brado_w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2017 GTI
Hello all,

I bought my DHG Bullitt, with all options, for about 46k brand new in 2020 at the height of the lockdowns. I now have the opportunity to build and purchase a C8 at MSRP later this year. I love my Bullitt but a C8 is a completely different beast. Am I crazy for making the jump? I will be losing the 6mt and the most gorgeous paint ive ever seen, but be gaining a mid engine sports car with insane performance and markedly nicer materials
Sponsored

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
Iā€™ve seen people on here make the reverse jump. It just depends on what is more important to you. From an investment standpoint Iā€™d say go for it if you can get it at msrp. But if you truly are happy with the Bullitt I would stick to that

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I bought a '21 gt at sticker, off a lot new a year ago because new c8 was 10grand over list and 8month wait time. If the the c8 was msrp probably could have stomached the wait.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Have you had a chance to drive a C8? The reason I ask is itā€™s a tight fit for me and Iā€™m 6ā€™1ā€ 210lbs, so comfort was lacking for me (and no, I donā€™t expect to be luxury sedan comfortable but I felt almost claustrophobic). Itā€™s a definite upgrade in terms of performance as the C8 mops the floor with just about every Mustang model available. I prefer the sound of the Mustang over the C8. C8 has a more exotic tone, which sounds good, but it gets really high pitched in the higher RPMs. My brother in law has one with the performance exhaust option and itā€™s actually kinda quiet, more than I would have expected. Corvettes hold their value pretty well long term, depending on mileage and options of course.

So I guess it depends on what youā€™re looking for. For pure performance, the C8 is the route to go. For good performance, sound and comfort, Iā€™d keep the Bullitt. And Iā€™m with you on the Bullitt color, itā€™s a tough one to beat!

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Am I crazy for making the jump?
"You'd be crazy not to!"

That's my knee-jerk reaction. On one hand you have an overweight GT car that does everything decently well and on the other hand you have an exceptional sports car that does its one job very well.

If you want a true sports car, no doubt get the C8. If you want storage space, seating, and arguably better comfort and ergonomics, keep the Mustang.

Sometimes I need to remind myself that not everyone wants a track weapon.....but for the love of God, please go for the track weapon! šŸ»

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I would stick to the Bullitt, it is a proper GT car, that's what I need.
The C7 could be a possible substitute, but not the C8.
If you don't need much space for traveling, good for you.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
There's a different answer for every person. I don't own but have driven both the C8 Z-51 (on street and track) as well as the C8 Z-06 on the street. It's really about what you want and what you need.
Don't take this wrong but for some people there is am image factor and for the C8 it's stronger than the Mustang. If it's really about all-out performance (levels way too high for most enthusiastic street use) then it's easy, C8. Is it a weekend only car, just for fun, then it depends what you want, more involvement, i.e. Manual Mustang, or higher performance, C8. They really are two totally different cars.
To me personally, the C8 is not really that stimulating or interesting in regular to and from street use. On-track I wish the V-8 had more of a peak to max HP. The auto trans takes away from some of the driving engagement and yes, I know you can manually paddle shift but that's not really that big a deal.
No one here knows what's best for you, that's obviously your decision, but you might need to think a bit more about what your priorities are and where you achieve your driving enjoyment.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
I don't think you're crazy at all. What I would be mindful of is, what makes you love your Bullitt? Is it the rare nature of it? You did mention the color specifically, which you obviously can't get on any other Mustang. If you were talking about any old Mustang, that'd be one thing. But, from what I've observed, most Bullitt owners specifically wanted the Bullitt and not just any old Mustang. How important is that to you? Because, although the C8 is a better performance car, if it's a base Corvette, it won't be as special (to the masses of course; in the end it only matters if it's special to you). Does that matter to you at all? Either way, it doesn't change that I don't think you're crazy. But rather, I'm just raising questions to help you be sure you have considered everything before making a decision. If years down the road you were in a position to have a Mustang and a C8, it'll be much easier to find a base C8 than it will be a Bullitt most likely.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
On one hand the c8 is cool cause it looks like an exotic but on the other, maybe a poser car. Actually ever since the c8 the c7 has really grown on me.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
drove friends c8 once around the rural country side. in that setting I was not impressed. tight inside and I m not big. Sounds was not as good as the mustang and no Manual. Not as engaging and lack of that muscle car feel. I have owned a few corvettes in the way past so I m not against them. The one I drove was black and it felt like the Bat mobile to me. Then if you say I got to add another $20K, I m out. and I love the bullitt !

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Easy answer. If you want the manual keep the Bullitt. Otherwise, if you value all-out performance and exotic looks (compared to the Mustang) then go with the C8.

SSSICK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV, 10 Corolla LE
Iā€™ve never driven a C8 but love my C7 Z06. Iā€™ve read great things about the new C8 Z06 but have to admit Iā€™m still not sold, especially because of what dealers are asking/buyers are paying for them. I paid 75k for my ā€˜19 Z06 brand new back in 2018 which seems stupid cheap compared to current prices. Itā€™s also got the 7 speed manual which is another major reason I refuse to let it go. Most cars I sell/trade after 2-3 years but Iā€™m going on 5 with my vette and will probably keep it forever - I love it that much. Iā€™d say go for it if you can as life with a Corvette is grand šŸ‘

IMG_5477.jpeg

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Went with a friend of mine whoā€™s waiting on the ZR1 version to come out. He wanted to see how he fit in it. Iā€™m 5ā€™9ā€ and I ran the seat all the way back and I was able to still reach the pedals. Itā€™s a really tight fit and I donā€™t know how anyone whoā€™s 6ā€™ and over 200lbs will fit really comfortably in it. So if youā€™re tall Iā€™d advice in going and siting in one and seeing how it fits.
Sponsored