Chasing the Procharger flatline

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Ah, dang it come on!! Lol. Gt350, stick with stock, gt350, stick with stock, gt350, stick with stock???

Gt350, stick with stock, gt350, stick with stock, gt350, stick with stock, CJ :)
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
My p1 never flat lined either .. We shut down at 7600 and it was still going up ..I shift it at 7300 because of the stock OPG .. It all has to be in the tune because I run a stock intake and installed the procharger just like it should be ..
lund tuned D1sc at 15psi and it flatlined at 6800rpm like it was hitting a celing.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Just thought I would add my .02...

Some tuners have found that routing the IMRC vent line to the inlet area of a turbo or supercharged application resulted in the IMRC staying CLOSED during WOT. There was enough venturi/vacuum pulling on the IMRC line that it forced them shut. The result was EXTREMELY poor power numbers. The easy fix was vent to atmosphere. There was a twin turbo guy who couldn't crack mid 600whp mark, figured it out and one pull later was in the 800 range.

Sponsored

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
That manifold looks great on there. Makes me glad we kept the indent in the middle for strut brace clearance. Nice job!

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
That manifold looks great on there. Makes me glad we kept the indent in the middle for strut brace clearance. Nice job!
Yeah, I'm also considering the Victor Jr, wish it was a little cheaper. The Holley Sniper is looking good for the price.

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Yeah, I'm also considering the Victor Jr, wish it was a little cheaper. The Holley Sniper is looking good for the price.
It ended up being an expensive casting to produce, not to mention the made in America aspect.

We did put plenty of nitrous bosses on it though :thumbsup:
Edelbrock-Victor-II-Coyote-Nitrous.jpg

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Would like to update the thread with my esperience. Auto stage 2 p1sc, 4.75 pulley, catted longtubes, stock res, magnaflow mufflers, Mak inlet, ID1000, JMS BAP and Lund tuned. Put her on the dyno and numbers were 577/464 (don't quote me on the torque). Power peaks at 6600 and drops about 25whp and just flatlines around 540s (can't tell for sure). Sent Lund the logs and the sheet and he said it's mechanical, tune has good timing and fuel. He needs to see boost, I said operator and I saw boost build up to almost 11psi at 7500 on my Roush mechanical. He said that doesn't work, he needs to see it based on RPM. So only choices guess is the boost box. I asked if I should do something proactive like put in my Gt350 manifold and/or do a resonator delete to minimize time hunting, and he said yes, do a compression test before anything else. :eyebulge::)https://www.flickr.com/photos/156902529@N08/shares/e8Q890

Last edited:

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would like to update the thread with my esperience. Auto stage 2 p1sc, 4.75 pulley, catted longtubes, stock res, magnaflow mufflers, Mak inlet, ID1000, JMS BAP and Lund tuned. Put her on the dyno and numbers were 577/464 (don't quote me on the torque). Power peaks at 6600 and drops about 25whp and just flatlines around 540s (can't tell for sure). Sent Lund the logs and the sheet and he said it's mechanical, tune has good timing and fuel. He needs to see boost, I said operator and I saw boost build up to almost 11psi at 7500 on my Roush mechanical. He said that doesn't work, he needs to see it based on RPM. So only choices guess is the boost box. I asked if I should do something proactive like put in my Gt350 manifold and/or do a resonator delete to minimize time hunting, and he said yes, do a compression test before anything else. :eyebulge::)
Well I was Lund tuned with Procharger and they couldn't tune my car. Finally started throwing misfire codes so I showed logs to another tuner. I saw all kinds of knock. Told me to check compression and I have cylinders 7 and 8 under 100psi. Got another tuner and he tuned my car first try, but now I have 2 hurt cylinders.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Well I was Lund tuned with Procharger and they couldn't tune my car. Finally started throwing misfire codes so I showed logs to another tuner. I saw all kinds of knock. Told me to check compression and I have cylinders 7 and 8 under 100psi. Got another tuner and he tuned my car first try, but now I have 2 hurt cylinders.
Who over there was tuning it?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Sorry to hear that man. Terrible

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Who at lund did your tune?

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who at lund did your tune?
Dasan was the tuner. I'm not saying your problem is the same thing, just saying what happened to my car. The tunes always had tons of knock and Lund never told me. I had to tell them and then they said it was false. The car was dead even with a 2016 2SS auto with Lund. With the new tune I blow the doors off even with two bad cylinders.

In my opinion these bigger companies start using the same base for every car and then just tweak a little. But every car is different.

I have a friend with a 920whp Hellion car. He went with AED and had similar problem as me. Tune had lots of knock and AED couldn't tune it. He switched to Palm Beach Dyno and no more knock and 920whp. See even known good tuners sometimes can't get it. It's not an exact science.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
We've all got our tuning stories. The truth is none of them are perfect. One tuner might get your car perfectly but can't figure out how to tune mine even though they have the same setup.

Currently dealing with this now. One big name tuner did a good job with my tune, but it didn't feel "custom" as it was basically a base map. So I switched to a different, "smaller" tuner and driveability is shot, even though this same tuner has tuned hundreds of cars with my setup. I can switch back to the original tuner's tune and the car drives perfect so it obviously isn't mechanical, either. The grass isn't always greener lol.
Sponsored