Sponsored

Carbon Dynamics Steering Wheels

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just find the oh we wont be using this forum anymore, too expensive too small a crowd very telling.

How much could a base sponsorship on here actually cost? Can't be a fortune. What $50-100/month maybe? 1 sale off here pays that in the profits.

There are 18,000 members plus here; I mean really, not enough people? We here own probably 5-10% of the total Mustangs out there (200k built to date?) and most likely to mod.
Sponsored

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Didn't realize they shipped these overseas that would make sense on the timelines. FYI i'm one of the ones from the most recent batch, and am super happy with what i got. I got mine exactly how i ordered it.

I would hit them up at least once every in a while early on in the process expecting it to take some time. Once they got near shipping i contacted them bout once a week through Facebook. They aren't the best at biz mgmt/comm.

And for what it's worth it took exactly 2 months for me from when i ordered/sent in wheel to the wheel shipping out. Be patient and you'll get a nice unique piece that very few will ever have. And too keep your bases covered charge it or paypal it so should anything happen in the future you have the best chance of recovering your funds.

SIDE NOTE here is a shot from Nashville Cars and Coffee (July 4th weekend) of an Audi R8, someone spotted and told me they had my wheel and i was like sure they would be similar but this is damn near a copy of mine. So must be made by the same peeps overseas.

R8
28296509935_cc7af7df9f_b.jpg

MINE
28296524065_ea8c353113_b.jpg

28217916301_94b957acca_b.jpg

28296542605_4dde5a6886_b.jpg
chris gonzales, on Flickr

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Didn't realize they shipped these overseas that would make sense on the timelines. FYI i'm one of the ones from the most recent batch, and am super happy with what i got. I got mine exactly how i ordered it.

I would hit them up at least once every in a while early on in the process expecting it to take some time. Once they got near shipping i contacted them bout once a week through Facebook. They aren't the best at biz mgmt/comm.

And for what it's worth it took exactly 2 months for me from when i ordered/sent in wheel to the wheel shipping out. Be patient and you'll get a nice unique piece that very few will ever have. And too keep your bases covered charge it or paypal it so should anything happen in the future you have the best chance of recovering your funds.

SIDE NOTE here is a shot from Nashville Cars and Coffee (July 4th weekend) of an Audi R8, someone spotted and told me they had my wheel and i was like sure they would be similar but this is damn near a copy of mine. So must be made by the same peeps overseas.

R8
28296509935_cc7af7df9f_b.jpg

MINE
28296524065_ea8c353113_b.jpg

28217916301_94b957acca_b.jpg

28296542605_4dde5a6886_b.jpg
chris gonzales, on Flickr
Looks great man!

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Newest Install

I just installed my new Carbon Dynamics steering wheel and am very pleased with the feel and quality of it. I know Carbon Dynamics doesnt have the best reputation on this forum and I cant condone their lack of communication and sometimes dishonest communications. I waited until they delivered a few batches of these steering wheels to ensure they did deliver and customers were pleased once they received them. That being said I ordered mine with the full expectation that no matter what they quoted for delivery times I wouldn't see it for 2 to 3 months and it was in fact 3 months from when I ordered it and when I received it. If you can live with these type of circumstances I would highly recommend the steering wheel. Its a shame that they choose to do business this way but it is what it is.

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b432/dwallin6591/CF Wheel 4_zpss1mgod6q.jpg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just installed my new Carbon Dynamics steering wheel and am very pleased with the feel and quality of it. I know Carbon Dynamics doesnt have the best reputation on this forum and I cant condone their lack of communication and sometimes dishonest communications. I waited until they delivered a few batches of these steering wheels to ensure they did deliver and customers were pleased once they received them. That being said I ordered mine with the full expectation that no matter what they quoted for delivery times I wouldn't see it for 2 to 3 months and it was in fact 3 months from when I ordered it and when I received it. If you can live with these type of circumstances I would highly recommend the steering wheel. Its a shame that they choose to do business this way but it is what it is.

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b432/dwallin6591/CF Wheel 4_zpss1mgod6q.jpg
Your wheel looks perfect.:D You must be extremely pleased.

I have been thinking about one for a long time, but because of the issues you have brought to life again, I have been in the fence

But now I am thinking about it again. Damn you!!!:lol:

Enjoy your steering wheel. :cheers:

Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
The wheel may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Love it. But won't be engaging in business with a company that doesn't know how to treat its customers. I don't need handholding, but I'd like to know I'm not being jerked around.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I find threads like these terribly interesting. I was a bit smitten with this wheel when I first saw it. Overy time, I have realized the features are just a bit too raw for my taste. I wouldn't mind procuring my own version if their was a market though. Perhaps something a bit less aggressive on the grip surfaces with an led tachometer/shift light interface integrated into the upper hoop. I was considering the potential for a matching hand brake, adjustable pedals and perhaps ever a vibration isolated carbon GT350R Shift handle as well.

Seems like a lot of you guys are willing to spend good money for quality parts, but have far too few options in control surface upgrades. I am one of them. I make my money designing process plants, so this is more of a side project for me if nothing else, but If there was enough interest, I would be willing to entertain some production possibilities to hedge my personal development investments.
Sponsored