Sponsored

Cargo

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I've been going under an assumption that with the seats folded down, I could fit a set of tires and wheels for a track-day for transport to the event, swap tires/wheels there, have fun, swap back and drive home. That way I can use the OE tires/wheels that are from the performance pack 2 for track-fun, while having a set of 20's and all-season for daily driving.

Logistically, would I be able to fit a set of tires/wheels in the trunk with the back seat folded flat?
Sponsored

Prabzez_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, you should be able to.
Not sure about 20's, but I've fit 19's.
The area in the trunk where the spare tire/air compressor is can easily hold a wheel with another one on top of it, and then the other two on top of the rear seats, i never folded them down, just threw a towel over the seats and stood one wheel up on each seat.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You're going to put a set of all season 20" tires.....on a PP2 car.

giphy.gif

How far away is your track? Any reason you can't just drive there and back on the Cup 2s?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why 20's? I understand getting daily driver tires though because those SC2's...well a 14 year old who just discovered touching himself lasts longer than SC2's.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why all-seasons? Why not some MP4Ss?

I can't imagine buying an amazing handling car, and then slapping all-season tires on it.

It'd be like marrying a smoking hottie, and then force-feeding her pudding-pops all day.

There's a Bill Cosby joke in there somewhere.

So, drive the CUP 2s till they're gone (about 45 miles), then slap some MP4Ss in the OEM size on the OEM wheels. Then get a set of after-market wheels (OEM size) and get some serious track tires put on them. Maybe something that's not street-legal.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Good points on the all-seasons, but mainly it's that I don't want to change my tires out for colder weather alternative, Oklahoma gets ice and some snow, temps drop well below 40F in December/Jan, down to 0F at times. Temps also swing a lot, it can been 20F in the morning and 70F in the afternoons during those months. I also, as it's going to be my daily driver, want tires that might last 20K, meaning need a 40k tire due to staggered/spacing.

20's as I am thinking HRE FF04 wheels, which would get Toyo Proxes 4S.

But to all that I have a set of AMR dark stainless wheels on order from American muscle, with Michelin AS 3+ on those. I intend to use those until I am ready to drop the coin on the HRE's. May go summer/all season swaps between those and AMR then. Saving the OE track-related though...

Not really concerned over the trunk holding 20's vs 19's, dimensions of the whole tire should be about the same.

Just was curious if I was forgetting about how I might not be able to fit 4 tires and wheels in the trunk/back seat.

OP
OP

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
You're going to put a set of all season 20" tires.....on a PP2 car.

giphy.gif

How far away is your track? Any reason you can't just drive there and back on the Cup 2s?
Closest track I think is around 120m away, so 240 miles round trip, plus track time...probably need new sc2's around turn 3...lol

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Good points on the all-seasons, but mainly it's that I don't want to change my tires out for colder weather alternative, Oklahoma gets ice and some snow, temps drop well below 40F in December/Jan, down to 0F at times. Temps also swing a lot, it can been 20F in the morning and 70F in the afternoons during those months. I also, as it's going to be my daily driver, want tires that might last 20K, meaning need a 40k tire due to staggered/spacing.
Dude.....

I daily a PP car year-round. Your weather sounds better than mine, at best the same. It's fine, you just have to know how to drive.

Tires that last 20K? Sure, but you lose a ton of the performance of the car.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
So glad my mustang is not my DD.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

But to all that I have a set of AMR dark stainless wheels on order from American muscle, with Michelin AS 3+ on those. I intend to use those until I am ready to drop the coin on the HRE's. May go summer/all season swaps between those and AMR then. Saving the OE track-related though...

Not really concerned over the trunk holding 20's vs 19's, dimensions of the whole tire should be about the same.

Just was curious if I was forgetting about how I might not be able to fit 4 tires and wheels in the trunk/back seat.
Don't know if you have any experience with the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus, but they are an excellent all-season performance tire. I put them on my daughter's Camaro and they have performed very well. They have over 25K on them with still decent tread left. They should go at least 40K. She has a staggered setup so the tires have not been rotated. Treadwear has been even across the entire tread. They certainly aren't as sticky as some of the summer tires, but they have very good dry grip and decent wet grip. They ride good with very little noise. They also go up to 295 in 19's and 315 in 20's.

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP

Michelin AS 3+'s or DWS06's are pretty much all I run on my cars, even my GT PP1. Keep in mind, I don't track or race. I find the Michelin AS 3+ to be more than sufficient for my driving style. I loved the 4S's that came with the car, but those were sold with the PP1 wheels with less than 1000 miles on the odometer.

I'm a little north of you in Kansas and haven't had any problems with our winters with either the DWS06 or A/S 3+. We don't get that crazy of winters in the Midwest. :)

Lastly, I went from the staggered setup to a square setup for proper rotation and such. Might want to consider that for your daily wheels/tires. I also love the way the car handles with a square setup vs. staggered.
Sponsored