Sponsored

Thoughts on order/build/delivery process?

Resto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 5.0, Oxford White manual coupe
Greetings everyone,

My first post here and must say I'm chuffed to be a part of the community!
While I'm fine to be patiently awaiting the delivery of my GT (ordered 31/03/15 at Metro Ford Newstead) I've become puzzled as to why some cars are being delivered ahead of others that appear to be ordered earlier. Any thoughts?

As I mentioned I'm happy to wait my turn but I've noticed some folks cars are well on the way to being delivered yet their orders were placed just a few days before mine. I've contacted my dealer (no news, VIN, etc) and Ford Australia on FB and to date have only been given my NSC. (which I understand means precious little) I've been given a rough 'ballpark' delivery of sometime between March and May. I would have thought my VIN should have been generated by now?

Appreciate any suggestions.

By the way, hired an Oxford White, V6 in November while at SEMA and enjoyed everything about the car. Was first given a new Camaro and took it back after a few hours- too bulky, cheesy plastic interior and handled woefully. Can't wait to be driving mine!

Cheers!
Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Greetings everyone,

My first post here and must say I'm chuffed to be a part of the community!
While I'm fine to be patiently awaiting the delivery of my GT (ordered 31/03/15 at Metro Ford Newstead) I've become puzzled as to why some cars are being delivered ahead of others that appear to be ordered earlier. Any thoughts?

As I mentioned I'm happy to wait my turn but I've noticed some folks cars are well on the way to being delivered yet their orders were placed just a few days before mine. I've contacted my dealer (no news, VIN, etc) and Ford Australia on FB and to date have only been given my NSC. (which I understand means precious little) I've been given a rough 'ballpark' delivery of sometime between March and May. I would have thought my VIN should have been generated by now?

Appreciate any suggestions.

By the way, hired an Oxford White, V6 in November while at SEMA and enjoyed everything about the car. Was first given a new Camaro and took it back after a few hours- too bulky, cheesy plastic interior and handled woefully. Can't wait to be driving mine!

Cheers!

Hey, and welcome to the forum!

Have a look at this thread

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33289

It should cover most of what you are looking for regarding opinions on the order/build/delivery process.

As you said, the NSC really gives very limited information about your car. After you have your VIN number you should be able to follow it more closely.

If your delivery date is meant to be March, yes you would expect to have a VIN number by now, its probably a good idea to ask your dealer to check for it. If that fails there is a contact on these forums who has helped some people with this info, someone can probably link you to that one (deysha?) its mentioned many times in the above link too.
If you have no vin number yet, you can probably expect a delivery date closer to the later month in the timeframe you were given.

Some people have had their car progress through certain stages faster than others, some much slower than others. Usually with no real explanation, causing frustration. Communication between Ford and the customer is really an embarrassment.

It seems there is no changing this, and its just a situation everyone has to deal with, and when your car arrives, it arrives. Some people cancel orders, some wait.

Last edited:

40STY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Welcome Resto.

I've got mine coming through Metro as well (been dealing with Dan). After speaking to him on Monday, by reading this forum, I've got a lot more info on my own car and the entire process than what the dealers do through Ford! Your best bet is to contact Deysha on here, but she can take up to a week to reply. Keep hassling the FordAU FB team until they can give you a VIN, then you can track the whole process yourself (Ford doesn't ever seem to follow through with the promised updates of build/ship etc).

I mentioned the weird order that cars are being delivered in and he said that when they put the order in on March the 6th, they put the list in order of who put a deposit down first. Somehow that made no difference to the build order and the 'first batch' is pretty random. I know its out of the dealers control once they place an order, but I still wasnt impressed to see 2 Ecoboosts delivered at Metro before xmas, knowing that when I ordered mine they told me I was the first turbo order they had taken. It seems to be even worse for the GT, a lot of turbos are being delivered that werent ordered until much later than GT's. I'm happy anyway, my car is on a ship and only a few weeks away :)

We will have to catch up for a Brissy Stang cruise once you get your car.

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Mustang GT
Hi Resto,
I't all makes no sense i ordered my GT on Feb 11th 2015 and paid the deposit same day.Ford Head call on Monday Nov 2nd and said my build date was the 14th Dec with delivery the end on Jan 2016. Vin was email a few days later, Ford Head office rang on Monday 11th Jan 2016 and said there is a delay and build date now is the 3rd Feb 2016 with delivery due first week of May but this is all tentative dates can still change.
Order dates don't mean crap to Ford its all pot luck.

OP
OP
Resto

Resto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 5.0, Oxford White manual coupe
Thanks for the feedback folks, much appreciated!

Really interesting reading all the stories of orders, Ford response, communications, etc. It really does make no sense! Still, I really don't mind the waiting- I reckon it's exciting.

Have to admit though I think Ford could lift their game a little! Even I have had next to nothing in the way of feedback. Believe it or not I actually had a call from the dealer who hung up before I answered. My follow up calls and emails also amounted to....nothing, no response! Yet!

