CDC style bar - ordered!

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Can't really call it a light bar since I ordered it with the No light option, after reading mixed reviews about the light not deactivating with top up, which would drive me crazy. Plus, it saved me a few bucks and the install will be even easier. Pretty stoked!

People, please post pics if you have bar on your car!
Sponsored

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Not sure why people would have problems with the light activating with the top up. Mine works fine and it was the first mod I did to my 18 'vert. Some people like it some people hate it. But I've had more people ask what kind of Mustang I had when I have the top down and I love the look. I would advise reinforcing the filler/trim seal with very thin cardboard like material (used pieces from a document folder) as mine tended to sag over the course of the summer. Follow the install instructions it'll turn out fine. And make sure you have a loooong allen key to reach in there for retaining set screw. You'll know what I mean. :-)

OP
OP

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why people would have problems with the light activating with the top up. Mine works fine and it was the first mod I did to my 18 'vert. Some people like it some people hate it. But I've had more people ask what kind of Mustang I had when I have the top down and I love the look. I would advise reinforcing the filler/trim seal with very thin cardboard like material (used pieces from a document folder) as mine tended to sag over the course of the summer. Follow the install instructions it'll turn out fine. And make sure you have a loooong allen key to reach in there for retaining set screw. You'll know what I mean. :-)
Thanks for the info. by filler/trim seal, I'm assuming you mean at the base of the bar on each side where the bar meets the quarter panel trim?

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Thanks for the info. by filler/trim seal, I'm assuming you mean at the base of the bar on each side where the bar meets the quarter panel trim?
It's the seam that runs all the way across the underside of the bar. Maybe they fixed the issue since I bought and installed mine almost 2 years ago.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I really like the look, I may still do this too. I didn't even realize there was a no light option, though I feel like having some additional "Don't run into me" indicators is a good thing :D

When you say "CDC style" does that mean it's not an actual CDC part?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I really like the look, I may still do this too. I didn't even realize there was a no light option, though I feel like having some additional "Don't run into me" indicators is a good thing :D

When you say "CDC style" does that mean it's not an actual CDC part?
It’s a genuine CDC bar. They call it a “light bar”, some call it a style bar. Since mine doesn’t have the 3rd brake light, it felt weird calling it a “light” bar.

Installed it today with zero issues. Very straight forward. The instructions were clear and the CJ Pony video helped. I will try to get some good outdoor shots this weekend. Until then...
3138FCBA-8299-4DF8-B5E8-8172AFF42AC0.jpeg
108B1E12-E6B2-40F0-9D92-A86E88764DC5.jpeg
C8073229-5EE4-459D-8477-990211DC760A.jpeg

OP
OP

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
And make sure you have a loooong allen key to reach in there for retaining set screw. You'll know what I mean. :-)
You were definitely right about this one!

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I had the CDC light bar on my 2013 and never had any issues with it. I've been thinking about getting one for my 2017 but haven't been ready to spend the money yet.

OP
OP

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I had the CDC light bar on my 2013 and never had any issues with it. I've been thinking about getting one for my 2017 but haven't been ready to spend the money yet.
Sweet, good to hear. The only problem I could see would maybe be the set screw that holds the bar tight, coming loose over time. It’s screwed pretty tight though so maybe not. No problems with that for you?

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Looks nice. I hesitated before light or not light on my bar. Went with the light. I don't regret it. I think the extra brake light is cool and so far, I've had zero problems with it working as intended.

IMG_3541-Edit.jpg

OP
OP

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice. I hesitated before light or not light on my bar. Went with the light. I don't regret it. I think the extra brake light is cool and so far, I've had zero problems with it working as intended.

IMG_3541-Edit.jpg
Thanks, man. Seeing photos of your car with the bar was one of the deciding factors for me. I don’t think there is a right/wrong choice. They look good either way. I like that they appear oem-ish on the S550. Super happy with my decision.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Looks good. Here’s mine
8E5CFC58-5548-416E-A1C4-C36DFEDB878D.jpeg
E46C7546-9C43-406E-BB68-CC0D6BB321FF.jpeg

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Sweet, good to hear. The only problem I could see would maybe be the set screw that holds the bar tight, coming loose over time. It’s screwed pretty tight though so maybe not. No problems with that for you?
Never had any problems with it at all.
Sponsored