AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
After having caught the amount of oil we did with my 2015 GT in its N/A form, we knew it was imperative that we do a catch can setup for its Procharged form. We headed up to UPR Products to meet up with Joe and see what we could come up with as a solution that would not only work on my car, but for everyone with Procharged 2015 Mustang GT. We used all Factory Connect fittings for a clean oem style install.

This setup inserts the catch can inline to the way Procharger sets up the PCV system so everything functions as designed but with the catch can inline.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Looks good.

So are you are saying the JLT catch can won't fit on a procharged mustang?

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Looks good.

This setup is specifically designed to work with a procharger kit and its routing of the PCV system. None of the Plug and play setups for Naturally Aspirated Engines will work with a Procharger Kit.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Great looking piece!

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Looks good.

The JLT is not the choice for this vehicle as the system will pull more oil through it than it will collect. The best bet to protect this setup is the system that MAK is running because it's designed for excessive heat and to handle the demands of any boosted engine.

It's vital to have a mutli-chamber system in place to be sure the oil gets properly condensed to maximize the coalescing process. Also you want to be sure that the system will not allow oil pull through and allow the engine to encounter detonation. This is a sure fire way to kill the pistons in any engine or destroy the ring landings.

A properly functioning system that handles the demands it's subjected to will see upwards of 4-5 ounces in 3000 miles and that's not somewhere you want to have a JLT catch can mounted. We have tested all the systems and the JLT, Silverhorse and Shelby catch cans are more like a placebo that catch a tiny bit and you never get to see how much really got pulled right through the system.

I'm sure Adrian can attest to the facts here as they have seen it time and time again.

Joe

Sponsored

Speed Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX w/ IRS
I can't tell where the lines route in the pictures. Do both PCV lines route to the can? Does one line route to the Procharger intake for vacuum pull?
On my new edge set up, I had a breather on the passenger cam cover. Then a line going from the driver's cover to the Procharger, with an baffled can between the two for vacuum. That way it pulls vacuum, but doesn't create too much vacuum in the crankcase.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I want one for my ProCharged Set Up. Are they on the website for sale? Also what is the cost? :)

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Speed Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX w/ IRS
OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm still not seeing where it routes into the intake tube of the supercharger- where is the 'positive' crankcase ventilation? Maybe it connects underneath the tube? Can't tell that from the photos.
The connections on the intake tube are all under the tube and on the 2015 its inside the fender which is where the intake tube is.

Sponsored

Speed Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX w/ IRS
Oh okay thanks for the info! I'll look into getting one of these once I pull the trigger on the procharger. Thanks!

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I'd really like to see what ProCharger has to say about the performance of this item.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

RyanS550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GTPP
Did this catch can ever get put up on the site? I want to have this before I get the Procharger.

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
This setup is specifically designed to work with a procharger kit and its routing of the PCV system. None of the Plug and play setups for Naturally Aspirated Engines will work with a Procharger Kit.
So.. question... does the ProCharger Kit come with PCV lines or does it use the stock lines? I need to know cause right now I have BOB's catch can installed, and my kit arrives Monday. In other words, I currently do not have stock PCV lines.
Sponsored