AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
So.. question... does the ProCharger Kit come with PCV lines or does it use the stock lines? I need to know cause right now I have BOB's catch can installed, and my kit arrives Monday. In other words, I currently do not have stock PCV lines.
The procharger kit comes with lines to route the PCV system as Procharger directs in their instructions. Your Bob's Can would have to be installed inline to their setup to keep it functioning.

I haven't used a Bob's setup before so I can't really detail exactly how to route it.
Sponsored

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The procharger kit comes with lines to route the PCV system as Procharger directs in their instructions. Your Bob's Can would have to be installed inline to their setup to keep it functioning.

I haven't used a Bob's setup before so I can't really detail exactly how to route it.
Thanks my man for that info. As long as the kit comes with the lines I will be cool. I will just remove the Bob's can until I can find a resolution.

The Bob's can comes with fittings at the can. (No Quick Disconnects)I may need to have some lines made.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
What's the part number for this?

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I'd really like to see what ProCharger has to say about the performance of this item.
Any catch can is a nice addition/piece of mind, UPR makes a nice product.
We just have not seen any blow by really worthy of caring about, on these coyote motors since our system introduction in 2011.

To date literally ZERO of our BETA test cars. (the 2015's, 2014's, 2013's, 2012,s and even our company owned 700+ rwhp 2011) have yet to have any need for a catch can.

Now on the LS cars, and especially the new LT-1 of the Corvette, THAT is a totally different story. Because the blow by even in factory form is awful.

Last edited:

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just to set the record straight the way the PCV system gets hooked up from the supercharger manufacturers is worse than a band aid as it still lets oil buildup in the inter-cooler and supercharger tubing and if you search google you will see all the posts of people that think they have leaky blower seals and all it turns out to be is all the oil that gets carried through the PCV and back through the engine.

I have a lot of tuners testing the catch can systems and they are all finding out the state of tune on all the supercharger cars are tweaked to run without a functional PCV system which is a big no no and hurts ring seal and efficiency across the board.

Not to mention driveability and if you really want a good running setup you will need to install a Dual Valve Catch Can system before you tune your vehicle with the supercharger as it needs a completely different tune to run correctly like it should if the PCV was left connected like it should be.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I have a lot of tuners testing the catch can systems and they are all finding out the state of tune on all the supercharger cars are tweaked to run without a functional PCV system which is a big no no and hurts ring seal and efficiency across the board.
Never said anything bad about your product, actually said it was a nice addition.

That was a pretty harsh reply, for no reason.

Not till MAF's did anyone care about this "PCV" thing.
Think of the literally 10's of thousands of motors out there with open vented valve covers, every 2jz or import car out there. Unless a car had a vacuum pump attached to it, almost every carb'ed performance car out there had open breathers or valve covers.

Yes some cars do like a like a little negative pressure on the crank case. HOWEVER with the tune done correctly and fuel trims correct, there is no danger or concern in the way our system is shipped out. We have had NO, ZERO, ZILCH concerns with engine durability, or blow by since we have started selling Coyote supercharger systems for the 2011 engines. (which have the same PCV set up)

If a coyote car has enough oil coming out of it to fill the intercooler, then there are bigger engine problems to worry about. None of which a catch can is going to fix.

On a few of the GM cars/trucks we have to pull a vacuum on the PCV system, due to the oil smell created by the very loose LS/LT-1 engines.

If we wanted/needed to make a catch can, we could easily do so.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Why can't we all just get along.

We are in the final stages of testing the UPR cans.
We all get along fine.

The UPR can is flipping awesome, looks great, installs awesome, and works.
Nothing wrong with that at all.
:cheers::cheers:

Just don't think people need to be scared into buying it, or told something is wrong with our system.

Thats all. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Not to bring up an old thread... are these UPR catch can systems available yet?

I checked out the site, and found a kit to remote mount a can on SC cars -

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-plug-n-play-catch-can-remote-mount-15-sc.html

But then I found this, and it's only a single valve:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-plug-n-play-catch-can-separator-15-sc.html

Can we easily adapt the 11-14 kit for our 15s?

Up on our website:

http://www.makperformance.com/2015-...tch-Can-for-Procharger-Kits-by-UPR_p_469.html

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Well I hate to bring this back up but since day one with my Procharger I have been getting an oil smell ... Daily driving ( off Boost ) I smell no oil vapor .. But at the track ( or a street in Mexico ) after boost I get a oil vapor smell .. It doesn't happen under boost but when you let off and the blow off valve opens I get the oil smell .. That tells me that there is a lot of crank case vapor going into the blower under boost ..As soon as you are off boost the blow off valve opens and dumps the boost and oil vapor into the air .. My turbo bikes have this problem but we made a fix so when guys pull up to a stop they will not smell the oil vapor ..

My question will this stop the problem ? If so I want one ...

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Well I hate to bring this back up but since day one with my Procharger I have been getting an oil smell ... Daily driving ( off Boost ) I smell no oil vapor .. But at the track ( or a street in Mexico ) after boost I get a oil vapor smell .. It doesn't happen under boost but when you let off and the blow off valve opens I get the oil smell .. That tells me that there is a lot of crank case vapor going into the blower under boost ..As soon as you are off boost the blow off valve opens and dumps the boost and oil vapor into the air .. My turbo bikes have this problem but we made a fix so when guys pull up to a stop they will not smell the oil vapor ..

What are you running now on your setup? PCV system that PC shows or vented through breathers?

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang

The guys at MAK can set you up with a great catch can system that will eliminate the majority of the oil smell. Also it will save your engine from being susceptible to detonation from oil in the cylinder or lower the octane rating. I can relate to the turbo bikes and the oil blow by smell as my buddy had a GS1150 with a turbo that smell lie the jiffy lube station.

Before you get anything PM me and I can go over the setup and outline what you need to get from MAK.

Hope this helps, Joe
Sponsored