Centri sleeper

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I am purchasing a G3 kit. I have zero experience with centri's and would prefer to keep it quiet as possible. I know most everyone just vents the bov to atmosphere, is there/has anyone done anything else to squash the blow off noise?

Im just trying to get my complete parts list together.
Sponsored

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A centri is not the way to go if you want to keep the car quite. Put in the remarks when ordering to have them put the standard gears in it.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
A centri is not the way to go if you want to keep the car quite. Put in the remarks when ordering to have them put the standard gears in it.
That given but I wasnt sure if anyone had managed to quiet down the bov. Like a factory turbo car, you dont hear the bov.

I'll live with it either way :)

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
That given but I wasnt sure if anyone had managed to quiet down the bov. Like a factory turbo car, you dont hear the bov.

I'll live with it either way :)
The BOV is used differently in a centri application vs turbo.

Since the centri is always under load and spinning because its connected to the accessory drive belt, that air being generated has to go somewhere because the engine cannot consume it all at idle and part throttle. In the centri application, the BOV is always open under idle and part throttle so it is ALWAYS noisy. That was my single biggest complaint of the Paxton kit I had on my 2014 Mustang.

The only time the BOV is closed is when you WOT ... as soon as you lift, it's open again.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
The BOV is used differently in a centri application vs turbo.

Since the centri is always under load and spinning because its connected to the accessory drive belt, that air being generated has to go somewhere because the engine cannot consume it all at idle and part throttle. In the centri application, the BOV is always open under idle and part throttle so it is ALWAYS noisy. That was my single biggest complaint of the Paxton kit I had on my 2014 Mustang.

The only time the BOV is closed is when you WOT ... as soon as you lift, it's open again.
Exactly I dont want to listen to it "whoooosh shhhhhhhhh" etc I'll look into what PC has

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My ProCharger P1X Stage II came with a BOV filter/muffler as standard on my set up. Would not run without it. Very quiet. Can't tell it's boosted.

I don't know how anyone could stand a noisy BOV for everyday driving.

Like they say, if it's too loud then your probably to old!!

Sponsored

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Exactly I dont want to listen to it "whoooosh shhhhhhhhh" etc I'll look into what PC has
On some of our other kits we use a bypass valve that recirculates the air back Into the intake system. It’s virtually silent. A custom boss/adapter could be machined to fit our v-band flange on the intercooler and you could run the vortech bypass instead and plumb it back into the intake tube. This is intended for lower boost applications, but could be something to look into.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Actually this could be your best bet. Haven’t done any testing with this but it’s recirculating and should be much quieter. It uses the same v-band connection and would be bolt on with our intercooler. Would just need to route a recirculation hose back to the intake.
462C3EBE-B6CE-42B8-BFE2-0B8E750E6B55.png

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Actually this could be your best bet. Haven’t done any testing with this but it’s recirculating and should be much quieter. It uses the same v-band connection and would be bolt on with our intercooler. Would just need to route a recirculation hose back to the intake.
462C3EBE-B6CE-42B8-BFE2-0B8E750E6B55.png
Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Brevin!
Sponsored