Sponsored

From Challenger ScatPack, to Golf R to 2016 Mustang GT

2016_Dark_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Shadow Black
Greetings! This will be my second Ford (first was a 1998 Mustang V6). I've had many cars from heavily modded imports to muscle. I'd still have the ScatPack had I not had some serious firmware issues. The 16 Golf R with a JB1 tune and DSG was an absolute rocket from a dig. I surprisingly ate up a 2014 GT500 multiple times, he just couldn't hook up (It's surprisingly easy to find on YouTube :) )

I eventually made my way to the latest GT due to its overall improvements in performance, looks, build quality and that amazing Coyote. I skipped out on the PP because this is my daily driver and I have a fused back that needs somewhat tolerable suspension (The R just flat out beat me up). The GT is quite floaty when pushed at times compared to the Golf R or Evo X that had close to zero body roll at its limit, but it's just about perfect for my needs and is after all a Grand Touring coupe :D

It honestly feels a bit stronger than the ScatPack (which surprised me, even given the weight difference). The JB1 tuned R would still eat its lunch from a stop, but it would be mighty close from a roll. My only minor complaint is the exhaust which is very tame compared to the butterfly valve equipped ScatPack (the only car I have owned where I wouldn't touch the exhaust).

I know there are a plethora of exhaust systems and I'll take my time in choosing a catback, but is there a axleback, resonator delete, h/x pipe that might give me some more growl while on a modest budget for the moment that comes highly recommended?

Looking forward to digging through the forums and learning all I can about this platform :thumbsup:

Sponsored

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
You really think the mustang feels faster eh? I test drove a scatpack charger and mustang gt back to back. Felt the charger was faster. Of course it was way smoother cause it was an auto and the mustang was a stick....... but just felt like i covered distance faster in the scatpack. Anyways, congrats!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd be up for hearing about the firmware issues....

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
That blacked out is nice... if you change up that rear deck lid and want to sell the blacked out rear deck valance with the black badge, I will buy it from you :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

2016_Dark_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You really think the mustang feels faster eh? I test drove a scatpack charger and mustang gt back to back. Felt the charger was faster. Of course it was way smoother cause it was an auto and the mustang was a stick....... but just felt like i covered distance faster in the scatpack. Anyways, congrats!
I had a 6 speed Challenger so that might be why. They have 50 HP over us, but they also weigh in between 4200-4500 lbs. The power to weight ratio should be fairly close. I haven't had time to really dig yet, are we putting down more power than what is quoted at the crank?

The 6.4L and especially 8-speed ZF is no joke, I definitely wouldn't sleep on one!

OP
OP

2016_Dark_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
me too cause i almost bought one... was just out of my price range.
My entire gauge cluster would black out. At night this was particularly not cool. They first tried a new cluster, but got the SRT version...didn't fit, didn't want it anyway. They then got the right gauge cluster in and tried uploading the correct firmware back on which lead to over a month of my car basically going back and forth to the dealer. Part of the Scat Pack Appearance Package was the Bee burning out when you started the car and taking off left to right. It was only available to those who got this package. Over this time it cost me lots of time off of work, they chipped my car (which their body shop had to repair) and never did get the firmware issue corrected. We nearly went to Lemon Law but that would have dragged out an additional 2 months more than likely. I cut my losses, got a great trade-in value and put it behind me.

OP
OP

2016_Dark_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That blacked out is nice... if you change up that rear deck lid and want to sell the blacked out rear deck valance with the black badge, I will buy it from you :)
Thanks man! I am all about this black on black on black. I love the murdered out look and I think it really shows the lines off and just looks incredibly menacing. I have got a lot of these since delivery :thumbsup:

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
I had a 6 speed Challenger so that might be why. They have 50 HP over us, but they also weigh in between 4200-4500 lbs. The power to weight ratio should be fairly close. I haven't had time to really dig yet, are we putting down more power than what is quoted at the crank?

The 6.4L and especially 8-speed ZF is no joke, I definitely wouldn't sleep on one!
Stock GT's typically dyno around 370-380 whp.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
going by the hurting my wife's ST put on a Chally Scat Pack last week, it seems clear to me that the Mustang is the faster of the two.

Sponsored

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
Greetings! This will be my second Ford (first was a 1998 Mustang V6). I've had many cars from heavily modded imports to muscle. I'd still have the ScatPack had I not had some serious firmware issues. The 16 Golf R with a JB1 tune and DSG was an absolute rocket from a dig. I surprisingly ate up a 2014 GT500 multiple times, he just couldn't hook up (It's surprisingly easy to find on YouTube :) )

I eventually made my way to the latest GT due to its overall improvements in performance, looks, build quality and that amazing Coyote. I skipped out on the PP because this is my daily driver and I have a fused back that needs somewhat tolerable suspension (The R just flat out beat me up). The GT is quite floaty when pushed at times compared to the Golf R or Evo X that had close to zero body roll at its limit, but it's just about perfect for my needs and is after all a Grand Touring coupe :D

It honestly feels a bit stronger than the ScatPack (which surprised me, even given the weight difference). The JB1 tuned R would still eat its lunch from a stop, but it would be mighty close from a roll. My only minor complaint is the exhaust which is very tame compared to the butterfly valve equipped ScatPack (the only car I have owned where I wouldn't touch the exhaust).

I know there are a plethora of exhaust systems and I'll take my time in choosing a catback, but is there a axleback, resonator delete, h/x pipe that might give me some more growl while on a modest budget for the moment that comes highly recommended?

Looking forward to digging through the forums and learning all I can about this platform :thumbsup:

Looks awesome!

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
I own both a ScatPac Challenger and S550 Mustang. ScatPac has the 8speed and the Stang has the auto with 3:55's out back. ScatPac is considerably faster stock. Mustang Handles better, but the ScatPac sounds infinitely better and ultimately is more fun to drive even though it doesn't corner as good as the Stang.

Sorry to hear the OP had the firmware issues. Oh, by the way. I too am into the murdered out all black look. I own three black cars. :)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO