Cargo Hold-downs

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Indeed, I think it's very good value. Sure, one might say $42 is too much for just a few pieces of plastic, but it's high quality plastic - plus, you pay for the design. And it really works, which makes it worth every penny. I'm very happy with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I use these:

https://store.stayhold.eu/products/metro-shopping-holder-pack

Nothing moves, no matter how spiritedly you drive. And you can reconfigure them in a few seconds to your heart's content, depending on what you happen to be carrying at the time. They're great.
Interesting--even had a positive review from a Mustang driver--I'll keep them in mind. Not sure what happened, but I ordered the gripper mat from CJ Pony and they debited, then credited back, the charge; maybe they discovered they're out of stock?

Edit: I just did a 'dry run' order; their 'shipping' page says 'free to the USA for over 50 euros' but in my cart the ship 'country' dropdown doesn't list the USA. Hmmmmmm ...

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....electric scissor jack, bag of tools (and flares, and chocks, etc.), jumper cables, ......
WTF are you carrying all that crap around for?

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
WTF are you carrying all that crap around for?
Uh, in case I get a flat? I had several in my '08 Bullitt, and waiting for a tow isn't an option sometimes, and when I did need one--thrown serpentine belt--the tow driver damaged my car (I always carry a spare and emergency tools, and I can use them). Also, I had a bad run of Interstate batteries, and needed several jumpstarts; again, waiting for a tow for a simple procedure I can do myself ain't my way.

WTF do you ask dumb questions?

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Thanks for posting this Vlad. This site has some great stuff. $42 for the kit is a steal.
I thought the site quote was in Euros. That would be $49.83 USD. I agree that the product looked interesting.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I thought the site quote was in Euros. That would be $49.83 USD. I agree that the product looked interesting.
The NA (North American, not Normally Aspirated ;) site is https://www.stayhold.com. Interestingly, the cost in dollars is the same as euro: 41.99, but shipping to the US is $10 (it appears their NA base is in Canada).

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I use these:

https://store.stayhold.eu/products/metro-shopping-holder-pack

Nothing moves, no matter how spiritedly you drive. And you can reconfigure them in a few seconds to your heart's content, depending on what you happen to be carrying at the time. They're great.
I have a trunk full of these. It takes a little judicious configuring to meet individual needs. Otherwise I wonder how I ever got along without them. Oh, I remember: Before I left the carpet bare so they would attach securely, I fixed a bungee cord between holes under the rear upper platform (where the deck lid hinges) and hooked stuff to it with carabiners, etc.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
They work, but leave the carpet all raggedy (you need to shave that), eventually leaving bald spots.
Yikes! I haven't thought of that. That doesn't sound good. :frown:
They seem to be fine so far, they don't seem to affect the carpet at all, but I've only had them for a month, so I can't say anything yet about long-term effects. You may be right about that. The minute I see anything wrong with the carpet I'll ditch them.

But since I have a rubber mat, couldn't use them anyway :).
They make them for rubber liners as well: :)
https://store.stayhold.eu/collections/all/products/sidekick-shopping-holder-pack

Last edited:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I always carry some junk--electric scissor jack, bag of tools (and flares, and chocks, etc.), jumper cables, daily accoutrements, etc.--in my Bullitt's trunk ('Junk in the Trunk'). Of course, with even moderately hard cornering the junk slides around and makes thumps and, potentially could cause some damage. Ordinarily, as in C/SUVs, you'd use cargo netting to solve this, but a quick inspection didn't reveal any hooks or loops to use as tie-downs. Are there some semi-hidden tie-down points I just haven't found? If not, what are y'all using to hold down junk in the trunk? My spare tire well is filled with, well, a spare tire and wheel.
I carry some things and what doesn't fit in with the factory spare is in an expandable trunk organizer. I find the factory scissor jack to be more than adequate. I keep an 18" ratcheting breaker bar inside an 18" length of iron pipe with a socket for the lugs. If you really want a power jack I've found that a 1/4" impact works really well with the scissor jack and is much small foot print and more versatile. I also don't carry jumper cables any more. In their place is a jump pack which does multiple duties as a flash light, emergency strobe and phone charger. I also have spare fuses and a tire plug kit along with a small set of tools and an emergency blanket.. All in all I can cover most emergencies short of engine disassembly and it all fits with the spare and one compartment of the storage with enough room left in the trunk for two carry-on suitcases and a backpack for short trips.

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Yeah, the impact wrench--I'd go half-inch instead of quarter--is a good idea, but the one advantage of the electric jack I have is that it works off the car battery, which is (presumably) always charged. I think even lithium batteries self-discharge over time--I may be wrong, I use and charge mine regularly--and you could have a dead battery when you need it (unless you pull it out and dis/charge it regularly, I think 'topping off' Li-ion batteries may not be good for their lifespan). Of course, impact wrenches are great for spinning lug nuts off and on, but even my DeWalt 20V half-inch won't put the full 150lb-feet on the nuts.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I use of these.

Milk Crates

Two of them fit perfectly in the forward section of the truck without sliding side to side. They can slide back if you punch it, but usually they stay in place. Perfect for containing anything, but I mostly put groceries in them.

Yes, my GT is a grocery getter.
Sponsored