0   0   0
  2. Kleiss1

Kleiss1 Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
    0   0   0
    Who the Hell cares. If I want to change evey 1or 2 thousand miles it’s my money and piece of mind even if it doesn’t make sense to the “experts”.

iBookmaster likes this.
  3. sfs550

sfs550 Member

First Name:
    doug
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 mustang gt
    0   0   0
    There you go..as stated..Done...

4. CrashOverride

CrashOverride Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Eh, do it when you want. One camp says there is special break in oil. I highly doubt it, but if it does, then there would be a lot of people with oil consumption problems (Stemming from changing oil early). On the other hand, GM had one heck of a time with their HFV6 when people changed it according to the oil life monitor - there was an unbelievable amount of sludge that built up. So bad, that there was a TSB that "Fixed" the sludge problem, by simply reprogramming the OLM to have people do more frequent changes.

Another way to look at it: Too soon - you're wasting money. Too Late - you're causing damage to your bearings (In the extreme).

I routinely put over 100k on my cars and usually change the oil every 6 months or 5,000 miles. (6 months because oils lose ph from not burning condensation off frequently enough).

5. cbdallas

cbdallas Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ecoboost coupe
    0   0   0
    500, then 5,000 thereafter. Never had a problem. I start to get night sweats at 5,000. I can't imagine going to 7,500 or paying any attention to the maintenance minder.

iBookmaster likes this.
  6. Genxer

Genxer Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Yep, just turned over 315k miles. An Accord for my daily, which I bought new. I've got another Honda that just turned over 200k. Drove a couple other Hondas for 190k too. None of them ever saw an oil change past 7500 miles.

My brother was a Honda tech for a lot of years... he once saw a 6th gen Accord come in with 30k miles which had never gotten an oil change. The sludge was incredible, and the engine was toast.

iBookmaster likes this.