Ceramic Coat..None Better!!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
So, CQuartz UK 3.0 then a coat of Reload... what’s not to like????
2E9C3B4C-06E6-49EC-80D7-FE545C6C23EE.jpeg
5C54AA49-4C5E-49EC-AAAE-21F949B65CD1.jpeg

familyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ruby Red
Looks amazing! How was the application process? The video on the CarPro website made it look pretty easy,

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
It is actually... paint correction is the key...(time consuming) I’ve done 4 cars now..average is 20+ hrs!! Out the door!! But watch the videos it is easy do not be afraid to try this!!

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I took possession of my car as it left Flat Rock Mi... nothing done!! Plastic and all stickers still on!! 3500+ miles by rail...can you imagine how many times the trains apply their brakes.... and that is metal on metal!! Car was covered I. Minuscule metallic brake dust.. so I use all Car Pro Products...CQuartzUK 3.0..
1 wash car with reset and a new MC mitt!
2.Clay bar with a spray detail er or soap and water.
3. Iron-X to remove metal particles.
3. Eraser to remove all residuals.
4. I use a Griots D 6” polisher and only... Schol‘S S20 Black polishing compound. Use a foam spider pad and
Start with some pressure....then same pad, same product...let the polisher do the work... I use it only on a 3
setting... polish with MF cloths using both sides
5. Eraser entire car once again!
6 Apply CQuartz UK to the provided suede clothes doing 3’ sq sections at a time...straight lines up and down t
then back and forth...allow section to haze (about 2-3 min....it will look like a rainbow..or gas on water? Buff
with clean MFcloth turning over to a clean side to finish the buff ....THEN THROW THAT MF Cloth in the
GARBAGE...!!! It is now covered in glass particles and will dry and scratch your finish!! Guaranteed (don’t
ask me how I know this..!! lol)
6. Proceed in sections the entire car.
7. I did do a second coat of CQuartz UK!!...sorry forgot to mention this step!
8. ALLOW 24 hrs to cure then apply a coat of Reload.... for the POW.....

I’ve done several cars now and in my garage, with beers and tunes... app 20hr in total start to finish...at leisure of course!! If the car is garage kept....this will last 4-5yrs!!!

IMPORTANT.......Google all processes for install videos and do not be afraid to do this...this is why the body shops charge so much....it does take time!!....just like me typing this post!!! lmao!!

good luck to all who try and post up your pics!!!
C63EE496-0B8B-4971-9FC7-135F6998A7F2.jpeg

Last edited:

BlackBoostedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT WhippleCharged
I took possession of my car as it left Flat Rock Mi... nothing done!! Plastic and all stickers still on!! 3500+ miles by rail...can you imagine how many times the trains apply their brakes.... and that is metal on metal!! Car was covered I. Minuscule metallic brake dust.. so I use all Car Pro Products...CQuartzUK 3.0..
1 wash car with reset and a new MC mitt!
2.Clay bar with a spray detail er or soap and water.
3. Iron-X to remove metal particles.
3. Eraser to remove all residuals.
4. I use a Griots D 6” polisher and only... Schol‘S S20 Black polishing compound. Use a foam spider pad and
Start with some pressure....then same pad, same product...let the polisher do the work... I use it only on a 3
setting... polish with MF cloths using both sides
5. Eraser entire car once again!
6 Apply CQuartz UK to the provided suede clothes doing 3’ sq sections at a time...straight lines up and down t
then back and forth...allow section to haze (about 2-3 min....it will look like a rainbow..or gas on water? Buff
with clean MFcloth turning over to a clean side to finish the buff ....THEN THROW THAT MF Cloth in the
GARBAGE...!!! It is now covered in glass particles and will dry and scratch your finish!! Guaranteed (don’t
ask me how I know this..!! lol)
6. Proceed in sections the entire car.
7. ALLOW 24 hrs to cure then apply a coat of Reload.... for the POW.....

I’ve done several cars now and in my garage, with beers and tunes... app 20hr in total start to finish...at leisure of course!! If the car is garage kept....this will last 4-5yrs!!!

IMPORTANT.......Google all processes for install videos and do not be afraid to do this...this is why the body shops charge so much....it does take time!!....just like me typing this post!!! lmao!!

good luck to all who try and post up your pics!!!
C63EE496-0B8B-4971-9FC7-135F6998A7F2.jpeg
Imagine having to do paint correction on a 5 year car or 5+ year car with defects takes even longer! As was the case with mine. Required two step process.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i coated the car with cquartz 3.0 (not uk version) and it took me ALL day as well, from sun up to a couple hours after sun down.but was fairly easy to do. just takes time to do all the steps

im really liking carpro's hydro2foam also..

works well in the foam cannon and just regular hand wash.

i did a handwash with it on the wifes vehicle and i was utterly astounded at how much this stuff beads up.. you can literally spray it on (foam cannon entire car) and rinse it off, looks like someone just spent all day waxing the vehicle.

the hydro2foam wont last as long as a ceramic coat, or even reload, but for in-between maintenance washes and the like.. i really really like this stuff. its doing awesome on the wifes vehicle that was never coated. hers beads up just like mine also.

what i really liked about the hydro2foam though, you could get wheels and calipers without having to take off wheels and spend hours on them.

everything is so much easier to clean now that it is coated, it is crazy easy to clean. would definitely recommend applying something, whether its a full blown ceramic coat, or just hydro2foam, or even something from another company.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Nice write up @Voo Doo !

Would add that you can do another coat of CQuartz after the first coat...think it says to way about 4 hours. Then do the reload 24 hours after that...and another coat of reload 4 hours after that.

I wish I had done that instead of one coat but not worth the time to remove it and start over.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Nice write up @Voo Doo !

Would add that you can do another coat of CQuartz after the first coat...think it says to way about 4 hours. Then do the reload 24 hours after that...and another coat of reload 4 hours after that.

I wish I had done that instead of one coat but not worth the time to remove it and start over.
fogot to say...yes, I did 2 coats of Ceramic!! Sorry!!

Riley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150
Looks great ric!
Amazing what paint correction can do it's definitely key before applying coating!