Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I Waited a while before swapping the exhaust over as I was happy with the note it made but just wanted something louder. The wife was complaining it was to quite as well , it seems it's a must do for a lot of owners. I put an ford racing by borla sport catback in and haven't looked back !!! Loud enough for me
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I put an ford racing by borla sport catback in and haven't looked back !!!
Where'd you buy from if you don't mind my asking? That's the one I'm considering. Like the sound of the Borla and with their own logo on it, it'd be hard for Ford to complain about it should any warranty issue ever come up. Same reason I've gone with the Ford Performance catch can.

Shipping seems to be the killer but I haven't looked around that much given I still have a bit of a wait to go.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Where'd you buy from if you don't mind my asking? That's the one I'm considering. Like the sound of the Borla and with their own logo on it, it'd be hard for Ford to complain about it should any warranty issue ever come up. Same reason I've gone with the Ford Performance catch can.

Shipping seems to be the killer but I haven't looked around that much given I still have a bit of a wait to go.
I dont mean to cut in on this but I imported my Ford Racing - Sport Catback from the USA, at the time there definitely weren't any suppliers locally, and I was confident it was what I wanted. Currently believe I made the right decision too.

As for Warranty, any catback will not void any warranties as far as im aware, other than the stock exhaust warranty which is obviously no longer attached to the car, so that's a non issue. Pretty safe to say, your dealer will not be covering your after market catback if something happens to that.

But, do be careful with the idea that since it has 'ford' stamped on it, it means warranty covers everything. If its not OEM and causes an issue its still an after market modification, and if they can blame that mod, your warranty is out the window. Unless stated in writing that its covered before the fact.

Regardless, a catback cant hurt anything and doesnt require a warranty voiding tune. and the catch can is extremely unlikely to cause any problems (as long as its installed correctly). I cant see any warranty issues with these mods, but its got little to do with the logo.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
The standard exhaust note is awesome but it's WAAAY too quiet! If only it was louder.

Mine also blew heaps of fibreglass out the back all the time so the rear of the car looked like it was covered in glitter. I've done the full Hurricane exhaust now and love it, it sounds like a sporty V8
OMG :frusty:
Now i know what that is, i thought i kept driving passed an insulation factory or something it was driving me crazy.
Thanks so much for that comment.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OMG :frusty:
Now i know what that is, i thought i kept driving passed an insulation factory or something it was driving me crazy.
Thanks so much for that comment.
Too funny mate, it was really large fibres too, even when i replaced just the catback it still happened but they were smaller, i think now its fully replaced it's not doing it anymore

Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Vid with the xforce cat back system on mine to provide some ideas :)

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Vid with the xforce cat back system on mine to provide some ideas :)

That sounds great! What's the sound like in the cabin and cruise and is it very loud with the early morning food starts? Just thinking about the neighbours and the waking kids factor.....

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont mean to cut in on this but I imported my Ford Racing - Sport Catback from the USA, at the time there definitely weren't any suppliers locally, and I was confident it was what I wanted. Currently believe I made the right decision too.

As for Warranty, any catback will not void any warranties as far as im aware, other than the stock exhaust warranty which is obviously no longer attached to the car, so that's a non issue. Pretty safe to say, your dealer will not be covering your after market catback if something happens to that.

But, do be careful with the idea that since it has 'ford' stamped on it, it means warranty covers everything. If its not OEM and causes an issue its still an after market modification, and if they can blame that mod, your warranty is out the window. Unless stated in writing that its covered before the fact.

Regardless, a catback cant hurt anything and doesnt require a warranty voiding tune. and the catch can is extremely unlikely to cause any problems (as long as its installed correctly). I cant see any warranty issues with these mods, but its got little to do with the logo.
Could I ask where you ordered from and roughly what shipping cost? One place wanted ~US$800 for shipping.

I've worked in the industry for a while and have a mate who was the service manager for a dealer (not Ford) for many years. You wouldn't believe what I've seen and the stories that have been passed along.

It certainly won't guarantee anything but believe me, it won't hurt to have that logo if it goes to remediation outside the dealership. I'm lucky and haven't had to go further than fair trading but I know how it works. The odds are tiny that there'll ever be a problem but if I go with the Borla, which seems to be the one I like the sound of the most so far, then I may as well get the version with the Ford logo on it.