But again as I said before I know my turn will come. And besides it's cool following everyone else's adventures. We're all a part of something pretty special, a part of Australian motoring history. It's totally understandable that many of us are antsy over some very real issues, but the way I see things, perhaps Ford US is a bit shell shocked by the Aus demand??!!

Whatever, just nice to be a part of this group. All the best and congrats to those who have their machines and good on those who are close!!

Cheers

Sponsored

Tarrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
I also ordered my EcoBoost from Dan at Metro Ford. Placed the order on 5th May, 2015. Only have an NSC number so far and FordAU on Facebook say it's for a March 2016 build, with delivery in June 2016. No VIN yet, but I don't expect one till early February anyway. I've heard of others booking an EcoBoost later than May that expect theirs in February 2016, so it's really a bit all over the place with the Turbos as well.

NicL

Sick of waiting!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback MY16 Ingot Silver
I also ordered my EcoBoost from Dan at Metro Ford. Placed the order on 5th May, 2015. Only have an NSC number so far and FordAU on Facebook say it's for a March 2016 build, with delivery in June 2016. No VIN yet, but I don't expect one till early February anyway. I've heard of others booking an EcoBoost later than May that expect theirs in February 2016, so it's really a bit all over the place with the Turbos as well.
That's ALL MESSED UP, Tarrax! I too have an Ecoboost on order. Order date was 18 May 2015, it was built on 28 Oct, gate released on 20 Dec and (I think) it's sitting in Baltimore waiting for either the Talisman or the Endurance, though anything after the gate release is unconfirmed.

I have no idea how the order sequence works, but certainly there is room for improvement in terms of info at least!

Tarrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
That's ALL MESSED UP, Tarrax! I too have an Ecoboost on order. Order date was 18 May 2015, it was built on 28 Oct, gate released on 20 Dec and (I think) it's sitting in Baltimore waiting for either the Talisman or the Endurance, though anything after the gate release is unconfirmed.

I have no idea how the order sequence works, but certainly there is room for improvement in terms of info at least!
Heh, yeah this is what I mean & congrats on the early build. You might even have the record for fastest order-to-build time. ;)

Personally though, I'm fine with the wait as being first means nothing to me, just annoyed no one at Ford has a clue what's going on. :headbonk:

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe

You could be talking about a 9 month turnaround, where others are getting 12+ months (and media reports of 2 years now!). Not sure how you managed it, but it's good for you :)

*sigh* who are these dealers that are doing something different/wrong to get some customers their Mustangs months earlier than others?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
His car is almost definitely an onsold cancelled order. Same specs/options etc.

If I walked in today and cancelled my June pre-order, and you walk in 5 seconds later and order the exact same specs... your delivery ETA will be July/August '16 and not 2017+

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
So i have placed a deposit for one in Sept 2015 when would i be expecting to hear anything from the dealer and have VIN# alocated?

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So i have placed a deposit for one in Sept 2015 when would i be expecting to hear anything from the dealer and have VIN# alocated?
You have a long wait, if it is inline with current wait times, you are looking at like August/September this year give or take a couple months, to have a VIN# allocated.

The dealer probably cant tell you yet,... and now that the first batch kinks are nearly all apparent and hopefully able to be streamlined somewhat, wait times should drop a bit, but this is Ford. Who knows!

Best bet is to turn off all expectations until August, to save yourself the stress/frustration of limited information.

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
You have a long wait, if it is inline with current wait times, you are looking at like August/September this year give or take a couple months, to have a VIN# allocated.

The dealer probably cant tell you yet,... and now that the first batch kinks are nearly all apparent and hopefully able to be streamlined somewhat, wait times should drop a bit, but this is Ford. Who knows!

Best bet is to turn off all expectations until August, to save yourself the stress/frustration of limited information.

Ok cool, i have read somewhere that VIN# were alocated after 1 month of placing order and then you should be able to get a window sticker.
I guess im banning my self from visiting this forum till august this year....:frusty::lol:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok cool, i have read somewhere that VIN# were alocated after 1 month of placing order and then you should be able to get a window sticker.
I guess im banning my self from visiting this forum till august this year....:frusty::lol:

Sorry about the unfavorable info, No one in Aus has had their VIN number anywhere near 1 month after order. This sounds like maybe something that could happen in the USA for a custom order.

The forums are a good way to keep up to date on things about your car/help pass the time.....just dont expect much from your dealer or ford until later this year :shrug:

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Sorry about the unfavorable info, No one in Aus has had their VIN number anywhere near 1 month after order. This sounds like maybe something that could happen in the USA for a custom order.

The forums are a good way to keep up to date on things about your car/help pass the time.....just dont expect much from your dealer or ford until later this year :shrug:
Yea kind of dissapointed with the dealer, considering that i bought mine based on seeing the us version and then being told that lots of things that i can see we will not get. I was expecting to get a pone call and invitation to come and have a look at our spec one when they started ariving at dealers.
:shrug::frusty::mad:
Sponsored