Sponsored

Cats and supercharger

Pierangiolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual (sold), 2020 Mustang GT A10
I have a V7 JTB setup. I have stock headers and stock exhaust. I have heard that boost destroys cats. My friend recommends I just cut off the cats and weld a pipe or go with dumps. I don't care about the HP gains because a V7 JTB already produces enough horsepower for the streets. I live in florida <3 I have a few questions:

1. Since im running e85, will I get the smell of e85 in the car if I am running dumps (I personally love the smell of fuel but people often say you get an awful smell after you run dumps)

2. Will the check engine light come on if I cut the cats off or go dumps?

3. How long will the stock cats last (give or take, its a daily driver)

4. What is louder: dumps or resonator and muffler delete but with stock cats. I am just curious because I had my resonator and muffler deleted and it was fun for a little bit but got old very quickly. I eventually went back to a stock setup. I'm just curious if dumps would be quieter than when I cut off the resonator and mufflers.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No one can tell you this
4. Does it really matter? It will all be too loud.

Try searching the forums, tons of info about cats and boosted applications.

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not an expert - but - at a minimum maybe look into high flow cats. I cant see the v7 jtb being happy with that downstream restriction. My answer to your questions:
1. Yes, you will get fuel smell in your car, especially e 85 as I smell it with a full exhaust
2.Yes sir, it wont be happy with you unless your tuner address that in the tune
3.Cant help you there
4. Id say dumps with no cats would be crazy loud. The cats offer a lot of sound deadening.

You could trade me that v7jt for my new v3sl and make those cats live a little longer :).

Luv2gofst666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russel
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp1
I just removed my cats. Stock exhaust with resonator and no cats. Sounds great but it’s loud. Almost to loud. But it’s ok. Yes you get smell in car now. I’m ok a Lund tune. Never asked to have check engine light off It never came on when I removed them

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
quiet car

I did TSP catless headers and magnaflow resonator with stock exhaust. Wanted to remove the restriction but keep it quiet. In the car it sounds really similar to factory; no drone, at highway speeds quiet; getting on it makes a little noise but not raspy. In the video you can hear the launch then my wheel hop, then you can't hear my car anymore over another car doing a burnout.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
another launch

this one is better for sound
no E85 smell in the car when driving, sitting at idle with no wind and it smells a little.
Sponsored