UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Im in the middle of the install and I was confused about the routing of houses. But according to your pic, it seems They sent me the bottom circled hoses in 1 piece and not in two like in your picture. I just don't want to cut it until I'm certain it's supposed to be that way.
image ru

Send me a email at [email protected] and I will send over the directions and explain each hose.

Thanks.
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Mine is not in one piece as it looks, there is a connector joining the long one and the short one together.
Here is a pic of my routing....sorry for my lack of skills..:)

Red line hose - pass side dirty line under coolant tank, under radiator cover to drivers side. Solid red rectangle where the hose connector is taking it to the tee (red circle). Other side of tee goes to top of catch can.

Yellow line hose - drivers side dirty line going to fist tee (1/2" x 3/8" x 1/2" tee ,yellow circle) then to second tee (1/2" x 1/2" x1/2" tee, red circle).

Pink line hose is the small 3/8" vent hose from IMRC factory Y to 1/2" x 3/8" x 1/2" tee.

Blue hose - clean line from catch can to Procharger air intake tube fitting.

The kit does not come with the tee's , hose connector , or single connection point on the PC air inlet tube. These where all local auto part store pieces.
13243902_551231095078650_1901325180147231110_o.jpg

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
So this kit is not complete with all fittings?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
So this kit is not complete with all fittings?
I routed things a bit differently and wanted a single connection fitting on the air intake tube. I will let vendor chime in on completeness.

Sponsored

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Hi guys, just installed the same kit

RHD Australian mustang here (the procharger kit fits well on RHD cars). Note I've relocated my oil filter after installing an aftermarket oil cooler.

Hopefully I installed it correctly. Mind the dirtiness of my engine bay, my hood vents open it all up to the elements haha

I ran a hose rearwards, behind the engine cover from the right side over to the left. I attached the small IMRC line to the clean side (between the catch can and intake)

Any comments on whether this is ok? and yes, I know I made it hard to get to the dipstick
:headbonk:
Cheers!
Catch can.jpg

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
UPR Procharger Catch Can Installation - Looks Great !

Actually, it's nice to see the handy work and it looks good. You made it work with the relocation kit and that's all that matters. I'd love to see a few more images of the complete engine bay.

Thank you, Joe

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
The main claim to fame with your catch can is that is uses manifold vacuum to operate the pvc valve at idle and cruise.But the procharger catch can is the only one that does not use manifold vaccum,it only gets vacuum form the inlet tube which imo is far from enough vacvum.In your add u guys even.say this is not the right way to run the pvc system with a supercharger.U guys need to design the can like u had it for the 11 to 14 where intake manifold was used to work the pvc valve at idle.U guys use manifold vacuum on vortex and Paxton but for us procharger guys we get a less then stellar kit for that money.I took my pvc valve out of my valve cover and left it hooked to the hose and at idle it would not open the pvc valve,not enough vaccum!!!!!

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
The main claim to fame with your catch can is that is uses manifold vacuum to operate the pvc valve at idle and cruise.But the procharger catch can is the only one that does not use manifold vaccum,it only gets vacuum form the inlet tube which imo is far from enough vacvum.In your add u guys even.say this is not the right way to run the pvc system with a supercharger.U guys need to design the can like u had it for the 11 to 14 where intake manifold was used to work the pvc valve at idle.U guys use manifold vacuum on vortex and Paxton but for us procharger guys we get a less then stellar kit for that money.I took my pvc valve out of my valve cover and left it hooked to the hose and at idle it would not open the pvc valve,not enough vaccum!!!!!
The Procharger system is built to use the tune-up Procharger supplies to their kits for tuners and end users. You cannot run the PCV in the factory configuration with the Procharger tune-up. The tune-up and fuel trims are completely different when you run the factory PCV system.

Call and ask Procharger or your tuner about the differences required when you run the factory PCV system. The vehicles that get custom tunes and run the PCV system correctly will run much better overall. The car will need to be tuned on the Dyno or to have Lund tune your car. Custom tuning is absolutely required to run the factory PCV.

