tec548

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
Finally received my B-Line resonated test pipes.

First impression is the build quality is top notch! I wish they were not hidden away under the car... awesome job guys!!! Install was a piece of cake, went right in with absolutely no issues. First start... wowzers! Sounds amazing! With bypass closed it is hardly noticeable... open on the other hand is a big FU to the neighbors but it made me pee a little... Don't want the sound to change at all from here... perfect for me. First drive... seems like I can feel something but to be honest not positive. Scheduling time on the dyno again and we will see. I'll post up when I get it done, hopefully by this weekend.

thumbnail_IMG_4021.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4022.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
"Another change from the last GT500 is the return to a steel 2-piece drive-shaft in place of the carbon fiber drive shaft used before. With the new characteristics of the Voodoo engine and the independent rear suspension, the carbon shaft wasn’t stiff enough."

It was this article that I remember.

https://sam.abuelsamid.com/2015/06/02/the-2015-ford-shelby-gt350-v8-when-flatter-is-better/
I installed a couple of DSS CF drive shafts in a couple of my 2013 Boss 302 cars which included chassis # PP0004 and was very happy with the end result and could immediately feel the difference especially under hard acceleration.

The elimination of ~25 pounds of rotating mass certainly did not hurt my driving experience either.

Also, appreciate you posting that cool video of a 2016 Race Red Base R on a road course and running the RPM's up to 8,250 RPM probably in Sport Mode.

:clap: :clap:

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Man those are pretty. Definite shame they are hidden. Looking forward to seeing your dyno results.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Dontcha wish there was an easy way to compare everything? I'd like to be able to compare those to their high flow cats.

OP
OP
tec548

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
Tried to dyno day before yesterday and as they got the car tied down the dyno failed to read all modules. Anyway... no dyno for now but will get on as soon as they get it fixed... it happens.

I decided to check my plugs since i am planning on a 93 and E85 tune next. While doing so I went back with the NGK (6510) LTR7IX-11. All the OEM plugs look pretty good and were consistently gapped @ .051. The NGK's were @ .039 and left where they were. Holes 7 and 8 had more oil buildup on the threads than the others but all seem to be a nice golden brown. This is with 11,600 on the ODO.

IMG_4029.jpg
IMG_4030.jpg

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If anyone else is a fan of Revology mustangs, they are now using a DSS carbon shaft on their GT500 (710hp [i think] coyote)

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I also just did the first all highway trip since installing my driveshaft. I know there are too many variables to make a rock solid conclusion, but I had a tank average of 24 and change!! Prior to this, my best ever was 22.5.

OP
OP
tec548

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
Since removing my cats I have noticed reduced cylinder head temperatures by 4-5 degrees. Average rolling temp is 193-194 and traffic temp is 197-198. No CEL with 100 miles and so far.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Finally received my B-Line resonated test pipes.

First impression is the build quality is top notch! I wish they were not hidden away under the car... awesome job guys!!! Install was a piece of cake, went right in with absolutely no issues. First start... wowzers! Sounds amazing! With bypass closed it is hardly noticeable... open on the other hand is a big FU to the neighbors but it made me pee a little... Don't want the sound to change at all from here... perfect for me. First drive... seems like I can feel something but to be honest not positive. Scheduling time on the dyno again and we will see. I'll post up when I get it done, hopefully by this weekend.

thumbnail_IMG_4021.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4022.jpg
Did you happen to weigh stock versus the B line pipes?

Sponsored
OP
OP
tec548

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
Did you happen to weigh stock versus the B line pipes?
I did and failed to mention. Stock are 13.2 each and B-line with resonator are 11.9 each. Not a whole lot of weight savings but there is still almost a 3lb difference to the good. The straight pipe would probably be another 1.5-2.0lbs lighter than these however.

OP
OP
tec548

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
Well, I was finally able to get the time to get back on the dyno. I have had the B-Line resonated test pipes on the car for about 2 months and 350miles. No CEL and car still sounds awesome to my ears. While I thought I felt some gains when first installed I was hesitant to attempt to qualify because it's natural to "want" it to feel stronger. Here is the proof... notice the whole curve is dramatically improved. A ton of usable torque down low and you can feel it. I still have the OEM shortie headers on so I wasn't expecting much on the big end but there is a little gain there too. This is best stock pull to best catless pull but the mean between them is very close. 1-2 hp/tq. It was extremely hot when I ran (100F), these are SAE# but correction factors are not perfect. Again, just look at the curves not the peak numbers. This is stock engine management software. Next will be a PB 93 and E85 tunes.

test pipe.jpeg

Last edited:

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Well, I was finally able to get the time to get back on the dyno. I have had the B-Line resonated test pipes on the car for about 2 months and 350miles. No CEL and car still sounds awesome to my ears. While I thought I felt some gains when first installed I was hesitant to attempt to qualify because it's natural to "want" it to feel stronger. Here is the proof... notice the whole curve is dramatically improved. A ton of usable torque down low and you can feel it. I still have the OEM shortie headers on so I wasn't expecting much on the big end but there is a little gain there too. This is best stock pull to best catless pull but the mean between them is very close. 1-2 hp/tq. It was extremely hot when I ran (100F), these are SAE# but correction factors are not perfect. Again, just look at the curves not the peak numbers. This is stock engine management software. Next will be a PB 93 and E85 tunes.

test pipe.jpeg
Very nice sir! Great gains under the curve! I am sure some of your torque gains can be attributed to the installation of the carbon fiber driveshaft as well reducing rotational mass. I have a similar set up but switched to a full Borla Atak catback.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tec548

tec548

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Raptor G1
There will be gains in ET at the track but nothing on the dyno with the carbon DS, it’s the same as a lightened flywheel, you will notice it in responsiveness but not measurable by the dyno. In this regard the base run was done with the carbon DS installed.
Sponsored