Cargo Hold-downs

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I always carry some junk--electric scissor jack, bag of tools (and flares, and chocks, etc.), jumper cables, daily accoutrements, etc.--in my Bullitt's trunk ('Junk in the Trunk'). Of course, with even moderately hard cornering the junk slides around and makes thumps and, potentially could cause some damage. Ordinarily, as in C/SUVs, you'd use cargo netting to solve this, but a quick inspection didn't reveal any hooks or loops to use as tie-downs. Are there some semi-hidden tie-down points I just haven't found? If not, what are y'all using to hold down junk in the trunk? My spare tire well is filled with, well, a spare tire and wheel.
Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Bought this cargo net off Amazon for my wife's 2018 vert EB. I like it enough I'll probably get one for my 19 GT as well.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I always carry some junk--electric scissor jack, bag of tools (and flares, and chocks, etc.), jumper cables, daily accoutrements, etc.--in my Bullitt's trunk ('Junk in the Trunk'). Of course, with even moderately hard cornering the junk slides around and makes thumps and, potentially could cause some damage. Ordinarily, as in C/SUVs, you'd use cargo netting to solve this, but a quick inspection didn't reveal any hooks or loops to use as tie-downs. Are there some semi-hidden tie-down points I just haven't found? If not, what are y'all using to hold down junk in the trunk? My spare tire well is filled with, well, a spare tire and wheel.
I have the net pictured above plus this. Velcro on the bottom prevents it from moving around.

https://www.amazon.com/FORTEM-Organ...=1605467501&sprefix=Car+trunk+,aps,186&sr=8-7

1605467613146.jpeg

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I have the same cargo net for my S197. It has hooks that replace the bolts in the trunk. I believe Weathertech has a trunk liner that has square lines so that you can use their cargo box to keep it in place.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Just get one of these:
Fender Gripper Trunk Mat
Nothing will move.
I'm gonna go with this. Thanks to all for the replies. I would still prefer a cargo net that can be thrown over the trunk contents, but without any existing tie-down points that doesn't appear practical.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I'm gonna go with this. Thanks to all for the replies. I would still prefer a cargo net that can be thrown over the trunk contents, but without any existing tie-down points that doesn't appear practical.
I think you'll be very happy with it. Let us know what you think when you get it and use it a little. I love mine.

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I think you'll be very happy with it. Let us know what you think when you get it and use it a little. I love mine.
Will do. I don't know if I'll need to trim it; I have the 'premium'--it's all relative--B&O sound system, but don't know if it has the 'Shaker' woofer.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Yes, you have the subwoofer in the trunk so it'll need to be trimmed.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The net across the back is inexpensive, easy to install, and very practical for smaller items.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I use the ford cargo net, and drop a tool bag and a dew detail items in it, for temporary things I have one of the expandable boxes noted above...

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
No tie downs for me;
I just use my truck to haul......
confused0068.gif

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I use these:

https://store.stayhold.eu/products/metro-shopping-holder-pack

Nothing moves, no matter how spiritedly you drive. And you can reconfigure them in a few seconds to your heart's content, depending on what you happen to be carrying at the time. They're great.

Edit: After using them for two months I noticed that the carpet has started to become scruffy. Apparently the velchro fasteners will slowly ruin the boot lining. See also posts #25 and #37.
So, I'm withdrawing my recommendation.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60