there gt stangs in terms of cia only. Im more looking at no tune atm so want a cai to work without a tune. Also has anyone used a panel cai to replace the stock paper one and have they noticed anything different such as power or fuel, thanks so much guys. Feel free to share some pictures too.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Hey guys, as you can all tell this thread is about CIA thoughts. I want to know what everyone is doing to there gt stangs in terms of cia only. Im more looking at no tune atm so want a cai to work without a tune. Also has anyone used a panel cai to replace the stock paper one and have they noticed anything different such as power or fuel, thanks so much guys. Feel free to share some pictures too.
I am making a tin foil hat for my ECU so the CIA can't read my cars thoughts.

I'm pretty sure the O.P. Meant CAI but i couldn't help myself!

441.jpg

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I was talking to a guy yesterday who replaced the panel filter in his standard airbox with a K & N and thought he had better throttle response since fitting it. He said for $65.00 how could you go wrong?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's a good question. Personally, I wasn't going to do it at all until my logs revealed that I "need" to do it...
For me, I wanted to avoid an open type CAI, so that instantly rules out about half of them.
Today I fitted an Airaid. No results as yet, datalogging to come.
Dakota from Lund was adamant that I shouldn't remove the restrictor from it, leaving it as a "no tune" intake.
Install was simple enough, but getting the angled tube in was a bitch.
Also, the wiring for the MAF was a little short, so I carefully cut the wrapping tape away where it tees off. I then found that the factory clip wouldn't slide along the MAF harness. Removed clip and introduced P clip/split convoluted tube mod. (Airaid provide a hole, you have to fill it with something, may as well make use of it).
Picture may help.
EDIT: I also installed the Velossa Tech Big-Mouth, but in all honesty, I'm not convinced that it'll actually do anything. Was more a case of "can't hurt"
IMG_1912.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I was talking to a guy yesterday who replaced the panel filter in his standard airbox with a K & N and thought he had better throttle response since fitting it. He said for $65.00 how could you go wrong?
Thats pretty cool, where did he get it from at such a cheap price? I would love to try it out...

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
are you unhappy with your current air intake temperatures?
To be honest, i havent checked it lol. Just want to improve it if i can.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
It's a good question. Personally, I wasn't going to do it at all until my logs revealed that I "need" to do it...
For me, I wanted to avoid an open type CAI, so that instantly rules out about half of them.
Today I fitted an Airaid. No results as yet, datalogging to come.
Dakota from Lund was adamant that I shouldn't remove the restrictor from it, leaving it as a "no tune" intake.
Install was simple enough, but getting the angled tube in was a bitch.
Also, the wiring for the MAF was a little short, so I carefully cut the wrapping tape away where it tees off. I then found that the factory clip wouldn't slide along the MAF harness. Removed clip and introduced P clip/split convoluted tube mod. (Airaid provide a hole, you have to fill it with something, may as well make use of it).
Picture may help.
EDIT: I also installed the Velossa Tech Big-Mouth, but in all honesty, I'm not convinced that it'll actually do anything. Was more a case of "can't hurt"
Thanks for the info bud, what log are you talking about? Is it the one on your dash showing you air temp and stuff or something else? What temp should i look for? Also, what did this bad boy set you back? Where from? Thank you so much.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info bud, what log are you talking about? Is it the one on your dash showing you air temp and stuff or something else? What temp should i look for? Also, what did this bad boy set you back? Where from? Thank you so much.
Tony, The log I'm referring to is "data-logging" with Lund Racing. Basically, in the case of a CAI, they'll likely be looking at how that has altered the tune (if at all). From my end, I'll be looking at the MAF lb flow rate to establish if the intake has had any benefit.
Yes, it pays to get familiar with your current setup and how the IAT changes with ambient. That way you'll know if your $ have been well spent on your new CAI. I was generally seeing between 5-10 degrees above ambient. Haven't had time to gather any real data on this one though sorry.
I grabbed mine from Car Mods Australia, simply because they were $50 cheaper than everywhere else that I looked. $450ish from memory.
There may well be intakes that provide bigger gains, but you need to weary of how they're achieving them. Open top boxes sitting on a dyno with the bonnet open is a little deceitful IMO.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Tony, The log I'm referring to is "data-logging" with Lund Racing. Basically, in the case of a CAI, they'll likely be looking at how that has altered the tune (if at all). From my end, I'll be looking at the MAF lb flow rate to establish if the intake has had any benefit.
Yes, it pays to get familiar with your current setup and how the IAT changes with ambient. That way you'll know if your $ have been well spent on your new CAI. I was generally seeing between 5-10 degrees above ambient. Haven't had time to gather any real data on this one though sorry.
I grabbed mine from Car Mods Australia, simply because they were $50 cheaper than everywhere else that I looked. $450ish from memory.
There may well be intakes that provide bigger gains, but you need to weary of how they're achieving them. Open top boxes sitting on a dyno with the bonnet open is a little deceitful IMO.
Thanks for the heads up and awesome info burkey... something to look into at some stage. I want to do an exhaust, cai and tune once i have 3k on the clock.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I changed to a panel filter gained 2kw (aka waste of money), I tried both K&N and AFe Dry.

I am currently running an open top CAI, I have been happy with the performance of it

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I changed to a panel filter gained 2kw (aka waste of money), I tried both K&N and AFe Dry.

I am currently running an open top CAI, I have been happy with the performance of it
Are you referring to the BluePower CAI?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Are you referring to the BluePower CAI?
:lol: I was waiting for you to chime in with the name

Hows the Lund tuning going? :cheers:

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes

Did I read it wrong..... You mean CIA!!!!!

PPL374

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Due April 2017)
I went with Steeda for my GT. Mainly due to it being "no tune required" but it has the removable restrictor so i can go with a tune down the track. Car arrives tonight/tomorrow who i should be driving it by next weekend and will have some feedback.
Sponsored