Sponsored

From Challenger ScatPack, to Golf R to 2016 Mustang GT

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
I've been debating on going to a SP Chally from my mod'd Eco for a few months now. I would love to have a GT, but getting to the point I want a little more of a Blvd cruiser/muscle car than a sports car. That ZF 8 spd auto + 485 hp seems to be the perfect combo. The car would also need zero mods to be a great cruiser that can lay the smack down when needed..lol. Plus, it's $9 more a month to insure than my Eco....makes zero sense to me..lol.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've been debating on going to a SP Chally from my mod'd Eco for a few months now. I would love to have a GT, but getting to the point I want a little more of a Blvd cruiser/muscle car than a sports car. That ZF 8 spd auto + 485 hp seems to be the perfect combo. The car would also need zero mods to be a great cruiser that can lay the smack down when needed..lol. ...
6.4L Challenger with ZF 8 speed wont' be cheap. What's better, GT /w supercharger, or 6.4L Challenger ?

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
6.4L Challenger with ZF 8 speed wont' be cheap. What's better, GT /w supercharger, or 6.4L Challenger ?
My 2016 ScatPac was $40,785 otd all inclusive. It's the 8 speed, no sunroof, cloth interior. My 2015 Mustang convertible was over $46,000 otd. I like them both, but I seem to gravitate more to the ScatPac.

I really like the cloth interior in the ScatPac but the seats aren't quite as comfortable as the Mustangs seats.

A buddy put a VMP on his GT and ran a 10.89. Stock ScatPac's routinely break into the 11's with nothing but a set of drag radials.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wanted a Manual. I would have been a sucker for that 6.4L if I could have got one under 40, OTD. But everything sitting on dealer lots was optioned up, and priced around $45-50 and I would have had to negotiate them down to around $37 to get the price I wanted and I didn't bother. Actually the one option I was willing to pay for was the blind spot detection, but oddly none of the dealer builds had that. Challenger has a significant blind spot.

Sponsored

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Oh, the thought of a GT auto with a supercharger has crossed my mind quite a bit as well. 600+ hp on pump gas is might enticing, but I'm kind of burnt out on mods to a daily driver. The Chally would fill the need for speed w/o having to touch it. Yeah, I know we've all said that before :lol:. Knock on wood, my Lightning will be gone this weekend, so I'll have a few spare $$ to play with. Local dealer has a white '15 SP with auto trans, 500 miles on the odo...$38k. I still find it very strange that a 485 hp Challenger is only $9 more a month than a 310 hp Mustang. For that matter, a Hellcat is cheaper to insure than my Eco...:confused:. I guess USAA has some weird formulas for setting rates on cars..lol.

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
They really are totally different cars. You have to go drive one...... I can tell you this.... after my test drive of a 2016 Charger Scatpack, i got out of the car laughing in excitement. They haul ass, and they sound so awesome. Needless to say, it was slightly out of the price range i wanted to spend. 41k for a base model automatic vs getting my GT PP base model for 32k + ttl. The 8 speed auto is awesome too. All in all the mustang felt more like "me" and at the price I could afford. Adding an H pipe catback to my mustang has put my mind more at ease now. Feels more muscular like the scatpack did now.

OP
OP

2016_Dark_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Shadow Black
If you're looking for some more growl at a lower cost, look at the Roush axle back. Love mine and so does the wife. Funny, she tells me to pass people just so she can listen to it.
I had another member recommend that and the GT500 axle back. Can't wait to open it up more :D

OP
OP

2016_Dark_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Shadow Black
I don't like reading this thread because I nearly went from my tuned 2016 WRX to a 2016 R and I didn't essentially because of car vanity, I think? I told myself the hothatch look isn't all that bad ass, unmodified its a great car but not going to blow me away so have to modify day1 (same as WRX) and DSG is 6-7k to replace and it starts slipping at 370+ hp. Without ever testing one I also decide to tell myself it's quick 0-60 simply because it changes gear quick.
Deep down all along I knew a tuned R would be quick erm because it's f'ing quick, it was probably mainly the look that wasn't a fit for my early midlife toy.
This thread reminds me of information I kinda knew but threw away because I guess I wanted a Mustang GT? Not entirely sure why to be honest, but it's done now and I love my decision I think :) ... Although i wish it was a gt350 with an autobox coz traffic :)
A tuned MK7R with DSG is a ridiculous sleeper. I"ve had a tuned WRX, stage 3 Evo X and my R would have walked all over them. It's one of those rides that only enthusiasts gawk at and stop to chat. The DSG is extremely robust. Burger Tuning launched theirs over 500 times, combined with repeated tracking during JB1 development and never had any issues. With the JB1, just a flash now and no bolt-ons, you are looking at 3.9 0-60 times. If you are wondering why I sold it, I broke my back years ago doing MMA and the rigid chassis plus VWR springs (retained stock damper settings so I thought they would be ideal for a nice drop) were just too much for me with it being my DD. Bang for buck though, it's an incredibly fast straight line and in the twisties.

With that said, I absolutely love the 16 GT. It has some of the sleekest lines I've seen in a coupe in recent years. When I saw that black accent package on a Shadow Black GT I was sold :eyebulge: With the IRS and wondrous 5.0, this thing is a real competitor.

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
I traded a 13 challenger rt 5.7 in on my current mustang. I had never driven a 6.4 until about a week ago. I actually drove 2, one a 6 speed and the other an auto scat pack. I kinda wish I had not driven them now because even though I have loved this mustang, those scat packs were awesome, period! Stock vs stock, both the manual and the auto are faster and sound amazing too. And, talk about TORQUE!!!! I have to admit, I been ummm thinking about it, if you know what I mean. :doh:

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
im kinda bummed my buddy had to sell is, i never got a chanve to run him, stock for stock he would have eaten me up im sure but id like to see what the FF tune would have done. i went thru some old pics..that car was huge!

fl2000gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
I'm looking at picking up a new car and I am trying to pick between the Scat Pack Challenger, Mustang GT, and Camaro SS. I grew up with Mustangs driving an LX 5.0 and 2000 GT for a total of 18 years. I then moved on to a 2007 SRT Charger and finally a 2010 GTI. My Charger was the fastest and most comfortable of all the cars but not the most fun to drive. The GTI was fun and really convenient for city driving with DSG but not fast at all. At this point I want an automatic and it seems that the Dodge and Chevy have better automatics. The Mustang is definitely the best deal price-wise.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I would love to have a Scat Pack Challenger. If I could afford it, I would trade my Mustang in on one. I think they are the best looking out of the three and have the most room. I don't care that they are heavier as I don't race. Some day I will have one.

Wayne

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
It was 57 degrees and clear this evening when I did this run. I did a second gear start and still had too much wheel spin. Drag radials and 10 degrees warmer should get close to breaking into the high 11's.

I'm tempted to sell a couple of my motorcycles to pick up a new Camaro SS just to be able to represent the big three.
image.jpg

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Not too familiar with the Performance pages yet in the ScatPac. Not sure about the 1/8 mile anomalies in the last display, when I saved it, it was the best result and the 1/8th mile result was more in line with what it should've been.
image.jpg
Sponsored