Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Saw a commercial advertising leasing on the Hellcats for $707 per month.

Also for 17 there is a Challenger GT with AWD, not clear what engines are available with the AWD option
That Hellcat lease requires a lot of cash due on delivery ($7,707 if I remember correctly).

Challenger GT AWD only comes with the 3.6L V6, unfortunately. A 6.4L AWD would be awesome in the Challenger!
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Only for V6 or 5.7L models. The 392 models has up to $2500 factory rebate.

Like I said earlier the dealer I have bought from previously has scat pack challengers for $33,740 in auto or 6 speed.

What FCA needs to do is put be 5.7L to bed. 370 HP was alot 12 years ago but with the 8 speed auto you don't get a fuel savings advantage and the motor is old anyway.
Maybe the 5.7 is good for boosting?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Only for V6 or 5.7L models. The 392 models has up to $2500 factory rebate.

Like I said earlier the dealer I have bought from previously has scat pack challengers for $33,740 in auto or 6 speed.

What FCA needs to do is put be 5.7L to bed. 370 HP was alot 12 years ago but with the 8 speed auto you don't get a fuel savings advantage and the motor is old anyway.
there is an update coming for the 5.7 probably once the 2018/19 Ram launch.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
there is an update coming for the 5.7 probably once the 2018/19 Ram launch.
The 5.7 needs everything. IMO just throw it in the circular bin. What a POS motor. I'd much rather have a Mustang with the V6 than a Challenger with the 5.7.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The 5.7 needs everything. IMO just throw it in the circular bin. What a POS motor. I'd much rather have a Mustang with the V6 than a Challenger with the 5.7.
The 5.7L is only a cam swap away from respectable power..../devilsadvocate

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Challenger T/A 392 starts at $44k... Hellcat hood and suspnsion parts, 485hp. This could be a lot of fun.
I'm really debating on getting one when they start the deep discounts like on the scat packs. Between that and a used GT500, 2011/12.

I don't want two mustangs, but my old 500 was lots of fun.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I own both.
In reality they're two completely different cars, kind to of like comparing an older Mustang to a Torino.

The Scat Pack can be had for under $40k, which is GT PP territory.
The interiors each have pros and cons;
You can fit 5 full sized people in the Challenger, it's really tight for even kids in the Mustang.
The seats in the Mustang are more supportive.
The steering wheel controls on the Challenger are better.
The Mustang doesn't have a digital speedo. Really people, this is 2017!
The Challenger doesn't have a wide band afr.
The Scat Pack does have Launch Control.
My biggest interior gripe with the Challenger is no auto up windows.

Exterior wise they're both great looking cars imo.
The Mustang is definitely more athletic, whereas the Challenger is more musclecar, more in the vein of the older Chargers instead of a true ponycar.

Powerwise the 6.4 motor has torque everywhere, while the Coyote loves to be revved.
On the auto trans side of things the A8 blows away the A6 in the Mustang.
On the manual side the 6060 seems to shift slightly better than the MT82, but the Mustangs clutch feel is better, especially when you remove the helper spring.

If you're planning on more in depth mods than CAI/exhaust/tune then the Mustang wins hands down.
It's much easier and less expensive to mod, and it's easier to tune.
I'm fortunate enough to be able to have both.
I've been thinking about a used SRT8, Scat pack, or T/A in the future to go along with my 350. But, I would also like a used 2011 GT500. Why did you pick up a Challenger over another mustang that can be gotten at same price and more power? I do love how the challenger looks.

:cheers:

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Man do the car dealerships in Reno, NV suck. I did a Cars.com search for Challengers (after reading here about the discounts) and the base R/T's with the 5.7 are like $44K. The Scat Pack cars are in the mid $50's and Hellcats are upper $70's to $90's. Prices really come down if you check Northern CA dealers.

I had to drive to CA to get a decent price on my GT. Local dealers wanted $2K ADM over MSRP and wouldn't budge, I ended up getting mine for just under $300 over invoice in CA. Glad I'm not in the market for a Challenger, cause I'd be going back to CA to buy it.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Man do the car dealerships in Reno, NV suck. I did a Cars.com search for Challengers (after reading here about the discounts) and the base R/T's with the 5.7 are like $44K. The Scat Pack cars are in the mid $50's and Hellcats are upper $70's to $90's. Prices really come down if you check Northern CA dealers.

I had to drive to CA to get a decent price on my GT. Local dealers wanted $2K ADM over MSRP and wouldn't budge, I ended up getting mine for just under $300 over invoice in CA. Glad I'm not in the market for a Challenger, cause I'd be going back to CA to buy it.
Holy crap.... There are a few dealers I've seen with new scat packs for under $40

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
My neighbor has a Challenger RT completely murdered out, the thing just looks so huge and hot sitting in the Florida sun but to each his own I guess.

Here's a pic of it:
I think technically to be murdered out the wheels have to be black, and some would argue that wheels, badges, and even lights have to be black.

Just sayin...

I do refer to my Black GT/PP with 20% tint as murdered though. :)

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
How can you call an engine that makes 370-390HP and propels a 4000+ car into the mid 13's a POS? It is also easy to mod them into the 450HP range and they are the basis of a lot of 1000+ HP builds.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
How can you call an engine that makes 370-390HP and propels a 4000+ car into the mid 13's a POS? It is also easy to mod them into the 450HP range and they are the basis of a lot of 1000+ HP builds.
Haters are gonna hate ...... ;)

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
I went from a 2013 Charger R/T plus to my 2015 GT PP because I got bored with the auto in the Charger. I was very impressed with the 5.7 hemi but it does not respond to mods like the coyote. I had an airaid intake, trinity diablo programmer and full cat back exhaust and I noticed no increase in power from those bolt ons. With that being said the SRT-8 is a much better package but I have beaten a few of those with my GT so they are really not that fast considering how much more they cost over an R/T or a GT mustang. I think if you are a performance minded guy the mustang is a better platform but if you just want the retro style and the v8 sound the challenger or charger is not a bad move.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
I usually avoid first year of a new model, but not really concerned when it is just a platform upgrade S197->S550. If I were buying a Stang now I would wait on the 18 if you want performance. Supposed to be magnaride and PP2 in the GT, if you are going to go manual, but if you are want the 15 I would not let the platform upgrade influence you.
Sponsored