Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I would appreciate an update on that valance though, and I know many others would as well.
Sponsored

Sam@CarbonDynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle
I would appreciate an update on that valance though, and I know many others would as well.
We had to scrap the valance that was made out of plastic due to some fitment issues. We are now working on a much more improved version made from Carbon Fiber. Please be patient, these things take time. If I could snap a finger and have it all ready by tomorrow I would.

Last edited:

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
We had to scrap the valance that was made out of plastic due to some fitment issues. We are now working on a much more improved version made from Carbon Fiber. Please be patient, this things take time. If I could snap a finger and have it all ready by tomorrow I would.
Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear. Looking forward to it. Thanks for that.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
The only thing off was the muffler placement.... The valance fit on the bumper. If you don't like the lack of holes then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy it. If you want exactly like OEM, ford is offering the real valance for $700. (last I heard)

CD is a brand new SMALL company. They are doing what they can to launch products for us. The 350 bumper, track pack spoiler, and carbon R wing are on their priority list right now.
Not at all but not going to argue with you because it's been scrapped now and oem is 3k by itself.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
is it going to have the carbon fiber look or look like oem black plastic even over carbon fiber? if it's carbon fiber look, not interested...not a fan of the cf look. sorry!

black1985gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT premium
Carbon fiber is easily painted if you want it body color. The downside is, it's extremely expensive for the guys who don't want the carbon look. Really carbon fiber should cost minimally more than fiberglass. This isn't the 80's and it's not brain science.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The real issues is to do CF right, and to make it fit like OEM and actually look good while not cracking and yellowing over time...is NOT CHEAP at all. Look at Seibon...they've been selling CF hoods for years and they all look like absolute shit after a few months in the sun. ALL OF THEM.

Real CF work is not cheap...and if it's cheap it's gonna be crap. Might look good installed now...but definitely won't once it gets some mileage on it.

Sam@CarbonDynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle
The real issues is to do CF right, and to make it fit like OEM and actually look good while not cracking and yellowing over time...is NOT CHEAP at all. Look at Seibon...they've been selling CF hoods for years and they all look like absolute shit after a few months in the sun. ALL OF THEM.

Real CF work is not cheap...and if it's cheap it's gonna be crap. Might look good installed now...but definitely won't once it gets some mileage on it.
What's "real" carbon fiber? I think you meant the epoxy used yellows overtime, not the carbon itself. Carbon lasts forever.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You misquoted me, I said "real CF work". That includes start to finish. CF can be laid expertly in any weave that pleases the eye. But if the fit or finish sucks...it's still a shitty product.
Sponsored