Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Tried to remove the belly pan today and felt like I just picked up a Rubik's cube for the first time. Damn there's a plethora of fasteners and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get the 6 vertical screws that attaches the belly pan to the splitter removed...or removing the splitter itself.

Then I discover my splitter isn't installed correctly...arrrgh! It has the small gap and while my CDO (it's OCD but the letters are in the correct order) may require repair, I can't believe there's a 26 page thread over this small-ish gap. With all the other hardware in place, I can't see it flying off at a buck-fifty or sacrificing any structural integrity that will compromise the whole affair. Would be a whole lot nicer if that damned belly pan just slid into some tabs forward and on top of the trailing edge of the bottom of the splitter vice having 354 T-30's that get scraped down to a T-25 in the way of a simple pan removal...rant over....

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
...With all the other hardware in place, I can't see it flying off at a buck-fifty or sacrificing any structural integrity that will compromise the whole affair...
Apparently a lot of people thought that until theirs detached at around 100MPH.

I had mine off to change coolant this spring and once I figured out how to unhook the row of clips across the front of the splitter, it was easy. Tedious, yes, and a bit awkward at times, but otherwise not difficult. Got 2 pounds of OPR out of there too.
Sponsored