From Challenger ScatPack, to Golf R to 2016 Mustang GT

OP
OP

2016_Dark_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Shadow Black
:amen: I love both my ScatPac and my GT. They each excel in their own right.
I've had the same combo in my garage...just not at the same time, LOL. It's pretty awesome we have these awesome machines in our market right now. The golden era for sure. Now you just need to add a murdered out GT-R to your collection and you'll be set :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Plus the Scat Packs sound the best and have the nicest interiors.
Oh god yes on the exhaust. The SP cars have one of the best sounding factory exhausts out there. The interior in the new Dodges are outstanding. I drove both an RT Charger w/Super Track Pack and a RT Plus Chally today....both 8 spd autos. The Chally was nice, but that dash is frigging huge..lol. The Charger seemed to be a much better fit, great visibility, and was pretty well optioned. Flip the STP page up, sport settings, and that 8 spd would pop off shifts with quickness. Both cars are surprisingly quick for their weight and having the 5.7, just too quiet exhaust wise..lol. One thing that shocked me was how much more road noise the Mustang has vs either Dodges. They are almost bank vault quiet...kudos to Dodge on the NVH abatement. If the banks will do it, I'll order a SP Charger in B5 Blue in a few weeks. I need to find one to drive prior to, just to make me nuttier..lol.

I really like this thread and I will tell you why. A lot of car forums are just filled with fan boys/ brand loyalists that do nothing but praise what they are driving and put everything else down. This thread proves that this forum at least has a good number of true car guys on it. Man, I love performance cars period! If I like the car, I doesn't matter to me what manufacturer makes the thing. The only bad thing about liking all kinds of cars is the itch one gets to trade often. Like I said above, I should not have driven those scats. I still love the mustang but I loved that challenger too. What is a guy to do? :shrug:
Exactly...lots of car guys/gals on here that aren't blindly brand loyal. I'm all about performance cars, not matter what brand they carry on the fender. I love the Mustang, but have owned a few Buicks as well. I'm not brand loyal...if it's fast, it's all good..lol. If you can swing it, I would seriously think about trading to the SP. I couldn't believe how nice the cars drove today....quiet, very quick for the size, bells n whistles all over..and the uConnect system...enough said..lol. If it doesn't happen in a few weeks, I will be ordering a SP Charger come tax time...not even going to think about it. I just turned 46, so this will be my midlife crisis car...:lol:

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
Oh god yes on the exhaust. The SP cars have one of the best sounding factory exhausts out there. The interior in the new Dodges are outstanding. I drove both an RT Charger w/Super Track Pack and a RT Plus Chally today....both 8 spd autos. The Chally was nice, but that dash is frigging huge..lol. The Charger seemed to be a much better fit, great visibility, and was pretty well optioned. Flip the STP page up, sport settings, and that 8 spd would pop off shifts with quickness. Both cars are surprisingly quick for their weight and having the 5.7, just too quiet exhaust wise..lol. One thing that shocked me was how much more road noise the Mustang has vs either Dodges. They are almost bank vault quiet...kudos to Dodge on the NVH abatement. If the banks will do it, I'll order a SP Charger in B5 Blue in a few weeks. I need to find one to drive prior to, just to make me nuttier..lol.

Exactly...lots of car guys/gals on here that aren't blindly brand loyal. I'm all about performance cars, not matter what brand they carry on the fender. I love the Mustang, but have owned a few Buicks as well. I'm not brand loyal...if it's fast, it's all good..lol. If you can swing it, I would seriously think about trading to the SP. I couldn't believe how nice the cars drove today....quiet, very quick for the size, bells n whistles all over..and the uConnect system...enough said..lol. If it doesn't happen in a few weeks, I will be ordering a SP Charger come tax time...not even going to think about it. I just turned 46, so this will be my midlife crisis car...:lol:
Yeah, its that swinging it part that will likely prevent me from trading for a SP. They are surely nice and fast but Dodge has a major love thing going on for that SRT powertrain. They are pricey. And, where I live anyway, you don't see those SP cars discounted anything over like 1K. But, its all good. I still love my mustang. I can be happy keeping it.

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
So how do would you compare the R and the Mustang as a daily driver? I commute about 350 miles a week thru hills, twisties, highways, etc and in the future, am leaning towards the R (or GTI) and a Mustang.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So how do would you compare the R and the Mustang as a daily driver? I commute about 350 miles a week thru hills, twisties, highways, etc and in the future, am leaning towards the R (or GTI) and a Mustang.
Might want to take a gander at the Audi S3. If you have that many twisties, that S3 is good at them..it's a pretty sweet set up (refresh hits in a few weeks also)

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I've gotten the mod bug out of my system, so I won't be going to the track as much as I used to. That's why I started looking at the Scat Pack cars....big, comfortable cruisers that haul ass. If I get the urge to make a few passes, they will quite willingly do that, then cruise home in comfort. I'm debating on taking the beating on my Mustang and trading once the Lightning sells, or wait until tax time next year and order what I want. If I had known about the Scat Pack prior to buying my Mustang, would have gone that route in a heartbeat. I did look at Challenger RT's prior to the Mustang, but they were 14's, so none of the nice upgrades the 15/16 cars have.
I almost bought a 2013 Challenger R/T right before I ended up buying my Mustang. The main reason I didn't was that I couldn't get the color I wanted locally and wasn't willing to have one shipped or wait to have one built so I got my second choice which was the Mustang.

The Scat Packs were not yet out at the time or I probably would have went that route.

I like my Mustang but I'm always looking at the Challengers and stop at the Dodge dealer quite a bit to check on what they have. I've test drove a few and they have plenty of power for me so one day I will bite the bullet.

Wayne

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Yeah, its that swinging it part that will likely prevent me from trading for a SP. They are surely nice and fast but Dodge has a major love thing going on for that SRT powertrain. They are pricey. And, where I live anyway, you don't see those SP cars discounted anything over like 1K. But, its all good. I still love my mustang. I can be happy keeping it.
If I don't bite the bullet and do it after my Lightning sells, then I'll probably go for it after tax return next year. By then I will have some bills paid down, and it won't hurt as much..lol. I know what you mean though...SRT adds $$ to the price of admission. Guess that's another reason to love the SP cars...SRT performance without the silly SRT price of admission.

I almost bought a 2013 Challenger R/T right before I ended up buying my Mustang. The main reason I didn't was that I couldn't get the color I wanted locally and wasn't willing to have one shipped or wait to have one built so I got my second choice which was the Mustang.

The Scat Packs were not yet out at the time or I probably would have went that route.

I like my Mustang but I'm always looking at the Challengers and stop at the Dodge dealer quite a bit to check on what they have. I've test drove a few and they have plenty of power for me so one day I will bite the bullet.

Wayne
If I had known about the SP, no doubt in my mind I would have gone that route in a heartbeat. I drove the '14 Challenger RT, and it was nice, but the trans left something to be desired. I bought my Eco in Feb of last year, so the S550 had only been out for a few months and was still unique. I'm all the time looking at Challengers/Chargers, and occasionally catch a Hellcat Chally out riding around. Don't see many SP Challys, and never seen a SP Charger around here. Don't recall ever seeing a HC Charger in the wild either. Only one I know of is sitting in a showroom....Plum Crazy Purple with bronze wheels. Car is sick looking...I need to hit on a scratch off or the lotto...LOL.
Sponsored