We use the same UPR Dual Catch Can just with different hoses and routing to utilize the factory PCV system properly. Our kit is built to fit the Procharer configuration and has nothing to do with how we offer it. The main difference is Procharger bypasses the factory PCV.

Feel free to go over this with Procharger and your tuner before you try to route the system like factory and we're here to build you a system to work with the desired application.

Thank you, Joe

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The 15-18 kits, like the 11-14, feed both valve covers into the can (15-18 uses a T) then a line to the intake tube. This is designed to run as Procharger has it run for them. This is the only centri system out there that changes how the vacuum / pressure works on the coyote engine. This way provides the correct vacuum for this kit. You can also T-off the line n the s550 to run the IMRC plates like they have you to without a can.

To sum this up, Procharger re routes the vacuum flow while other's keep it OEM style. We are the only company out there to make cans for the Procharger which they recommend to many of their customers. We work together on a lot of stuff.

Sponsored

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Actually, it's nice to see the handy work and it looks good. You made it work with the relocation kit and that's all that matters. I'd love to see a few more images of the complete engine bay.

Thank you, Joe
Hi Joe, sorry for the radio silence!
After about 5000km the catch can had about 60mL of brown oil with tiny metal filings in it.
Engine bay pics to come once I get some good ones haha
MVIMG_20180506_123252.jpg

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
L.p.
The 15-18 kits, like the 11-14, feed both valve covers into the can (15-18 uses a T) then a line to the intake tube. This is designed to run as Procharger has it run for them. This is the only centri system out there that changes how the vacuum / pressure works on the coyote engine. This way provides the correct vacuum for this kit. You can also T-off the line n the s550 to run the IMRC plates like they have you to without a can.

To sum this up, Procharger re routes the vacuum flow while other's keep it OEM style. We are the only company out there to make cans for the Procharger which they recommend to many of their customers. We work together on a lot of stuff.
And this is why i.dont like the catch can.setup for 15 up.coyotes,the 11 to.14 models u guys used manifold vaccum for your catch can like all the other supercharger companies,why did u change if for 15??To me the can is no.better then the way procharger has it set up except it collects some oil,and thats not the only reazon for a good catchcan.I dont see why u guys could not run the procharger catch can like the paxton one,its your product not prochargers and if using manifold vaccum is better and we all know it is why not make it like that.Just my 02 as i was upset when i.bought mine just to find out it was a can running the pvc system the same way.Also most of are running custom tunes,and if it is better to run your setup.with manifold vaccum im sure i could have my.tuner make some changes,but what would have to be changed on the routing of the catch can,i would think a one way check valve.I believe the paxton.setup u guys have is much superior and would like to run mine like that.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
If u.could Joe send me a pm,changing the tune would be no problem,i would like to.have my pvc valve from manifold vaccum,like yourself i believe this gives u a much better idle and pulls vapors and gases much better at idle then being bypassed.

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
L.p.

And this is why i.dont like the catch can.setup for 15 up.coyotes,the 11 to.14 models u guys used manifold vaccum for your catch can like all the other supercharger companies,why did u change if for 15??To me the can is no.better then the way procharger has it set up except it collects some oil,and thats not the only reazon for a good catchcan.I dont see why u guys could not run the procharger catch can like the paxton one,its your product not prochargers and if using manifold vaccum is better and we all know it is why not make it like that.Just my 02 as i was upset when i.bought mine just to find out it was a can running the pvc system the same way.Also most of are running custom tunes,and if it is better to run your setup.with manifold vaccum im sure i could have my.tuner make some changes,but what would have to be changed on the routing of the catch can,i would think a one way check valve.I believe the paxton.setup u guys have is much superior and would like to run mine like that.

We do the same thing on the 11-14 but just do not T the lines. It's identical on how it flows. You can add a check valve to it but we have not seen a sealing issue at WOT with a Procharger routing.

Last edited:

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
what happens if u do not have imcr ie im running procharger on a 18manny with locks outs so i blocked off the line to the imrc am i good or do i need to supple it with vacuum of some short
Sponsored