Sponsored

CDC light bar finally installed, pics inside!

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
So I finally caved and got the CDC light bar. I liked seeing it on other cars online, but rarely saw it in person. Maybe once or twice at Cars n Coffee. My wife was against it, but she still lets me do what I want on my fun car, but made it clear she thinks I ruined the car now :-D Anyways, I didn't see any recent thread about them and only three very old threads. Figured I would post some pics and open the floor to questions - I installed it all myself after watching the CJ Pony Parts install video twice and reading through the instructions. There are a ton of steps, but it really is doable even by yourself.

gt_jan_19.jpg

cfmirros.jpg

lightbar.jpg
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I like it, if I’d had gotten the shorter wind screen I’d get one. But I can’t see buying the shorter version for the sports bar from love the drive. Kinda irritated they don’t just sell the one only that fits the sports bar.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I like them. Whats held me back is back seat access. At 6'3 I cringe thinking about getting back there to clean the rear window.

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
I ordered mine the day after I ordered my 18 PP :) sat in my living room for 90 days and was the first mod I did three days after I took delivery. Always liked the way they looked on a convertible :like:.
As a note - the rubber joint seal started drooping after a few months especially at the upper corners. Pushing it back in would last a few days at best. Solution was to cut the seal and relieve the excess tension where the bar meets the trim panel.

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
what color is ur car?

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've always really dug on the lightbars, I realize it's mostly just a cosmetic thing (there's I suppose __some__ value in another super high mounted brake light), but it really impacts the looks and seems totally stock.

OP
OP
trojannemo

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I ordered mine the day after I ordered my 18 PP :) sat in my living room for 90 days and was the first mod I did three days after I took delivery. Always liked the way they looked on a convertible :like:.
As a note - the rubber joint seal started drooping after a few months especially at the upper corners. Pushing it back in would last a few days at best. Solution was to cut the seal and relieve the excess tension where the bar meets the trim panel.
Thanks for the heads up. Been on less than a week so nothing sagging so far, but now I know if it happens to mine.

what color is ur car?
If you're asking me, the color is called Grabber Blue. Only available on 2017 for the S550 generation.

I've always really dug on the lightbars, I realize it's mostly just a cosmetic thing (there's I suppose __some__ value in another super high mounted brake light), but it really impacts the looks and seems totally stock.
I also like the look. I don't really see the value in yet another light, my car is plenty visible from the rear at night. But sure, I'll take it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I also like the look. I don't really see the value in yet another light, my car is plenty visible from the rear at night. But sure, I'll take it.
With the drivers around here, I wouldn't mind having 20 more brake lights, and some air horns that kick in when I brake ... :cwl:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally caved and got the CDC light bar. I liked seeing it on other cars online, but rarely saw it in person. Maybe once or twice at Cars n Coffee. My wife was against it, but she still lets me do what I want on my fun car, but made it clear she thinks I ruined the car now :-D Anyways, I didn't see any recent thread about them and only three very old threads. Figured I would post some pics and open the floor to questions - I installed it all myself after watching the CJ Pony Parts install video twice and reading through the instructions. There are a ton of steps, but it really is doable even by yourself.

gt_jan_19.jpg

cfmirros.jpg

lightbar.jpg
Damn! That's hot... love the look and the grabber blue is such a great color. Almost went with it instead of Lightning....
I have a lot of back seat passengers so would be concerned about entry, otherwise it's killer

OP
OP
trojannemo

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Yeah my only regular in the back is my 3 year old, and his entry/exit has not been affected at all. Today I had an adult but very petite person in the back seat behind my driver seat (since I don't remove my son's car seat) and she said she had plenty of space and told me I could push my seat back. Had no problems getting in or out with the light bar.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
that's awesome.. my other questions would be
1. does it hamper visibility for back seat passengers
2. any change of a passenger striking themselves on the light bar in the case of an accident, abrupt stop?

OP
OP
trojannemo

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Again, I have limited exposure to adult rear passengers, but I'm going to guess no. The bar is right up against the inner lining of the roof, we're talking a clearance of a few mm only. So for it to obstruct visibility forward the rear passenger would have to be so tall as to not fit without the top open. Same about hitting the passenger. I will say that it does block visibility sideways, obviously, since it's pretty wide on the base.

00spy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
CDC Bar with a Love The Drive windscreen on my 18GT. Had them on my 16GT also. Best mod for a vert by far.
20180220_180111.jpg

OP
OP
trojannemo

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I wish I could do the windscreen, but my son's car seat is too high and would prevent that installation :-(

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK, these pics are not helping me to not buy one of these ....

Heck, since the seats and panels come out, probably a good time to install a SmartTop too :D
Sponsored