Car paint protection

circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
On my last car, I had XPEL ceramic coating and XPEL film.
With my latest car, the cost of the two, is simply too much, at the moment. And I am not in a position to install/apply it myself.

Those that have neither ceramic coating or a film, how do you protect your car from rock chips and such? Thanks
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
With my latest car, the cost of the two, is simply too much, at the moment. And I am not in a position to install/apply it myself.

Those that have neither ceramic coating or a film, how do you protect your car from rock chips and such? Thanks
Are you really struggling to go with PPF? :wink:

Ceramic will do nothing for rock chips.
I did PPF and skipped the expense of ceramic coating. I use a hybrid ceramic detailer when I wash the car. Shiny and slippery as hell.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Stay away from gravel roads. Stay away from construction sites, stay away from dump trucks and road construction and put splash guards on.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Stay away from gravel roads. Stay away from construction sites, stay away from dump trucks and road construction and put splash guards on.
Add I would add: Stay well back from any vehicle you are following. Especially those DB pickup truck drivers with the wheels poking out 12" from the fenders.

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Add I would add: Stay well back from any vehicle you are following. Especially those DB pickup truck drivers with the wheels poking out 12" from the fenders.
Only issue is on 4 lane roads, people will cut in front of you when you try to stay in your safe space behind leading vehicles. Where I'm at, the only way to totally avoid them is to never leave 2 lane roads.

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Keep your car in the garage. Not trying to be sarcastic but rock chips are unavoidable. Of course u can follow some tips above, but in the end they are unavoidable. Or u can get one of those ugly black leather car bras

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I learned from first-hand experience that neither can stop hot tar from making a stain.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I even do this with PPF. Big trucks and exposed tires scare me :frown:.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Post 7.

If you don't want your finish damaged, don't drive the car or ever touch it.

Even cars protected with PPF and/or coatings still get blemishes from driving, washing, etc.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Without PPF, I stay away from Hwy cruises with other mustang. (especially if they have sticky tires) I didn't get a single rock chip or ding until I tried keeping up with a local group drive to cars&coffee. I heard it hit and I haven't road close with them since. It wasn't his fault of course, but without protection, it's not worth the risk.

I'm dredging this section of the forum now to see where everyone is buying their bulk PPF.
Sponsored