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

If your dead set keen on the Ford Racing by Borla the best pricing I found was Levittown Ford in the states if you want the parts quick (http://www.levittownfordparts.com/) Shipping is through the roof as it's 2 decent sized boxes, from memory I was quoted over half of what the exhaust was.

If you don't mind waiting Pony Parts Australia (http://www.ponyparts.design/) can get most stuff in cheaper than importing it yourself but if they don't have it on the shelf it's a 6-8 week wait. They get shipping heaps cheaper as they go by sea instead of air and the end price is slightly cheaper than importing yourself and you don't have to worry about import taxes etc.

I got the GT350 valance and Ford Racing Sport axle backs from Pony Parts Aus and saved a couple of hundred instead of direct importing myself, real easy and friendly to deal with aswell.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I Waited a while before swapping the exhaust over as I was happy with the note it made but just wanted something louder. The wife was complaining it was to quite as well , it seems it's a must do for a lot of owners. I put an ford racing by borla sport catback in and haven't looked back !!! Loud enough for me
Can anyone please tell me if the Ford Racing Borla Sport is the same as the Borla S.

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your dead set keen on the Ford Racing by Borla the best pricing I found was Levittown Ford in the states if you want the parts quick (http://www.levittownfordparts.com/) Shipping is through the roof as it's 2 decent sized boxes, from memory I was quoted over half of what the exhaust was.

If you don't mind waiting Pony Parts Australia (http://www.ponyparts.design/) can get most stuff in cheaper than importing it yourself but if they don't have it on the shelf it's a 6-8 week wait.
Thanks, sounds like about what I've seen so far in terms of shipping. I'll speak to Pony Parts and see what they say. Certainly not in a hurry, won't have the car for ages yet.

Can anyone please tell me if the Ford Racing Borla Sport is the same as the Borla S.
From the research I've done that seems to a yes but....

It's made by Borla and is essentially the same as the Borla S but with the Ford Racing logo stamped into the mufflers BUT the Borla S that some Australian retailers are selling is an AU compliant version which is a little quieter. Haven't researched it extensively so could be mistaken but that's my current understanding.

Reactions: PKs

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No they are made differently, I remember reading somewhere that the Borla guys spent extra time making sure the straight Borla branded exhausts are completely drone free. The Ford Racing by Borla exhausts were like a collaboration and their sound is exclusive to Ford Racing.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Go and watch the reviews by Bill from CJ Pony parts. They are different, he says the s type is deeper from memory, and he kept that one on his car after trying them all

M1TCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Ingot Silver GT AT
I ordered the Roush AB before I received my car, I knew it was going to be too quiet by seeing a few GTs go past on the streets. I wanted something that sounded good on start up and on demand when I put my foot down, the Roush certainly performs for both scenarios. I wasn't really bothered about spending a lot of money on an exhaust. Don't really get to drive it that fast anyway so power increase wasn't required, and I don't need the 'best' sound, just something louder. For a $900 DIY kit, I found it to be great value!

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Could I ask where you ordered from and roughly what shipping cost? One place wanted ~US$800 for shipping.

I've worked in the industry for a while and have a mate who was the service manager for a dealer (not Ford) for many years. You wouldn't believe what I've seen and the stories that have been passed along.

It certainly won't guarantee anything but believe me, it won't hurt to have that logo if it goes to remediation outside the dealership. I'm lucky and haven't had to go further than fair trading but I know how it works. The odds are tiny that there'll ever be a problem but if I go with the Borla, which seems to be the one I like the sound of the most so far, then I may as well get the version with the Ford logo on it.
Yeah, it is 'possible' you could get lucky that way.

I ordered from Hypermotive, shipping was closer to $350, and this was around a year ago. Definitely shop around and check local suppliers etc. prices at various suppliers could be much different now.

As mentioned above Levittown is another one I have ordered from, they are generally pretty competitive with oem or frpp parts!

And Borla S-type VS FRPP - Sport:

I did make a post about this in the exhaust thread, but like most of the threads they get extremely cluttered and go off topic etc, so no doubt its hard to find.
but basically they are very similar ..... FRPP had a hand in changing the sound of their version slightly and the tips are chiseled instead of the Borla S-type round end style. And the frpp is just a notch quieter. There are differences.... but they are not big ones.
Sponsored

Last edited: