Sponsored

Thoughts on order/build/delivery process?

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
You could be talking about a 9 month turnaround, where others are getting 12+ months (and media reports of 2 years now!). Not sure how you managed it, but it's good for you :)

*sigh* who are these dealers that are doing something different/wrong to get some customers their Mustangs months earlier than others?
Yeah, I'm one of those nearly two years waiting orders (March 2014) sitting on the dock at Baltimore in the freezing snow thinking I am never going to get home . . .
Ford does not seem to have any plausible order process at all. They have not made this a successful customer relations process at all.
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Yeah, I'm one of those nearly two years waiting orders (March 2014) sitting on the dock at Baltimore in the freezing snow thinking I am never going to get home . . .
Ford does not seem to have any plausible order process at all. They have not made this a successful customer relations process at all.
Agree 100% ford failed badly

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
sitting on the dock at Baltimore in the freezing snow thinking I am never going to get home . . .
tantash wounder how our rag tops are doing with 2 foot of snow on them, then again I dont want to think about it:frusty:

Spina

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
My Ford Dealer here at Tweeds Heads gave me an order number (about a month after the initial order and deposit was placed). Is this 'order number' the actual NSC number that everyone has been mentioning on here?

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
tantash wounder how our rag tops are doing with 2 foot of snow on them, then again I dont want to think about it:frusty:
Saw a story about the Blizzard on the news tonight, not good :tsk:

My Ford Dealer here at Tweeds Heads gave me an order number (about a month after the initial order and deposit was placed). Is this 'order number' the actual NSC number that everyone has been mentioning on here?

No your order number will just be on your contract.

NSC is a 4 letter code, and you probably wont get that straight away, (mine took months...like 7 or 8 months) maybe its available earlier, and I was just dealing with clueless salespeople, but that's how long it took for my NSC.

Again, VIN is the earliest, really useful information you will receive, and most are assigned a VIN# around a month before build date.

Sponsored

Spina

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
No your order number will just be on your contract.

NSC is a 4 letter code, and you probably wont get that straight away, (mine took months...like 7 or 8 months) maybe its available earlier, and I was just dealing with clueless salespeople, but that's how long it took for my NSC.

Again, VIN is the earliest, really useful information you will receive, and most are assigned a VIN# around a month before build date.
Thanks for the response. Actually the dealer gave me a mixed alpha/numeric code which is 4 characters. So maybe that's it.....

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Thanks for the response. Actually the dealer gave me a mixed alpha/numeric code which is 4 characters. So maybe that's it.....
Yeah I got one today also, 3 letters and a number.
Sponsored